Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    SW is a joke without masks anyway , other than that you can get double upgrade next week if it's that hard for you.
    It's not hard, I just hate SW

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Can't we just skip this week and keep the vessels for a double upgrade next week? (honest question, I don't wanna do 4 upgrades on SW on multiple characters this week). Even on my DH I hated slaying Umbric, I definitely don't want to do any serious run on SW this week.
    Yes you can easily skip this week and be caught up next week because the cloak 12 upgrade only takes 1 run. 13-15 will take many runs though and you'll need to stockpile in anticipation for upgrade 15.

Honestly though I think stormwind might be easier than org once you introduce the 400% sanity mask (4-5 mask runs). Rexxar and his boars are quite scary =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Yes you can easily skip this week and be caught up next week because the cloak 12 upgrade only takes 1 run. 13-15 will take many runs though and you'll need to stockpile in anticipation for upgrade 15.
    That's good to know, thanks for the answer. I don't find SW more difficult, but the place looks bland and awful visually compared to Orgrimmar by day, and mini bosses are tedious. I enjoy the Org visions, but SW visions feel like a chore.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-19 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Welcome to the world of turret casters during the week where you randomly got thrown around every 10 seconds.
    You're not if you stand still.

Can't we just skip this week and keep the vessels for a double upgrade next week? (honest question, I don't wanna do 4 upgrades on SW on multiple characters this week). Even on my DH I hated slaying Umbric, I definitely don't want to do any serious run on SW this week.
    If you play enough for cloak upgrades to matter, you'd significantly overcap your vessels if you did this.

But if you're asking, you probably don't do anything meaningful enough and can afford to overcap.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Welcome to the world of turret casters during the week where you randomly got thrown around every 10 seconds.
    You don't get randomly thrown around. You only jump when you move - in the direction you move. Stand still = no jump at all. Burning does no dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Keep your vessels for orgrimmar weeks
    And you'd deprive yourself of a 470 corrupted item every other week. Not very smart.

Next week is better served to catch up and max out on vessels before the multiples to come. If you can manage to cap by the end of next week in doing that, then you wouldn't fall behind, but using 5 vessels in 1 week makes it difficult to do so. At most, by the time you get to the 9 runs for the final upgrade, you'll be behind 1 week, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. My post was more directed at those that felt the need to have everything the day it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Shadow step
    Sprint
    Cloak

Jumping to remove lead foot

These are your friends
    You can't shadowstep to him, he's obscured.
    Cloak doesn't remove leaden foot.
    Jumping? Are you sure you're even talking about the right mechanic?

Keep your vessels for orgrimmar weeks
    I find SW super easy this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    I find SW super easy this week.
    It's definitely easier and less frustrating this week. I barely had to pay attention to the affixes. Umbric and Alleria can still go die in a fucking fire tho
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-19 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    If you're that bad at it, just put conflict as your major and sprint through the leaden foot

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I mean I think it works like that lol
    It might just disappear because I stand still but jump....I think I was thinking about the bugs and thus in my runs this week jump for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    If you're that bad at it, just put conflict as your major and sprint through the leaden foot
    It's not a matter of being bad at it, it's just an infuriating mechanic to deal with. As Assassination my dots cause so much damage to him while I'm running I trigger 3 teleport phases back to back to back.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    And you'd deprive yourself of a 470 corrupted item every other week. Not very smart.
    If you're asking for advice in forums , you're probably not doing it with 5 masks , try again.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Do the thing that makes you immune to magic debuffs and sprint to him. Nuke him and hopefully you’ll will still have sprint when he teleports again.

I like how people think it's random when it gives warning before it happens...
    When screen starts to go red it's about to pop, stand still. "Randomly" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean I think it works like that lol
    It might just disappear because I stand still but jump....I think I was thinking about the bugs and thus in my runs this week jump for no reason
    jump doesn't affect leaden. Not positive or in a negative way, only way to counter is to stand still...however it seems like if you stand still earlier you have less stacks to drop off. Which means the quicker you are to react to leaden the quicker you can remove it. Fairly sure that when it reaches 0 you can't gain anymore stacks until it "procs" again.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I like how people think it's random when it gives warning before it happens...
    When screen starts to go red it's about to pop, stand still. "Randomly" lol.
    Ah yes because if something tells you that randomly its about to happen before it happens then its not random. Do you actually know what 'random' means?

Good thing every single pack of mobs, every mini boss, and every boss all don't have aoe abilities to move out of. I love how all the people 'umm actually'-ing my post about it seem to think that hot foot only happens when its convenient for you.

And also seem to miss the entire point of the post was about losing dps due to downtime, not "being unable to control where I land" or "not knowing how the mechanic works" or "it not really being random." Gotta love forums.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-02-20 at 08:43 AM.

If you have Guardian of Azeroth as major essence you can use it to interrupt his cloud effect. Guardian isn't affected by leaden foot and will run to boss as soon as he teleports and counts as someone on melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I was trying to do the sw vision on my rogue. I had not previously attempted umbric before so I decided to go there.

He teleports and starts casting the thing. With current affix you get slowed down to snail speed when trying to get to him. Then once I got to him, he immediately teleported to the opposite of the room and continued casting. I did not even have time to apply dots on him.

Only reason I ever got to kill him, it seems, was because instead of immediately teleporting to other side of the room by the time i reached him was because he started casting polymorph and I had time to reapply dots.

I spent most of my time trying to get across the room with the stacking debuff that slows you down. It was a huge sanity loss.

How is this supposed to be done? Help!
    The stacks drop off in about 3s of standing still. Try to stop moving around stack 10 or so, at least that's what works for me.

Oddly enough, easiest class I've done it on?

My death knight.

While you do have crap tier mobility the two abilities you do have both stop you from being slowed while they are active. Also if you drop death and decay on his platform it'll tick on him even while shrouded and kick him out of the phase so you can target him with ranged abilities - like death coil.

Plus the slow doesn't effect your pets, so if you time your transformation and have the helchains trait you could just stay on one side and let your pet and the chains do the work to get him back to you.