Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you didn't notice by now:

99.99% of Blizzard's content is created to extend/maximize your time online using the lowest thought possible.

Everything in Visions snares, stuns, disorients, fears, or manifests in a way to stop your damage.

Like taking a normal beer, dumping 10% of the base beer into 10 bottles, then filling the remaining 90% of each with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    i have no idea how to avoid -10 sanity from eye thingies fighting shaw. I had to burn him as fast as possible. Terrible with leaden foot tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I think you can LoS the eye thingies.
    You CAN LoS them, though you rapidly run out of space doing so. The proper counter is to look away, they only drain sanity while you're looking at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    If you didn't notice by now:

99.99% of Blizzard's content is created to extend/maximize your time online using the lowest thought possible.

Everything in Visions snares, stuns, disorients, fears, or manifests in a way to stop your damage.

Like taking a normal beer, dumping 10% of the base beer into 10 bottles, then filling the remaining 90% of each with water.
    You know that there's only one Patchwerk raid fight per expansion, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You CAN LoS them, though you rapidly run out of space doing so. The proper counter is to look away, they only drain sanity while you're looking at them.
    you stand still, let shaw come to you, take 1 step back, and hit him.

If you played a tank for 5 mins, positioning shaw is easy. Also, rotate, don't wsad or strafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Demonology Warlocks: Am I a joke to you?
    My biggest issue with visions is they completely ignored the fact some specs would be terrible in them and others absurdly good. They made no efforts to fix it, to help the bad classes or do anything really.

I just don't get the logic they use anymore, it's like they just don't care about the game. Most of the mechanics seem more punishing to casters that actually have to cast than to melee, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Solo play versus group play is entirely dependent on what classes we are talking about. I've cleared 5 mask in both zones on a blood DK, as have UH DKs, DHs, stealth classes, mages, BM hunters and rogues (to just name a few). The only aspect of solo that's more difficult is that if you fuck up, you're basically done, whereas groups have the option to bring you back up. I won't sit here and say they'e perfectly balanced (they're not), but every class should be able to 5 mask at some point.

Is there an emphasis on speed? Yeah, slightly, but I think it's very overblown. Somebody who mass pulls and takes sanity damage is going to be doing just as well as somebody who pulls in 2-3 pulls, and avoids everything. Visions are about locating mobs with dangerous abilities, and literally nuking/CC the ever living shit out of them, while saving your big boy CDs for the bosses that give you problems. Most of my runs where I fail are a product of me pulling far too much and taking too much sanity damage. If I can 3 mask solo as a balance druid in 445 gear with a 415 weapon and not even 3 minors, so can you. This is literally a class with few interrupts and terrible AoE.
    Baseline, none of the madness modifiers are really a problem so far for me. The issues arise (as a solo player), when you don't play a spec/class that can deal with certain situations and have certain masks on. My considerably less geared DH can handle things a lot easier than my Ele main can, with a weaker cloak. Long night and Daredevil, for example, are already annoying enough on their own for me to full clear with as Ele, but put them together, and it's absolute madness this week when you have Shaw with Leaden foot and split.

You should note, that while your balance druid might be lacking in gear and the ability to AoE, they also have the ability to Skip a lot of trash that is otherwise unskippable, which saves loooooads of Sanity.

Yeah, the only ones that I'd consider bullshit are Split Personality and Leaden Foot, and funnily enough they kind of cancel each other out to some degree when together. If the OP doesn't even know what Entomophobia does, I also kind of doubt they have cleared 4 masks, but maybe that's just me being cynical.

Umbric with both of those madnesses on can die in a fire, though. Fuck that fight sideways.
    See, Umbric is a joke for me with that combo, since I can ghost wolf for movement (or use ele to end phase). While a fight like shaw, if I have Daredevil on, even though I can disjoint eyes with ghost wolf, it makes the fight take so long since I'm constantly having to move with ghost wolf. That gives the fight more time for chaos which could lead to me walking into a bad split spawn, or eyes getting into a bad position that take me longer than usual to disjoint. All that just makes massive sanity drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Umbric is the worst, or second worst boss in all of Visions, Rexxar being the only consideration. Umbrics difficulty with leaden foot is a lot higher.

Something people should know about Umbric is that anything (including pets, minions, etc) will break his smoke bomb mechanic instantly. There are a few trinkets that summon shit and even if they're low iLvL you might want to use them. Can also position pets down the corridor (he always ports to the corridor farthest away).
    It's a class thing. Umbric is literally a joke for me, as I both have pets and ghost wolf to handle leaden. However, Rexxar is indeed hell in my experience, and Shaw is the worst with certain mask/madness setups. At least with Rexxar, I could in theory go slow and kill one boar before making the next come out. Can't do that with eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap I'm glad you said this!!! Idk why I never thought about trying this. That makes Shaw totally different. Ignore everything I said about him now lol.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2020-02-20 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    You can do that right now? The mobs that have cast time stuns can be CCed if you don't want to deal with them.

Except by all the specs that don't have a reliable CC. Or interrupt.

I don't think it has anything to do with them not caring about the game. People don't pour their time and effort into things that they hate. I think it is just a very clear example of what goes wrong when you try to create content for everyone. Some will be better suited than others. The mage tower avoided the issue because every scenario was designed for certain specs/roles. The downside to the mage tower is the amount of development resources require was probably higher since they had so much more content to create.
    The issue being, the reason some specs are bad are problems that have existed for all of BFA, problems that could be fixed with little to no effort that would have no net impact on pvp.

There's no reason for axe toss to not also be a kick, for example. There's no reason for demonic Tyrant to not be instant cast. There's no reason why aff hasn't been tuned better for dungeon-like content all of BFA, when the fixes would require little effort.
    Last edited by asil; 2020-02-20 at 12:06 AM.

To be honest, given how horrible DK movement is in every other part of the game, I'm sure it's fine that they have one place they shine :P

I struggle really hard with Rexxar on my mage, still not sure the easiest way to handle him.
    Oh for sure. I was laughing at him in Antorus because he got getting gibbed on Aggramar and Argus due in part to his ass mobility. Guess who's laughing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Found a rare neutral gnome attacked it, he is fucking immune! feared the adds 2 times and burned him. Is there any other way to kill him?

long story short, whoever designed leaden foot and put it to the mage area in stormwind is the biggest as asshole ever.
    I was hoping he would give something interesting, but all I got was a biscuit that I could eat that gave me a buff that said I felt like a kid again or something. Seemed like a total waste of time.

Play something with hunter in the name, so u can roll ur face and pretend ur skilled.

DH oh look im doing my 3 button rotation, how fucking good am i.

Hunter oh my pet tanks everything so i dont need to avoid shit, but my entire rotation works while moving anyway, how fucking pro.

Meanwhile casters actually have to do 3 times the work, for half the dps output #balanced.

Are you sure you've cleared 4 mask visions?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, the visions aren't hard, or challenging, so much as seriously annoying.
    The Visions are hilariously easy.

It's just time-gated nonsense and once the cloak starts getting upgrades and the tech tree is filled out it's not really a challenge anymore. Already 1 masking it without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Already 1 masking it without even trying.
    Watch out, we got a badass here

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Play something with hunter in the name, so u can roll ur face and pretend ur skilled.

DH oh look im doing my 3 button rotation, how fucking good am i.

Hunter oh my pet tanks everything so i dont need to avoid shit, but my entire rotation works while moving anyway, how fucking pro.

Meanwhile casters actually have to do 3 times the work, for half the dps output #balanced.
    get friends if you wanna cry, i guess. good thing you can do them in a group.

BTW *all* melee and *all* pet classes are good. Warlocks are good, just play demo and pull packs of 4-5 and kill the mobs that stun (only 2 mobs cast a stun, the aqir in rexxar's area stun when u get 5 stacks of poison)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    The issue being, the reason some specs are bad are problems that have existed for all of BFA, problems that could be fixed with little to no effort that would have no net impact on pvp.

There's no reason for axe toss to not also be a kick, for example. There's no reason for demonic Tyrant to not be instant cast. There's no reason why aff hasn't been tuned better for dungeon-like content all of BFA, when the fixes would require little effort.
    Because aff already shines in its niche and you have other specs to fill the 5 man niche.
    Legion affi is dead, adapt

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    get friends if you wanna cry, i guess. good thing you can do them in a group.

BTW *all* melee and *all* pet classes are good. Warlocks are good, just play demo and pull packs of 4-5 and kill the mobs that stun (only 2 mobs cast a stun, the aqir in rexxar's area stun when u get 5 stacks of poison)
    FoS for solo'in 5 masks, and i've full cleared with 3, guess i'll wait for more cloak upgrades because blizzards idea of balance is....j/k they have no idea.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if a system that was made to show your character going Mad from Cosmic horrors involves a lot of madness.

FoS for solo'in 5 masks, and i've full cleared with 3, guess i'll wait for more cloak upgrades because blizzards idea of balance is....j/k they have no idea.
    You're under the impression that you'd be able to do it easily on any class at the start of the patch?
    By the time people get cloak 15 pretty much everyone is gonna have it.

But keep crying, obv

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You're under the impression that you'd be able to do it easily on any class at the start of the patch?
    By the time people get cloak 15 pretty much everyone is gonna have it.

But keep crying, obv
    9 posts, and all u say is "crying in every post" i'll save myself the time ignored.

9 posts, and all u say is "crying in every post" i'll save myself the time ignored.
    so i hit the nail on the head, gottem.

Ignoring me just means that you acknowledge what I say and refuse to face the music.

Twas a pleasure.

At least Rexxar is a straight up skill (and admittedly gear to some extent) test. Umbric tests little but my patience with this week's affixes, and as a Warrior I can't do much when Leap is on cooldown. I envy my DK guildie who laughs at Leaden Foot due to Death's Advance passive and has two movement skills while Charge is worthless in that fight.
    Ok not gonna lie

I’ve killed rexxar 4 times and still don’t know his mechanics