Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I was trying to do the sw vision on my rogue. I had not previously attempted umbric before so I decided to go there.

He teleports and starts casting the thing. With current affix you get slowed down to snail speed when trying to get to him. Then once I got to him, he immediately teleported to the opposite of the room and continued casting. I did not even have time to apply dots on him.

Only reason I ever got to kill him, it seems, was because instead of immediately teleporting to other side of the room by the time i reached him was because he started casting polymorph and I had time to reapply dots.

I spent most of my time trying to get across the room with the stacking debuff that slows you down. It was a huge sanity loss.

How is this supposed to be done? Help!
    The stacks drop off in about 3s of standing still. Try to stop moving around stack 10 or so, at least that's what works for me.

Oddly enough, easiest class I've done it on?

My death knight.

While you do have crap tier mobility the two abilities you do have both stop you from being slowed while they are active. Also if you drop death and decay on his platform it'll tick on him even while shrouded and kick him out of the phase so you can target him with ranged abilities - like death coil.

Plus the slow doesn't effect your pets, so if you time your transformation and have the helchains trait you could just stay on one side and let your pet and the chains do the work to get him back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    I find SW super easy this week.
    No mask pleb spotted, try a 4 or 5 mask this week and enjoy being trapped by a retarded circle without escape on sw mage quarter small corridors looking at your sanity bar because the "free" spot randomly keep spawning against a wall, great design btw

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Ah yes because if something tells you that randomly its about to happen before it happens then its not random. Do you actually know what 'random' means?

Good thing every single pack of mobs, every mini boss, and every boss all don't have aoe abilities to move out of. I love how all the people 'umm actually'-ing my post about it seem to think that hot foot only happens when its convenient for you.

And also seem to miss the entire point of the post was about losing dps due to downtime, not "being unable to control where I land" or "not knowing how the mechanic works" or "it not really being random." Gotta love forums.
    Dude, don't blame others for poor wording you are now trying to salvage. You don't randomly get jumped around. You get the debuff randomly. Which is vastly different since one is something you can counter while the other isn't.

If you need to move out of stuff it's not like the debuff bothers yiu since you still lose dps due to moving out mechanics. It can actually help you in those cases even.
    You can't say you lose dps due to it and then say you have to move out of mechanics which makes you jump since that already causes you to lose dps. The debuff isn't causing the dps loss, it's whatever you have to move out of.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-20 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The stacks drop off in about 3s of standing still. Try to stop moving around stack 10 or so, at least that's what works for me.

Oddly enough, easiest class I've done it on?

My death knight.

While you do have crap tier mobility the two abilities you do have both stop you from being slowed while they are active. Also if you drop death and decay on his platform it'll tick on him even while shrouded and kick him out of the phase so you can target him with ranged abilities - like death coil.

Plus the slow doesn't effect your pets, so if you time your transformation and have the helchains trait you could just stay on one side and let your pet and the chains do the work to get him back to you.
    You dont even have to do that, just set your pet to afk at the end of the tunnel and it pops him out.

Also DK and shaman are extremely good vs umbric because they can't get slowed. Ret can most likely just freedom, druids powershift, priests can likely disperse (haven't done stormwind on those this week)

He is annoying at first but not undoable. After you try a couple times you get better at it. Save all the CDs to burn him asap. Guardian of Azeroth (EP essence) is a good thing to use that is available to all classes. Don't be afraid to just stop moving for a couple seconds to lose the freeze stacks

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    No mask pleb spotted, try a 4 or 5 mask this week and enjoy being trapped by a retarded circle without escape on sw mage quarter small corridors looking at your sanity bar because the "free" spot randomly keep spawning against a wall, great design btw
    I think he meant this week because the week before this one was the knock backs that usually were super annoying and could have put you in combat with unnecessary things, and this week you just have a thing from the beyond coming really slowly after you, giving you time to tunnel visioning it while fighting things. It really was annoying the knockbacks all the time on last SW. He is not saying the visions are easier itself, but that the affix on the visions this week it's easier than last. And i fully agree, this weeks affix is easier, the thing from the beyond didn't even showed up that much, compared to the knockbacks that were almost every 10 secs.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-02-20 at 11:55 AM.