Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    id tune in
    ty for reply
    I’ll be sure to casually drop a line about my Twitch channel if it happens XD. Glad to be of service.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Surely shadowlands will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I generally just tinker with the classes so I have a better idea of what's going on but with SL beta I'm gonna be a bit more thorough just because if it's more RNG on RNG on RNG I'll prob walk away.
    The whole RNG thing is because they were clearly trying to make BfA have a mobile game reward like system and it ruins the game having so much gear throw at you for doing next to nothing all the time, that and the shitty direction they took the classes.

I really hope on top of the de-pruning every spec gets affinity talents like the druid have so you can be part specialized into one of your other specs. too much freedom and player choice was removed over the years and that is what needs to come back.

I've had beta access for every xpac since WOTLK. Is it weird that I have never spent more than 30 minutes actually beta testing :/

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    People who pre-ordered shadowlands should be guaranteed alpha/beta, Change my mind
    People who preorder video gamed should be given the Darwin Award. Change my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for ppl to say "Covenant abilities will be balanced and wont matter much for ur dps" throughout alpha/beta, then for release say they wont be nerfed, then say in 9.1 they wont be nerfed a 2nd time so its safe to change em.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is false unless you're in the 0.1% doing the World First race. There wasn't any "being forced" or "must grind" at all.
    If you're a fucking twat that doesn't care about anybody else in your group, that is true. But if you have a half decent mindset of improving yourself where you can, this feels mandatory. To down the boss it isn't, but people feel compelled, even if they are actually not. That argument is trash and people shouldn't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    We are getting rental powers again from covenents, PvP vendors and badges are not returning. We WILL have an iteration of RNG when it comes to loot, whether it's something similar to corruption or the old titanforging system. Proper talent trees are NOT going to make a return to the game.

All of the above are facts, sorry to tell you this.
    If I had to guess they will keep it the way it is but let you pick from 3 or 4 items in the pvp chest. Better than bfa but not as good as it used to be with venders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    is alpha usually non disclosure agreement? or can streamers stream alpha?
    Depends - i remember seeing early videos from streamers for BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    People who preorder video gamed should be given the Darwin Award. Change my mind.
    WoW is the only game I preorder. Based on the years of play I had, I am confident I will enjoy the game in the next expansion. Yeah I enjoy BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    If you're a fucking twat that doesn't care about anybody else in your group, that is true. But if you have a half decent mindset of improving yourself where you can, this feels mandatory. To down the boss it isn't, but people feel compelled, even if they are actually not. That argument is trash and people shouldn't use it.
    No, it doesn't "feel mandatory" at all unless you are in the "0.1% world first race".

Progressing through raids is much more about learning to deal with the encounter's mechanics than it is DPS/HPS. Increasing your neck by a couple items levels wouldn't make you survive that one-shot mechanic you failed to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes but they also had the smallest most under trained dev team at any point of the games development history during that WoD period too.
    Literally false. WoD's content was scrapped to get expansions out yearly (instead of the standard 2 year cycle) and the WoW team grew massively since MOP's release. They literally admitted this.

Content Droughts and Expansion Development Timelines: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas
    WoW Team 50% larger, bigger than ever: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6422762/

Their team is even bigger now and the troubles with BFA were systems they stubbornly defended throughout beta and release until it bit them in the ass a few more times. 8.2 was the last BFA patch they gave any real effort in and they didn't really bother hyping up 8.2.5 nor 8.3 outside of standard marketing.
    Last edited by Kayze; 2020-02-21 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Their team is even bigger now and the troubles with BFA were systems they stubbornly defended throughout beta and release until it bit them in the ass a few more times. 8.2 was the last BFA patch they gave any real effort in and they didn't really bother hyping up 8.2.5 nor 8.3 outside of standard marketing.
    Let's be honest, here: what do honestly think they could've done? Scrapped the whole thing, the main expansion's feature for character growth, and started over, from scrap? Do you honestly think the player base would be happy with the content drought for Argus lasting for twice as long, at least, as Blizzard goes back to the drawing board to come up with a new main feature for BfA? Or BfA going without Azerite gear and without tier sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's be honest, here: what do honestly think they could've done? Scrapped the whole thing, the main expansion's feature for character growth, and started over, from scrap? Do you honestly think the player base would be happy with the content drought for Argus lasting for twice as long, at least, as Blizzard goes back to the drawing board to come up with a new main feature for BfA? Or BfA going without Azerite gear and without tier sets?
    This is nonsense. There are numerous ways the system could have been improved without scrapping it entirely IF they had introduced it to the PTR early enough to actually get some feedback, and even early after release before they doubled down on the garbage by adding more rings. It's not an all or nothing scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This is nonsense. There are numerous ways the system could have been improved without scrapping it entirely IF they had introduced it to the PTR early enough to actually get some feedback, and even early after release before they doubled down on the garbage by adding more rings. It's not an all or nothing scenario.
    Funny, because I never presented an "all or nothing scenario", since I literally asked the poster I replied to what could have been done. For once I'd like to hear ideas for changes instead of people simply complaining and saying "this sucks, they should've changed it!"

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    People who pre-ordered shadowlands should be guaranteed alpha/beta, Change my mind
    they did that for mop where you got beta if you did a 6 month thing, and i think they said they wouldnt do it again because most people were just playing it as like an early release and not giving feedback or testing

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    We are getting rental powers again from covenents, PvP vendors and badges are not returning. We WILL have an iteration of RNG when it comes to loot, whether it's something similar to corruption or the old titanforging system. Proper talent trees are NOT going to make a return to the game.

All of the above are facts, sorry to tell you this.
    I'm aware of these things. Thats the reason why i will follow Alpha and Beta more closely and sceptical through some of these WoW Content creators who still have to sell this potential garbage because their income depends on it as well, even though some of them got more honest and critical in the span of the last expansions. I haven't played WoD and Legion a lot because it wasn't fun for me. I played BfA a bit more, but looking back at it there wasn't much fun involved. But i'm even more skeptical when it comes to Shadowlands.

If it stays like it is now, which is very likely, than its not for me, because the only thing that would be interesting to me would be customizations / certain armor and weapon cosmetics, which isn't enough for me to play Shadowlands when it comes out and through all the patches. And i could get all / most of these by only playing after the last patch of Shadowland with minimal money and time investment and minimal time gating.

Only if Blizzard really reacts to constructive feedback and changes stuff, i might change my mind. But i certainly wouldn't bet on it. Even at this point i don't get the impression that they even understand what a lot of people don't like about Retail. And this alone shows how out of touch these developers or at least the people who make the decisions are.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    they did that for mop where you got beta if you did a 6 month thing, and i think they said they wouldnt do it again because most people were just playing it as like an early release and not giving feedback or testing
    well. Thats kinda bs from their part, sicne they still give it to every big ass streamer as promo's. Majority of them aren't giving feedback either

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Ranged Survival please...
    Don't understand the hate for survival. I think it's far far better than BM or mm. If you want ranged hunter you have 2 specs, leave survival melee.
    Last edited by Elderwolf; 2020-02-21 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    Don't understand the hate for survival. I think it's far far better than BM or mm. If you want ranged hunter you have 2 specs, leave survival melee.
    Ranged Survival was the most entertaining spec. Chaining explosive shots with Black Arrow procs, the sheer number of escapes, Wyvern sting combos with powershot and explosive traps. In PVP the spec was just ridiculous. It made absolutely no sense to make Survival the melee build. You're in there fighting with your pet like Rexxar who was a Beastmaster. I'm not saying the spec is bad now, only that they picked the wrong one to change. Further though, there were MORE than enough melee specs. There are too many at this point.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2020-02-22 at 01:33 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...