Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Currently I believe most of the dev team have totally lost themselves in raiding classic. They seem pretty hooked. Makes me suspicious they will devote a ton of dev time to something new for the classic line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Currently I believe most of the dev team have totally lost themselves in raiding classic. They seem pretty hooked.
    How do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    How do you know this?
    he pulled it out of his ass
    anhow, that half hour a week they need to raid will do no change to their work

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    If it works why should they abandon this trend?

why bother with essences being account wide at this point? same with M+ caches so soon after a new season just started.. simply put the ROI is not there from a business or user standpoint
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    So unsubscribe and stop filling the forum with pointless whining? It isn't rocket science.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Currently I believe most of the dev team have totally lost themselves in raiding classic. They seem pretty hooked. Makes me suspicious they will devote a ton of dev time to something new for the classic line.
    Before or after the civil war?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    because they can

because we enable them to

that's why
    People use so much walls of text, trying to explain things.
    You said it all with just a few words.
    Nicely done.

Having known developers, network engineers, QA staff, and a couple online support staff over the years at Blizzard, I can say for an absolute certainty that Blizzard NEVER EVER abandons the game.

Every raid lasts more or less about 6-8 months. The "downtime" in between has nothing to do that this is the last patch. We had the EXACT SAME downtime in 8.2 etc.

Nerfs and buffs to certain corruption. Nerfs to boss fights. Fixing certain issues with dailies and mobs.
    Yes, they truly abandon the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So unsubscribe and stop filling the forum with pointless whining? It isn't rocket science.
    But then what else would they do with their time?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What if I told you that you don't have to be subbed for all the months before the next expansion.

Done with the content of latest patch and don't have any other goals you want to achieve before the next expansion? Unsub and come back in the pre-patch!
    Unless you got conned into the 6 months thing. Then, well, maybe next time think twice lol.
    The absolutely crazy thing is that even this most down to earth common sense answer does not answer it for people like OP.

Oh wait..it is not crazy at all, because they only care about people causing a stink on the forum and being at each others throat.

Because an expansion worth of content...takes....work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Every raid lasts more or less about 6-8 months. The "downtime" in between has nothing to do that this is the last patch. We had the EXACT SAME downtime in 8.2 etc.
    Was gonna post this earlier, but I feel (too lazy to look it up) there always is this extra 1-2 months time where we just go into "end of x-pac" mode and don't really care to do other things than clean up our bags, level some alts and just power down for the next x-pac.

At the end of they day it is pointless to even try to talk to guys like OP. He is the Jaylock type who so far manages to throw out bait and is yet pretty good at not getting infracted, because he never defends his points or rarely answers to responses. He used to have this guy riding shotgun and flaming ppl...like when you give an answer you are automatically a corporate chill and he'd claim he'd put you on ignore - though that guy is banned now.

Case in point: This topic might, just might have a justification to exist in May...not one month after 8.3 was dropped. Tons of ppl have not finished the content there is or the content they chose to do.

Seriously man. Walk away. Get help. Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    In regards to account wide essences: This is a design choice, nothing that needs to be fixed. You might not agree with it (many people don't), but it is supposed to work this way and it honestly is not THAT bad if you think about it. You can work on each essence you want, you have a clear path to get them and there is no randomness involved. Yeah, I agree it could be speed up somehow (the timegates ones are the biggest offenders to be honest, the others are actually fine IMO)

The corruption system however is utterly broken in every possible way and I have no idea how they think its fine to just roll with it and don't bother anymore.
    The biggest problem, in my random internet opinion, isn't the fact it takes time, which to some extent is neccesary and healthy in a powerup based game like wow (same way we don't want mythic questing gear dropping from leveling quests).

The biggest issue is that essences hide multiple very important powerups behind completely irrelevant activities. Most players don't raid, arena, bg, do islands, rep farm 8.3 and do horrific visions. Presumably, most ussualy focus on a small subset of that. Forcing them to do all of that for essences *gurantees* you will have burnout and boredom. With gear, and even legion legendaries, you could pick whichever activity you want and just push it to the highest levels to gain power.

You raid? Try to kill the hardest bosses. Arena? Get the highest rating you can. Same for rated bgs. Now with visions, same for getting the highest mask count full clear. All of those gear avenues allow you to stay at the type of content you enjoy, beside essences. When activities like that pop up they are ussualy both account wide and very short (mechagon/bazjatar intro, siege of boralus old unlock etcetc), because it's obvious people will not want to that more then once and grow rather spiteful if they needed an extremely complez questing process just to get into arena.

Blizz seems to not understand that, and I'm very worried they will repeat this crap for Tor'ghast legendaries. I personally love solo challenges, but many players might not, and it will be a mistake to force them that might marr an otherwise interesting feature, just like essences could have been enjoyable without the grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    But then what else would they do with their time?
    Hopefully what other bored grade school kids with no mobile phones or handheld devices do; kick each other in the nuts.

Well, we made this.
    Actually we dont have to give them xpac subs money , if they want montly 13€ /13 $ they have to continue keep developing...

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Great for you! However there are people that like to play alts and appreciate account wide stuff. And there is a reason why they don't play Classic. Don't get me wrong, I don't want everything to be account wide and I think that alts should be lower than mains, but the current situation is just alt-unfriendly imho. Blizz already did better on that subject in the past.
    Many guilds already require their raiders to maintain one alt. As it'll get easier, they'll require more alts. This is bad for healthy raiding. That's why I'm against it.