Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Because Blizzard realized that having rep tied to world quests with a talking head that appears out of nowhere didn’t make sense and that turning in physical quests to a quest giver is miles better.
    people like this, are why we have these horrid dailies instead of much better world quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because people thought dailies were better than WQs, when in fact - they are wrong.

Another case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority it seems
    yep, sadly far too true...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because people thought dailies were better than WQs, when in fact - they are wrong.

Another case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority it seems
    18,976 posts you are the vocal minority...you must really think you don't post often or have an opinion you constantly slam out into the open.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I've never liked WQs, convenient as they may be. Flying around Tiragarde, with its stunning landscape and lovely music, only to have a talking head appear out of nowhere and spew the same lines I've already heard 463257940 times smashes my immersion into tiny little pieces.

And while assaults are boring (because that's JUST what we needed, yet ANOTHER grind /yawn), it really doesn't take long to find a couple of chests or to get 3-4 other folks of your faction to kill those pesky rares. /1 chat does wonders in this regard
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I find the fact I have to fly all the way from Jade Forest to the south end of the Vale to even get dailies quite irritating. IDK how many chests I've decided to skip in fear of chest daily being active (remember Mechagon and too many chests collected in raid group, so no more spawn anymore?) and ofc dailies not working retroactively.

But I think what's worse is that we have a whole World Quests week and the end content not benefiting from it at all. I dont know why they didnt change it to World Quests and Dailies in 8.2, but in 8.3 its even worse since there are no world quests, only dailies.

Say what you want about WQs, but they spare you the stupid chore of getting to questgiver, going to some location, and then getting back to questgiver (with no benefit from WQ week).

Who ever gave the go ahead for the dailies to kill 3 rares, or loot 3 caches... there's a special place in hell for them.

And those events... they should be more solo friendly ffs. Having a pack of high hp mobs around the objectives, or one with very high hp, just sucks!!

I just want WQs that are on a 24 hour duration, like a daily, and none of this 6/12/18/24 hour duration nonsense that pop up throughout the day...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-20 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I really don't get this, the ONLY difference between world quests and daily quests is that you don't have to lose time walking to get them and deliver them. Hell with world quests you can even choose those that you want to do based on rewards.
    A bunch of WQ in those small areas would have them all pop up, somewhat removing the choice you bring up. You could ignore them, but they still pop up, show up, etc..

A daily you can truly decide whether you want to pick it up or not.

They are also rep gains, and they probably did not want the WQ bonus week "inflating" rep gains, especially when that week was so soon after release (if they were able to plan that accurately?).

I fail to really see the difference between dailies and world quests. I mean one you pick up and turn in and the other that's just automated? Just seems like the same mindless content were you have people that slay gods picking though rabbit poop or picking up ten rabbit feet for some... reason?

No matter how you spin it... boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk, I've never liked WQs, convenient as they may be. Flying around Tiragarde, with its stunning landscape and lovely music, only to have a talking head appear out of nowhere and spew the same lines I've already heard 463257940 times smashes my immersion into tiny little pieces.

And while assaults are boring (because that's JUST what we needed, yet ANOTHER grind /yawn), it really doesn't take long to find a couple of chests or to get 3-4 other folks of your faction to kill those pesky rares. /1 chat does wonders in this regard
    There is an addon called BeQuiet. It removes the voice lines and that talking head/text as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qobalt View Post
    There is an addon called BeQuiet. It removes the voice lines and that talking head/text as well.
    Wow, I didn't know about that addon, I will try it once I'm back at home. Thanks for the info m8
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I love how people have been complaining about WQs and wanting to go back to dailies ever since WQs replace them. Now we have them and people want dailies done after only 2 zones.
    So typical that people complain just to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I certainly would have preferred WQs. They are essentially dailies, just with better UI.
    Without the necessity to turn them in.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

WQ > Dailies

Why? Because I don't have to fly back and I see nice UI icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I love how people have been complaining about WQs and wanting to go back to dailies ever since WQs replace them. Now we have them and people want dailies done after only 2 zones.
    So typical that people complain just to complain.
    Or, wait a moment, get this: Different people have different tastes and the reasons why people dislike world quests were not the reasons tackled by the current daily design.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Without the necessity to turn them in.
    or pick them up.
    or acidently do part of them, but not pick up the quest.

I honestly dont understand how people take longer than 20 min per zone.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I find the fact I have to fly all the way from Jade Forest to the south end of the Vale to even get dailies quite irritating. IDK how many chests I've decided to skip in fear of chest daily being active (remember Mechagon and too many chests collected in raid group, so no more spawn anymore?) and ofc dailies not working retroactively.
    These are actually retroactive in Vale and Uldum (not sure if they already fixed all 6 variants but vale+mogu, vale+black empire, uldum+aqir definitely are)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    These are actually retroactive in Vale and Uldum (not sure if they already fixed all 6 variants but vale+mogu, vale+black empire, uldum+aqir definitely are)
    Wait, they do? I'll have to check this. At least one inconvinience would be out then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is hilarious like you guys act as if we SERIOUSLY can give you an answer on how Blizzard works internally and why they make these decisions (But my TL;DR is bolded at the bottom anyhow).

Honestly..you will just agree with the guy who gives you the answer that you agree with. What is it for you? "Because they cannot design a game"?
    This is spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I honestly dont understand how people take longer than 20 min per zone.
    Because they constantly alt tab to come here and cry about the game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I really don't get this, the ONLY difference between world quests and daily quests is that you don't have to lose time walking to get them and deliver them. Hell with world quests you can even choose those that you want to do based on rewards.
    As if you somehow lost the ability to choose whether or not to spend 15 minutes doing the dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or pick them up.
    or acidently do part of them, but not pick up the quest.
    Exactly.

The only issue of World Quests is timegating, which is also an issue of Daily Quests.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.