Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Imagine truly thinking classic pvp is any better than retail
    Imagine thinking any WoW pvp is actually good.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    imagine using the sentence fragment "imagine" unironically in 2020

(But yeah OP is a dumbass, had to be said)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    and Retail has the worst powercreep with gear.
    And completely bland, uninteresting classes, and borderline immortal healers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You swap trinkets situationally. As a Hunter I FD-swap all the time depending on who I'm fighting and what trinkets are on CD.

Taking a couple minutes to make a swap macro is well worth the joy you get from reflecting a Pyro/Soulfire back in someone's face.
    Again, 5 minute cooldown, so at best you get to reflect something every 5 minutes. Great for dueling, complete shit otherwise.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    imagine using the sentence fragment "imagine" unironically in 2020

(But yeah OP is a dumbass, had to be said)
    Imagine not understanding the imperative mood and how it is a complete sentence with an implied subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Imagine not understanding the imperative mood and how it is a complete sentence with an implied subject.
    imagine not realising how I will claim that being "the joke", but that being actually the cover-up of how stupid I am - which may itself be "the joke", or may not.

Yeah I completely lost the track of that so let's stop it before we all get b&
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

"real pvp" LOL nice troll!

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    Classic is the only real PVP, Retail is a joke, and you can tell the difference.
    Stop. Get some help.

Being 1-2 shot with decent gear is not PvP. Zergings BGs while most of the team is half afk, is not PvP. There is nothing PvP related about Classic. Arena in BFA is still the hardest most pure form of PvP. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have the top rated players having matches 5-15 mins long, or longer sometimes.

Saying that Classic being the real PvP is you just being a homer, and trying to start shit. And from the very onset of the topic, you already knew you were wrong. You just wanted to laugh as people mock and call you stupid. Because you are.

PvP in both versions of the game are joke currently for different reasons. Classic is a shit show that requires no real skill. Play a Warlock? Good thing fear almost never breaks and lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Imagine truly thinking classic pvp is any better than retail
    Hum...i do think Classic PvP is better than current BUUuuut im aware is just my personal taste.
    Im at the point of CRINGING really hard when i see current wow PvP videos.
    Is pretty bad...

BfA PvP:

Attack attack attack
    PoP Cd's
    Crowd Control
    They use defensives
    Run run run OR keep attacking attacking attacking (but nothing dies thats for sure)
    Reset
    Attack attack
    More defensive CD's
    run run run OR attack attack attack
    (repeat how many times necessary)

Classic PvP:

Attack
    Use Cd's
    Dead
    /spit OR /dance on corpse

In Classic: correct class/gear = win
    In Retail: correct corruption/trinkets = win

In neither situation does skill plays a large roll. This is up too about 2200-2300 on Retail after that you run into the try hards "skilled" players.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's so weird seeing people talking about reflectors and such. I mean if you're dueling sure. Otherwise it's a 5 minute cooldown and in that 5 minutes you're just getting shit on until you can reflect something. I loved Vanilla PvP 15 years ago because I played one of the OP classes.
    That's not how you are supposed to be using those trinkets.
    Classic PvP is not Arena which one massive fight for 3-5min+ until someone dies.

You equip these trinkets, force a fight with a class / spec that is getting countered by that and own them, then switch to another trinket afterwards.

Take Shadow reflector for example, which is probably the most useful trinket.

You equip it at the start of a game, then go nuts at a Warlock / SP, at which point they usually attempt to kill / CC you, you use Shadow reflecter, you're essentially immune against anything they do while you continue to beat them.
    After the fight, you switch to another trinket, rinse and repeat.

If you don't see a WL / SP in before the fight, you switch to another trinket shortly beforehand.
    If you have these trinkets perma equipped, you're doing it wrong.

It's one of the major differences between classic and Arena PvP, one death doesn't mean the end of the match.
    Same reason why people always go "LUL 3min mage one shotting everybody" totally ignore that this wasn't the Meta for Mages in PvP, yeah they do that once every 3min and then proceed to hide somewhere because a Deep Arcane / Fire Mage falls apart once a Melee or Hunter even scratches them.

(Nearly) one shotting someone every 3 minutes but being useless for the remainder of that time isn't exactly a decent trade off in your regular BG.
    It's like some super bursty but squishy Moba Hero, sure they can kill someone with all their CD's, but stand out of position once and you're dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Again, 5 minute cooldown, so at best you get to reflect something every 5 minutes. Great for dueling, complete shit otherwise.
    Not at all, excellent for WPVP. Unless you think you're running into A/F Mages with PoM up more than once every 5 minutes?

I have like 6 different Engi trinkets/on-use items that I swap in and out while WPvPing and they all give me an edge. Sure, they're not always up, but they're up often enough to give me a huge advantage when I make use of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always the Classic players with their incessant need to show off their e-peen...sure like whipping it out and making up fake measurements, good thing for them Retail players aren't really trying to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Always the Classic players with their incessant need to show off their e-peen...sure like whipping it out and making up fake measurements, good thing for them Retail players aren't really trying to compete.
    Lie of the fucking year my dude.

it used to be, but not anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Lie of the fucking year my dude.
    Sorry, you can't handle truth but there aren't dozens of posts going up about how Retail is better than Classis.

So my post still rings true, Retail players really aren't competing because they don't feel the need to make dozens of posts to show of their e-peens. They don't need to make up lies about how Retail is the greatest thing since sliced bread, like Classic players do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Sorry, you can't handle truth but there aren't dozens of posts going up about how Retail is better than Classis.

So my post still rings true, Retail players really aren't competing because they don't feel the need to make dozens of posts to show of their e-peens. They don't need to make up lies about how Retail is the greatest thing since sliced bread, like Classic players do.
    You obviously don't read this forum much if you think Retail players don't shit on Classic constantly. You don't need to make new threads to shit on something.

Your post speaks of nothing except your personal opinion, the delivery of which puts you in the same group as all the other idiotic fanboys of both Retail and Classic engaging in their little pissing match.

What this shithole of a forum needs is actual unbiased moderation.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-03-09 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously don't read this forum much if you think Retail players don't shit on Classic constantly. You don't need to make new threads to shit on something.

Your post speaks of nothing except your personal opinion, the delivery of which puts you in the same group as all the other idiotic fanboys of both Retail and Classic engaging in their little pissing match.

What this shithole of a forum needs is actual unbiased moderation.
    I'm sorry you can't accept reality, that opinions and facts hurt you so much. I said there is no reason that Retail players need to make these dick measuring threads then you quickly glance over that, kudos on the strawman!