Is the Masteryful corruption effect bugged?

very simple scenario:
    guardian druid with two leg pieces.
    both of them are haste/vers. one has no corruption. the other has "increase mastery from all sources by 9%"

when i have the legs with no corruption on them i'm at 1593 mastery. when i equip the 'increase mastery from all sources' legs my mastery is 1575.

i submitted this as a bug but i'm just wondering if this is a known issue with Masterful, or some kind of messed up guardian interaction, or if anyone else has seen this, or if i've just gone completely insane.

*edit*
    woo typo in the title, and i look like an idiot.
    Masterful, not Masteryful. sigh.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2020-02-20 at 01:38 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    very simple scenario:
    guardian druid with two leg pieces.
    both of them are haste/vers. one has no corruption. the other has "increase mastery from all sources by 9%"

when i have the legs with no corruption on them i'm at 1593 mastery. when i equip the 'increase mastery from all sources' legs my mastery is 1575.

i submitted this as a bug but i'm just wondering if this is a known issue with Masterful, or some kind of messed up guardian interaction, or if anyone else has seen this, or if i've just gone completely insane.

*edit*
    woo typo in the title, and i look like an idiot.
    Masterful, not Masteryful. sigh.
    I thought I was having a similar problem, but then I realised that the non-corrupted piece that I was replacing with the Masterful corruption actually had a huge chunk of Mastery on it, and that the 2% increase wasn't enough to counter that. It is possible that you are having a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    I thought I was having a similar problem, but then I realised that the non-corrupted piece that I was replacing with the Masterful corruption actually had a huge chunk of Mastery on it, and that the 2% increase wasn't enough to counter that. It is possible that you are having a similar issue.
    nope, both items have the same stats (haste/vers)

Did you check if the other stats that your mastery increases (HP, Att P.) also suffer from that problem? And check if your healing recieved is the same. It most likely is a bug it can either be the multiplier bug or just a tooltip bug.

Do the usual checks, maybe there was a buff active somewhere that expired, maybe you overlooked a gem slot, maybe you swapped something else and forgot, etc.

Bugs are entirely possible, but in 99% of cases it's user error instead so you need to check for that REAL carefully. Even if you think you already have. ESPECIALLY if you think you already have. That's not meant to be a rag against you, everyone has those moments. I know I have.

Do you already have a armorpiece with the tier 3 masterful corruption effect "+12% mastery"? If so, I don't think that those effects stack, so if you have a tier 3 one and a tier 2 one (and both have the same corruption effect), then you only benefit from the tier 3 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Did you check if the other stats that your mastery increases (HP, Att P.) also suffer from that problem? And check if your healing recieved is the same. It most likely is a bug it can either be the multiplier bug or just a tooltip bug.
    yep, atk and HP and such did NOT go up.

i had no buffs, no gem slots, no other items were being swapped out except for legs which were in fact the exact same legs of the same ilevel just one with the effect and one without.

also had no other corruption mastery buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Do you already have a armorpiece with the tier 3 masterful corruption effect "+12% mastery"? If so, I don't think that those effects stack, so if you have a tier 3 one and a tier 2 one (and both have the same corruption effect), then you only benefit from the tier 3 one.
    Where did you hear that different tiers of +6, 9, or 12% stat corruptions dont stack? Even though i only have a 12% haste myself, i know of players who run different tiers of stat corruptions just fine.
    Last edited by Kal10; 2020-02-20 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal10 View Post
    Where did you hear that different tiers of +6, 9, or 12% stat corruptions dont stack? Even though i only have a 12% haste myself, i know of people who run different tiers of stat corruptions just fine.
    I assumed that, based on how similar boni work. Trinkets are mostly unique (which kinda have the same effect as corruption), just to give an example. But I don't have an official source for my assumption.

Edit:
    Apparently I'm mistaken and corruption stacks. Interesting.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-02-20 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I assumed that, based on how similar boni work. Trinkets are mostly unique (which kinda have the same effect as corruption), just to give an example. But I don't have an official source for my assumption.

Edit:
    Apparently I'm mistaken and corruption stacks. Interesting.
    Yeah, i dont wear different tiers myself to right out say, "it works," but there are players in top world guilds that play the same class as i do that I check their armory/logs. A number of them do wear different tiers of the 6, 9, and 12 stat corruptions as fillers to maximize their corruption it looks like.
    Last edited by Kal10; 2020-02-20 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    yep, atk and HP and such did NOT go up.

i had no buffs, no gem slots, no other items were being swapped out except for legs which were in fact the exact same legs of the same ilevel just one with the effect and one without.

also had no other corruption mastery buffs.
    I guess the only thing you need to check is doing the same in and out of bear form and in other forms as well. Most likely you'll need to submit a bug report and wait for them to push a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I guess the only thing you need to check is doing the same in and out of bear form and in other forms as well. Most likely you'll need to submit a bug report and wait for them to push a fix for it.
    did both of those things already, before i posted this - my intention was just looking to see if anyone else had seen this.