Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Blizzard is a small indie company that simply doesn't have the resources to support developing a new expansion and the live game.
    It's sad that this is the honest opinion of most people who frequent these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.
    You pay to access the game servers as is. As is. Blizzard is under no obligation to EVER add new content, fix bugs, or do anything.

As for your final paragraph, not doing what YOU want them to do does NOT mean they don't care about their players. Stop being so self centered.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion? So the deal is, you keep paying us money and we'll just do nothing for the product that you're CURRENTLY paying for. If you'r charging for the expansion cost and a subscription, then you should deliver appropriate content and fixes for it for the full duration of the expansion.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    Since 05.01.2020 you post nothing but whine threats. Just QUIT the game... heavens....

It cost money and is it worth to do so? Maybe they already know people need a break of WoW to hype more for the next expansion? They for sure have reasons beside the big point that it would cost more money.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Please no. They must make characters completely separate any remove all "account-wide" features, rather than introducing new ones. Alts should not be a thing, people should play one character. Corruption options would make it boring, you just choose best one and everyone's the same. Now it's much more exciting. I got stars 3 weapon and it was awesome!

They are doing fine. Don't complain, please.
    Go and play Classic, please. There you can have all this, except the corruption which is a system that will be abandoned in SL anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    Go and play Classic, please. There you can have all this, except the corruption which is a system that will be abandoned in SL anyway...
    I already finished Classic, thanks for suggestion though, it was awesome game.

But how do they get away with basically abandoning SUBSCRIPTION-based game for many months before releasing an expansion?
    What if I told you that you don't have to be subbed for all the months before the next expansion.

Done with the content of latest patch and don't have any other goals you want to achieve before the next expansion? Unsub and come back in the pre-patch!
    Unless you got conned into the 6 months thing. Then, well, maybe next time think twice lol.

Surly at this point the mods have to understand this person is trolling. Day after day countless threads about the same disdain he/she feels for the game.

Also, said person hardly ever replies to their own threads. They aren't looking to debate anything, just to rile people up and get others arguing.

5+ Year Old Account
    While the OP does come around as a little too whiny, and it's easy to go with "just unsub lolz", there is valid point. Imo, the available content isn't exactly stellar (except the raid, with its old AQ vibe), and there is not really a lot of it if you take the mindless, repetitive chores (emissaries/islands/assaults) out of the picture. It's amazing how nothing has changed in this regard since !@#$ing WotLK, despite them now gloating about tEh BiGgeSt TeaM eVaH.

In this "seasonal" mode adopted by the Devs since WotLK, which gained full steam since Legion, there is a LOT of content in the current xpac which is simply dead. Who bothers with Uldir or BoD anymore, for example? These old (from current xpac, that is) raids are as good as dead atm. There should be some reason to revisit them - Legion managed to find it, obnoxious as it may have been. That doesn't mean that a seasoned dev couldn't come with better reasons or ways to revitalise old content, without turning it into yet another boring grind.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-02-20 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what you're paying for. It's the same way it's been since the game launched. It comes to no surprise to anyone how there are big gaps between patches and expansions. You know what's coming next and can choose to keep paying or not. Just because you're paying doesn't give you some sort of privilege.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to believe that your subscription entitles you to a continuous stream of content you approve... it doesn't. It doesn't entitle you to ANY content.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-02-20 at 12:54 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so people have enough time to fully finish the expansion. I know there are lots of things that I want to achieve before the expansion is done and not all of them can be done in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I already finished Classic, thanks for suggestion though, it was awesome game.
    Great for you! However there are people that like to play alts and appreciate account wide stuff. And there is a reason why they don't play Classic. Don't get me wrong, I don't want everything to be account wide and I think that alts should be lower than mains, but the current situation is just alt-unfriendly imho. Blizz already did better on that subject in the past.

But OT: I generally like the "content draught" at the end of an expansion, you can shift down a gear or two, finish some achievments play around with alts or play other games after the raid is clear and all chores are done.

If you don't like it, just unsub, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While the OP does come around as a little too whiny, and it's easy to go with "just unsub lolz", there is valid point. Imo, the available content isn't exactly stellar (except the raid, with its old AQ vibe), and there is not really a lot of it if you take the mindless, repetitive chores (emissaries/islands/assaults) out of the picture. It's amazing how nothing has changed in this regard since !@#$ing WotLK, despite them now gloating about tEh BiGgeSt TeaM eVaH.

In this "seasonal" mode adopted by the Devs since WotLK, which gained full steam since Legion, there is a LOT of content in the current xpac which is simply dead. Who bothers with Uldir or BoD anymore, for example? These old (from current xpac, that is) raids are as good as dead atm. There should be some reason to revisit them - Legion managed to find it, obnoxious as it may have been. That doesn't mean that a seasoned dev couldn't come with better reasons or ways to revitalise old content, without turning it into yet another boring grind.
    Would you like to see something like Raid M+ for old raids in the same expansion so they keep relevant? It worked well with dungeons but I think it would undermine a little the lore behind new raids as they come out

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelpunk18 View Post
    Would you like to see something like Raid M+ for old raids in the same expansion so they keep relevant? It worked well with dungeons but I think it would undermine a little the lore behind new raids as they come out
    Idk if something like Raid+ could work, and if yes, how. I was thinking about something the lines of the TW dungeons weekly, which gives you a piece of Normal/HC raid loot according to your ilvl. You would just have to clear an old raid (in at least Normal difficulty) and voilà.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look its OP again with yet another whine thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Their answer would probably be: total focus on the next expansion projects to ensure quality.
    Resident hater answer would be: they do it on purpose to milk the subscribers out.

Realistic answer is probably somewhere in between. But one thing is sure, a company of the scope of Blizzard should be able to dish out more content and be more engaging with the community than they actually are. But even not doing their possible best, here we all are. So why change?

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    There are many things wrong with BfA, so they can't possibly fix them all. I understand that. And they should dedicate a lot of their resources to Shadowlands.

There are many things they could do that wouldn't even take that much effort. Make essences account-wide, make corruption offer more options from your weekly mythic+ chest so you can choose the best option. Blizzard themselves said they're doing this in Shadowlands. But they decided that no, we're going to leave it as it is in BfA, cause the quality of life for people playing now doesn't matter (but please don't unsubscribe though).
    Its always nice to be able to take a break from the game before an expansion and get some shit done :') ...

Currently I believe most of the dev team have totally lost themselves in raiding classic. They seem pretty hooked. Makes me suspicious they will devote a ton of dev time to something new for the classic line.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    How do you know this?
    he pulled it out of his ass
    anhow, that half hour a week they need to raid will do no change to their work