Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,848
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Ding! Ding! Didn't take long eh?
    Do you have any other justification for claiming there's some kind of secret progressive agenda going on here, then?


  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    sort of? is not uncommon for people publicly say something when in reality they believe something else, or the reason is another one, we have no way to "proof"
    You also have no way to prove he isn't simply saying what he believes. Interesting that you choose "He's a liar"

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do you have any other justification for claiming there's some kind of secret progressive agenda going on here, then?
    Stop trying to gaslight me Endus, its disgusting behaviour. I'm surprised the mods let you get away with this crap so often.

    To address the question, do you really think there wasn't someone who fitted the role better in respect to the visual side of a much recognised, loved character? I'm sure there are hundreds of other actors out there who would nail the character both visually AND personality-wise but they opted for a race swap.

    Out of any comic book character Death is quinessentially recognised for her look. In my opinion I'm pretty sure they could have tried harder to bring that character to life on screen and retain its comicbook originals look.

    But hey, feel free to accuse me of being a hateful racist if it makes you feel any better.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    .

    All that aside, its not really the point. They have/had a VERY iconic character visually which they've changed for supposed progressive reasons. I think its a questionable and rather stupid decision.
    You know, she can still have that same iconic look while being black. Black people can be goth too. Death isn't that pale because she's supposed to be goth. All the Endless choose to be that pale.

    What you are upset about is that Death is not caucasian...but she never was. I don't mean that in the "she's not even a human" sense. I mean that in the sense that no human ever born has that natural skin tone. Even albino skin is "too dark" to match that particular complexion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Stop trying to gaslight me Endus, its disgusting behaviour. I'm surprised the mods let you get away with this crap so often.

    To address the question, do you really think there wasn't someone who fitted the role better in respect to the visual side of a much recognised, loved character? I'm sure there are hundreds of other actors out there who would nail the character both visually AND personality-wise but they opted for a race swap.

    Out of any comic book character Death is quinessentially recognised for her look. In my opinion I'm pretty sure they could have tried harder to bring that character to life on screen and retain its comicbook originals look.

    But hey, feel free to accuse me of being a hateful racist if it makes you feel any better.
    Out of curiosity...did you rage this much when this guy:



    was cast as this guy:


  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Out of any comic book character Death is quinessentially recognised for her look.
    Incorrect. Death is quintessentially recognized for her personality. Death only looks the way she does because that’s how Gaiman and Dringenburg interpreted her.

    I’m sorry if your private Goth Fetish and/or Racist Beliefs were violated.

  6. #146
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,848
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    To address the question, do you really think there wasn't someone who fitted the role better in respect to the visual side of a much recognised, loved character? I'm sure there are hundreds of other actors out there who would nail the character both visually AND personality-wise but they opted for a race swap.
    I have absolutely no reason to dispute Gaiman's statement that she was the best pick based on her audition.

    You're placing too much importance on her skin color.

    Out of any comic book character Death is quinessentially recognised for her look. In my opinion I'm pretty sure they could have tried harder to bring that character to life on screen and retain its comicbook originals look.
    And yet, you don't really have any grounds for that. Dream's "look" is arguably just as recognizable, and hers really isn't that different from Morpheus'.

    That's sort of the point I'm making. That, and you chose to make up stories about some supposed progressive agenda behind this, rather than accepting the clear statement that this actress best captured the character's personality in her audition. Why the emphasis on appearance over character?


  7. #147
    Fuck me, I rest my case.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Fuck me, I rest my case.
    Imagine arguing with Americans over this. I applaud you for lasting this long.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Fuck me, I rest my case.
    You aren't resting your case. You are running away from questions that you don't have an answer for.

  10. #150
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,848
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Fuck me, I rest my case.
    On what?

    Because you haven't made a case. You made up a story about a progressive agenda, and ignored the word of the creator that the actress was picked for capturing the personality best of all candidates.

    Asking you to explain and defend yourself isn't "gaslighting", dude.


  11. #151
    hang on whats the progressive agenda lol

    no one cares about the books you nerds this is a tv show.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hang on whats the progressive agenda lol

    no one cares about the books you nerds this is a tv show.
    I care about the books! And they better do a good fucking job on the TV show!

    Or I might pause my Netflix account slightly longer than last time I paused it!

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hang on whats the progressive agenda lol

    no one cares about the books you nerds this is a tv show.
    Funny thing is that most of the people that are complaining about the casting for the tv show clearly have not read the books.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I care about the books! And they better do a good fucking job on the TV show!

    Or I might pause my Netflix account slightly longer than last time I paused it!
    i think i listened to about 20 minutes of the audio book and fell asleep and gave up. They were summoning some dude or whatever. I bet this gets canned faster than american gods.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i think i listened to about 20 minutes of the audio book and fell asleep and gave up. They were summoning some dude or whatever. I bet this gets canned faster than american gods.
    American Gods lasted for 3 seasons... that's more than most shows get.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

    Out of curiosity...did you rage this much when this guy:



    was cast as this guy:

    Alot of people complained about Lucifer not being blonde......

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Alot of people complained about Lucifer not being blonde......
    Yep. And they’re all idiots. Tom Ellis is delightful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i think i listened to about 20 minutes of the audio book and fell asleep and gave up. They were summoning some dude or whatever. I bet this gets canned faster than american gods.
    I put more effort into busing across town to fill in back issues back in the nineties.

    That’s the problem with kids today. No attention span.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Stop trying to gaslight me Endus, its disgusting behaviour. I'm surprised the mods let you get away with this crap so often.

    To address the question, do you really think there wasn't someone who fitted the role better in respect to the visual side of a much recognised, loved character? I'm sure there are hundreds of other actors out there who would nail the character both visually AND personality-wise but they opted for a race swap.

    Out of any comic book character Death is quinessentially recognised for her look. In my opinion I'm pretty sure they could have tried harder to bring that character to life on screen and retain its comicbook originals look.

    But hey, feel free to accuse me of being a hateful racist if it makes you feel any better.
    You could try not making a big deal out of a fairly minor point where the only logical conclusions are you have a problem with race or an unhealthy obsession with fictional material that you should probably seek counseling for. I'd also recommend not trying to assert secret agendas because you disagree with a casting choice. Because that's the type of crazy most people associate with the homeless man who screams about aliens while pissing on a dumpster. That might cause people to think differently of your actions.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-06-07 at 09:07 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Yep. And they’re all idiots. Tom Ellis is delightful.
    I wouldn't call them idiots. They just wanted the real version of a character they love. I never really gave a shit about DC Lucifer so for me Tom Ellis was amazing and now any version of him is going to have to be compared to him for me.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I wouldn't call them idiots. They just wanted the real version of a character they love. I never really gave a shit about DC Lucifer so for me Tom Ellis was amazing and now any version of him is going to have to be compared to him for me.
    Detached from the Sandman story he wasn’t going to be that character anyways. It really only matters if they execute the adaptation correctly. The Lucifer shows works mostly even if it's Just Another Police Procedural. The Sandman show is too far out to worry about. Hell Kirby Howell Baptiste might be the only thing that’s great about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •