Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    She definetely isn't looking like a half anoretic teen. Too much baby fat.
    Ofc could do something about her hair, that's the easy part. It makes her look even fatter. Too puffy.

If I died cuz i got fat n met an obese Death standing in front of me, i'd demand to see the manager. I'd even threaten to sue.

fer sure
    Ok, a few of your earlier points were actually valid to an extent but calling Kirby Howell Baptiste obese.... I m starting to think that you are either:

1.) trolling

2.) trying to intentionally trigger pepegas like Endus who feel like its their solemn duty to white-knight every social issue in existence.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-06-02 at 03:19 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Ok, a few of your earlier points were actually valid to an extent but calling Kirby Howell Baptiste obese.... I m starting to think that you are either:

1.) trolling

2.) trying to intentionally trigger pepegas like Endus who feel like its their solemn duty to white-knight every social issue in existence.
    Nope, im serious, otherwise id hang out in the game of thrones thread n spar with cubby about season 8 (seriously don't visit that thread)

This is from 1st page
    He needs to loose lots of weight, dream needs to look very gaunt i thinks..
    I got a bad feeling for this show as soon as I saw the lead from the predator..to be the Corinthian...this is a sin of the worst degree..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Nj_wUb6Sw

Now...I only hope to see a good performance from charles dance n gwendolyn christie, I no longer care about the others..I have no hope for this show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She's in no way obese or even fat. She's not overweight at all.

And what "baby fat" are you even talking about?

https://i.imgur.com/OAMckSyl.jpg
    Look at her cheeks, does she look like is someone that takes exercise or diet seriously? Look at her hips, chubby, like most people..
    Looks like an average mom.

Not a teen. Not thin. This character needs to at least look haunted in some way, death in the comic wasn't a random look. You need character to look as if she has recently died or something, instead this person looks like a content soccer mom.

Any universe must follow some logic n not just throw random stuff together.

I wouldn't like to be told by a chubby death after i die,

Death: "you ate too much, now ur ded, u can't be here"

Me: "dafuq, then neither should u, u fat too, how do these rules work? What kind of operation are u people running here, where are our taxes, I mean our Anima going? No patch could fix this clusterfuck?"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-06-02 at 03:14 PM.

I don't know why everyone cares about Death being super far off model. You need to stop caring, and just say to yourself "this is a pretty strong sign that the show will be trash and I'm not going to bother watching it".

Got infracted for calling Endus "pepega". I see losing mod status has changed nothing except the time it takes for the unfair infraction.

Discussing Moderation isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-06-02 at 03:38 PM.

Look at her cheeks, does she look like is someone that takes exercise or diet seriously? Look at her hips, chubby, like most people..
    Looks like an average mom.

Not a teen. Not thin. This character needs to at least look haunted in some way, death in the comic wasn't a random look. You need character to look as if she has recently died or something, instead this person looks like a content soccer mom.

Any universe must follow some logic n not just throw random stuff together.
    Wow. Another point for "Actor doesn't match the proportions of a comic book character"

Once again I find myself drawn to the Hugh Jackman as Wolverine comparison. Wolverine, in the comics, is 5'2 and stocky. Hugh Jackman is 6'3 and lean. Did the X-Men movies suck because Wolverine was "poorly cast"?

I wouldn't like to be told by a chubby death after i die,

Death: "you ate too much, now ur ded, u can't be here"

Me: "dafuq, then neither should u, u fat too, how do these rules work? What kind of operation are u people running here, where are our taxes, I mean our Anima going? No patch could fix this clusterfuck?"
    Would you like to be told that "you didn't eat good enough, now ur ded, u can't be here" by a girl that looks like she barfs up every single meal?

Also, Death would never say anything like that. Death is kind. She won't antagonize you over how you died. She will help you transition to your next life with grace and dignity.

- - - Updated - - -

Got infracted for calling Endus "pepega". I see losing mod status has changed nothing except the time it takes for the unfair infraction.
    Don't call anyone a "retard" (even if it's in internet slang) and you won't have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Wow. Another point for "Actor doesn't match the proportions of a comic book character"

Once again I find myself drawn to the Hugh Jackman as Wolverine comparison. Wolverine, in the comics, is 5'2 and stocky. Hugh Jackman is 6'3 and lean. Did the X-Men movies suck because Wolverine was "poorly cast"?

Would you like to be told that "you didn't eat good enough, now ur ded, u can't be here" by a girl that looks like she barfs up every single meal?

Also, Death would never say anything like that. Death is kind. She won't antagonize you over how you died. She will help you transition to your next life with grace and dignity.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't call anyone a "retard" (even if it's in internet slang) and you won't have that issue.
    Except as you saw it wasnt even the "pepega" that cause the issue of the infraction but its honestly w.e.

Except as you saw it wasnt even the "pepega" that cause the issue of the infraction but its honestly w.e.
    Discussing moderation was for the second infraction.

Flaming was the first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most people know the character as a pale white woman, but white "painted" not rly normal caucasian, at least i and many others did, obviously, seizing the part where it can assume any form, instead of making something people are familiarized, he prefer to cause this kind of commotion that give him media plus shield the show from critics, it is a strategy rly common those days.

but then again, i have little contact with Gaiman work, i am more worried about it being a netflix thing
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-06-04 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Most people know the character as a pale white woman, but white "painted" not rly normal caucasian, at least i and many others did, obviously, seizing the part where it can assume any form, instead of making something people are familiarized, he prefer to cause this kind of commotion that give him media plus shield the show from critics, it is a strategy rly common those days.
    Or maybe he preferred to cast the person he thought was best for the role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe he preferred to cast the person he thought was best for the role.
    sure, *wink wink*

But like i said, i could care less, my only "fear" is being made by netflix, they are too much a hit or miss

sure, *wink wink*

But like i said, i could care less, my only "fear" is being made by netflix, they are too much a hit or miss
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-06 at 05:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    snip
    yeah, like i said, wink wink, what they say here cannot be an excuse, that is totally out of table.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    I appreciate the quantification of likes vs dislikes. Particularly as it's also a known factor that people who are displeased with a thing are far more likely to speak up than people who are totally fine with it.

Yes, bigots are loud and spammy. That doesn't make them the majority.

yeah, like i said, wink wink, what they say here cannot be an excuse, that is totally out of table.
    So basically you're calling him a liar.

7+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're calling him a liar.
    sort of? is not uncommon for people publicly say something when in reality they believe something else, or the reason is another one, we have no way to "proof"

sort of? is not uncommon for people publicly say something when in reality they believe something else, or the reason is another one, we have no way to "proof"
    Ah the old "there's no way of knowing what the truth really is so I choose to substitute my own version of reality" school of argument.

- - - Updated - - -

we all know what picture in the head we get if we hear the word "goth teen girl" AND the whole goth/metal/punk followers are honored, that PAID FOR gaiman's career. I'm supposed to smile when being shown the middle finger?
    What sort of goths/punks are you hanging around with who are gonna get upset about a bit of diversity and non-conforming to expectations? Is it the kind the Dead Kennedys told to fuck off?

If the author of the the comic agrees with the casting then there's not much of a point to argue about anything. The creator of the universe has the last say regarding how a character can and will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    If the author of the the comic agrees with the casting then there's not much of a point to argue about anything. The creator of the universe has the last say regarding how a character can and will look.
    Seems an odd choice to me to be honest. Death as a pale goth girl is easily the most recognizable icon of the series, even more-so than the main character. Since the late 80's, before cosplay became the huge thing it is today, fans latched-on the look of the character so much they'd dress as her for conventions. The character is loved by fans of the series and one of the reasons, arguably the main reason the character works so well, is her look.

I wouldn't speculate as to why Gaiman is happy with the choice, there's no point.

Also, if we're taking Twitter as a metric as to whether its a sound choice or not, we're screwed.
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2021-06-07 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Seems an odd choice to be to be honest. Death as a pale goth girl is easily the most recognizable icon of the series, even more-so than the main character. Since the late 80's, before cosplay became the huge thing it is today, fans latched-on the look of the character so much they'd dress as her for conventions. The character is loved by fans of the series and one of the reasons, arguably the main reason the character works so well, is her look.

I wouldn't speculate as too why Gaiman is happy worth the choice, there's no point.

Also, if we're taking Twitter as a metric as to whether its a sound choice or not, we're screwed.
    I'd agree that the image of Death being a deathly pale white girl with black hair is the one almost everyone knows of. As people have mentioned previously the form that Death takes is not the same so it doesn't break anything in regards to the story.

Whether it is the correct choice of Neil Gaiman to go for the person in question is up in the air. Personally I'd go for someone that looks like the widely known Death but I'm not going to ge overly hung up about it being someone else.

Oh i love how people always get their titts twisted every time they see a black actor playing a role in an adaption of a comic of a character that is a immortal being who can choose the way they look...
    And then sitting there and saying "this has nothing to do with race" and wanting to be respcted when they themselve do not respect the freaking author of the source material. Gaiman made the series. If he decides to depict any character in ANY way he can. And in that case it doesn't even freaking matter becuase the skin color of frekaing DEATH has no bearing whatsover on the story in any way at all... anywhere... it litterally does not change anythign about the story in any way.

This is not a story about Martin Luther King or Neil Armstrong. You know. Real People. It is an adaption. Are you also angry, that the character in the show are not black and white?
    And now a few people start screaming online and make themselves think everyone agrees. I can only imagine the circle jerk happening on the HeelsVSbabyface video about this, where everyone is definetly NOT racist. They just don't want to see black characters. Or gay. Or women who are more than a piece of meat to be looked at. Or anything not white.

This discussion. Same same but different.