Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    If it works why should they abandon this trend?

why bother with essences being account wide at this point? same with M+ caches so soon after a new season just started.. simply put the ROI is not there from a business or user standpoint
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    So unsubscribe and stop filling the forum with pointless whining? It isn't rocket science.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Currently I believe most of the dev team have totally lost themselves in raiding classic. They seem pretty hooked. Makes me suspicious they will devote a ton of dev time to something new for the classic line.
    Before or after the civil war?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    because they can

because we enable them to

that's why
    People use so much walls of text, trying to explain things.
    You said it all with just a few words.
    Nicely done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having known developers, network engineers, QA staff, and a couple online support staff over the years at Blizzard, I can say for an absolute certainty that Blizzard NEVER EVER abandons the game.

Every raid lasts more or less about 6-8 months. The "downtime" in between has nothing to do that this is the last patch. We had the EXACT SAME downtime in 8.2 etc.

Nerfs and buffs to certain corruption. Nerfs to boss fights. Fixing certain issues with dailies and mobs.
    Yes, they truly abandon the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So unsubscribe and stop filling the forum with pointless whining? It isn't rocket science.
    But then what else would they do with their time?

Because an expansion worth of content...takes....work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    In regards to account wide essences: This is a design choice, nothing that needs to be fixed. You might not agree with it (many people don't), but it is supposed to work this way and it honestly is not THAT bad if you think about it. You can work on each essence you want, you have a clear path to get them and there is no randomness involved. Yeah, I agree it could be speed up somehow (the timegates ones are the biggest offenders to be honest, the others are actually fine IMO)

The corruption system however is utterly broken in every possible way and I have no idea how they think its fine to just roll with it and don't bother anymore.
    The biggest problem, in my random internet opinion, isn't the fact it takes time, which to some extent is neccesary and healthy in a powerup based game like wow (same way we don't want mythic questing gear dropping from leveling quests).

The biggest issue is that essences hide multiple very important powerups behind completely irrelevant activities. Most players don't raid, arena, bg, do islands, rep farm 8.3 and do horrific visions. Presumably, most ussualy focus on a small subset of that. Forcing them to do all of that for essences *gurantees* you will have burnout and boredom. With gear, and even legion legendaries, you could pick whichever activity you want and just push it to the highest levels to gain power.

You raid? Try to kill the hardest bosses. Arena? Get the highest rating you can. Same for rated bgs. Now with visions, same for getting the highest mask count full clear. All of those gear avenues allow you to stay at the type of content you enjoy, beside essences. When activities like that pop up they are ussualy both account wide and very short (mechagon/bazjatar intro, siege of boralus old unlock etcetc), because it's obvious people will not want to that more then once and grow rather spiteful if they needed an extremely complez questing process just to get into arena.

Blizz seems to not understand that, and I'm very worried they will repeat this crap for Tor'ghast legendaries. I personally love solo challenges, but many players might not, and it will be a mistake to force them that might marr an otherwise interesting feature, just like essences could have been enjoyable without the grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    But then what else would they do with their time?
    Hopefully what other bored grade school kids with no mobile phones or handheld devices do; kick each other in the nuts.

Well, we made this.
    Actually we dont have to give them xpac subs money , if they want montly 13€ /13 $ they have to continue keep developing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Great for you! However there are people that like to play alts and appreciate account wide stuff. And there is a reason why they don't play Classic. Don't get me wrong, I don't want everything to be account wide and I think that alts should be lower than mains, but the current situation is just alt-unfriendly imho. Blizz already did better on that subject in the past.
    Many guilds already require their raiders to maintain one alt. As it'll get easier, they'll require more alts. This is bad for healthy raiding. That's why I'm against it.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Many guilds already require their raiders to maintain one alt. As it'll get easier, they'll require more alts. This is bad for healthy raiding. That's why I'm against it.
    Sounds more like you're against the guilds that require maintaining alts than you are against the game for allowing alts to catch up easier.

This doesn't sound like "healthy raiding" to me, more like dictator like guilds with unreasonable or downright stupid expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Guilds will require it (and every other form of stupid grind) as long as top guilds are doing it because it gives advantage.

What's "bad for healthy raiding" is when fights are designed around class stacking because it makes the guilds who class stack progress much faster than the guilds who don't, therefore encouraging second ones to join the club of class stackers.

If there differences were "minuscule" then everyone could play what they want at least below top 50-100 and be fine.

It's the same to AP grinding or w/e. Guilds require it not because it's easy / hard, but depending how much advantage it gives. For example in Legion you could be sure more guilds demanded to get 35 for Helya and 54 for Star Augur, or how many traits were giving 10% dps, nowadays I don't see that many guilds requiring 80 because it's "only" 3% stamina but a lot of guilds requiring 75 because extra essence matters.

Outside of top tier of raiding it's also harder to find people who are equally skilled on every class so demanding them to swap classes can bring more detriment than help. The problem starts when you can do better as mediocre fire mage / destro lock than good shadow priest. Then even mid tier guilds will ask you to switch. If you cannot because alts are too laborious... here have the bench.

Anyway on topic of the thread, they abandon the expac to develop the next one because 1 box sale is worth 3 months of sub at least and there's often 2-3 times more people buying the box and sub at start of expac than people left on x.3 patch. so they can easily lose 10 months of sub of a player, and make it back by the upsurge of activity at the start of new xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    How do you know this?
    well ive raided with some of them in the past and know their toons and can see what games they are playing online.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm all for criticizing Activsion, but in this case it seems fairly obvious that it is because they are working on the new expansion

be thankful, most games go 1-2 years.

I know, right! How dare they not allow users to unsubscribe, basically forcing everyone to pay for month after month of no new content. The bastards!