1. #1

    Whispering Elditch vs Dominion, lurker gun in Nyolotha

    So after however many weeks we are into mythic now, I still have not managed to pickup a mythic level Whispering Eldritch bow off Skitra. Hell not even a heroic version of it lol. I do have the 445 normal of it and Tuesday night i picked up the heroic Dominion, Lurker Beyond Dreams off Nzoth at 470 ilvl.

    I would think that 445 vs 470 the 470 would win considering it would also reduce defensive/utility cooldowns as well as DPS but no, my sims shows the 470 gun as a 4k dps downgrade.

    My question is this. Are the sims off on Whispering Eldritch or is the corruption on it THAT great to make it better than a weapon 25 ilvls higher?

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by xuros; 2020-02-20 at 07:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So after however many weeks we are into mythic now, I still have not managed to pickup a mythic level Whispering Eldritch bow off Skitra. Hell not even a heroic version of it lol. I do have the 445 normal of it and Tuesday night i picked up the heroic Dominion, Lurker Beyond Dreams off Nzoth. Would think that 445 vs 470 the 470 would win but no, my sims shows it at a 4k dps downgrade.

    My question is this. Are the sims off on Whispering Eldritch or is the corruption on it THAT great to make it better than a weapon 25 ilvls higher?

    Thanks in advance!
    Do you not have any other corrupted gear?

    Corrupted gear will always sim higher than non-corrupted gear. You should be taking off other pieces of corrupted gear to put the 445 bow on, and put those pieces back on with the 470 gun.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Do you not have any other corrupted gear?

    Corrupted gear will always sim higher than non-corrupted gear. You should be taking off other pieces of corrupted gear to put the 445 bow on, and put those pieces back on with the 470 gun.
    And why would I need to remove other corrupted gear in order to use the bow? Considering that with my cloak at max level I have corruption to spare with it equiped... I assume you are just living up to your sig with the seemingly snarky reply that does not seem to answer the question that was asked.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,654
    The main thing is that, yes, Corruption is just THAT good. Forget your 445 vs 470, a 425 corrupted weapon from a war crate can be equal to a non-corrupted 475 mythic weapon, providing that it rolls T3 of one of the direct damage corruptions.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The main thing is that, yes, Corruption is just THAT good. Forget your 445 vs 470, a 425 corrupted weapon from a war crate can be equal to a non-corrupted 475 mythic weapon, providing that it rolls T3 of one of the direct damage corruptions.
    I replaced a 470 non-corrupted weapon with a 425 I got from the Arathi Warfront because it rolled tier 3 Twilight Destruction.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  6. #6
    OK, thanks for the replies. Guess ill keep rolling with it until a RNG god decides to grant me a Heroic or Mythic corrupted weapon.

  7. #7
    Keep in mind, sims usually work by taking certain values into consideration. Check to see what it is reducing as the sim can very easily only be showing reduced Cd on AotW, where it can reduce any ability, including defensives.
    That stated, IV does mention if you have the bow to combine it with Vision or Perfection which can get AotW down to a 1 minute CD.

  8. #8
    Care to link your sim? Cause my mythic Skitra bow isn't 4k higher than my heroic Dominion, and I'd just like to see what other gear you have that it's that big a difference.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    EU - Blackmoore
    Posts
    619
    Allways depends on the other corruptions. It has become nearly impossible to just say "x is better" without seeing / simming the other corruptions someone has.

    I sim highest with eldrich bow + vision of perfection minor + racing pulse rank3 + severe rank3.
    For someone else the nzoth gun + twisted appendage / void ritual and no vision of perfection might sim higher. ( Just an example )

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Keep in mind, sims usually work by taking certain values into consideration. Check to see what it is reducing as the sim can very easily only be showing reduced Cd on AotW, where it can reduce any ability, including defensives.
    That stated, IV does mention if you have the bow to combine it with Vision or Perfection which can get AotW down to a 1 minute CD.
    One RNG pull is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. When you sim something, it simulates *thousands* of fights, and takes the average of each as the final result. That means RNG is made up for through both low and high procrates, or cds reduced.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    And why would I need to remove other corrupted gear in order to use the bow? Considering that with my cloak at max level I have corruption to spare with it equiped... I assume you are just living up to your sig with the seemingly snarky reply that does not seem to answer the question that was asked.
    Since nobody seems to have directly addressed this: I don't think it's snark, the point being made is that the bow is better when compared directly but if you were at your comfortable corruption threshold then you could swap the bow for the gun to lower your total corruption and equip another piece of corrupted gear that may be an overall DPS increase when looked at as a whole.

    I hope that makes sense. Basically if you compare sims only switching the weapon then the bow comes out better, but managing corruption as a whole you may be better using other corruption effects.


    EDIT: Also regarding the above posts, I think the bow sims higher than real world because it will reduce the cooldown of defensives, CC etc which aren't used in basic sims.
    Last edited by Runeitude; 2020-02-27 at 12:40 PM.

  12. #12
    If I remember correctly the Skitra bow is simmed at around 75% cd reductions being offensive ones and not utility ones. Which is fair, since my weakaura that tracks it has me vary between 65 and 85% damage reductions on a fight by fight basis. So yeah, I think the simulation of the bow is just THAT good!

  13. #13
    It's also surprising since Dominion has a better distribution of Crit (vs Mastery) than Whispering Eldritch does.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <The Godz of War> Sargeras - US

    Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •