Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    supply and demand, why take a 450 when 20 465 ppl que up (same goes for m+ and pug raids, when 2k+ score ppl que up for +15 keys you wont be invited with your 1k score)
    BFA Season 3


  2. #22
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,304
    When you have the choice of hundrends of dps players, you pick the good ones. Easy as that.

    And even tho ilvl doesnt represent skill its still save to assume that a baddie in good gear is still more useful than a baddie in bad gear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  3. #23
    It's literally supply and demand, if i can quickly get 20 460+ dps why take a 453 when i'll probably be waiting on a few healers to fill up the group anyway.

  4. #24
    Play both factions and I was only declined once on an alt that was like maybe 410 but immediately got into another group and quickly cleared it.

  5. #25
    Pit Lord msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,365
    The answer to every question in retail is always: form your own group, literally doesn't matter what it is.

    Also all things are excused away with that, literally doesn't matter what.

    P.S. Now you see why the game is a treadmill. The posters in here are explaining to you that you need to endlessly raise your ilvl in order to get into groups = endless treadmill. Lmao. This is what people wanted.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-02-21 at 05:46 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    That sounds like a very bad group. Thanks for the info that it's possible to fail it though
    Yep I didn't think it was possible / likely to fail so I just posted to say that it is. And yes, I think it was a very bad group, and it was previous time Darkshore was up so since then average player moved up in ilvl. I just didn't screen people when I applied and group wasn't mine, so can't say average ilvl of the "fail group", as when we got defeated everyone left and I joined another group. But even with 440 req. it was very easy, so I don't think it's reasonable to require 460+, especially since this content is much easier strategy wise than average m+ or hc raid pug.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    That sounds like a very bad group. Thanks for the info that it's possible to fail it though, the groups where I was accepted (which had to be "lower req" than others) never had any problems doing darkshore. But as you say, with 440+ it's easy. Some people here have an even higher ilvl than me and are being rejected.

    Guess I'll just open my own groups with 440+. I hate this mentality of "you have to have the lootable ilvl to come with us into the content bc I want to be 100% sure we're not failing" in content nowadays.
    People don't want to waste their time on easy content. We often get little to no information about others so they are using what they do know. It could also be they don't want anymore does, tanks or healers whatever your role is. Some people avoid certain servers be it a specific one or a server type, pvp or RP. If you are Alliance it is a dozen time harder and slower getting groups. Also look at it from their perspective if you have a ton of 460+ people signing up and whispering them they are going to take them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  8. #28
    Because it is their group and not yours. Pretty simple really.

    They don't want to waste their time with low ilvl people if they can fill out quickly enough with higher ilvl.

    Start your own group and invite whomever you want. Don't need a key and don't really need to do any leading in warfronts. Easy.

    As for the difficulty of H Darkshore it is not hard. I got invited on my 420 hunter. Was top dps and blasted through it without any full on failure. It was a group of mostly much higher ilvl alts who knew what they were doing. With main 420s it would suck complete ass I'm sure.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2020-02-22 at 12:07 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Hey, first thread here, there's a thing that bothers me.

    I'm used to not getting into pug groups for raids or high mythic keys because of my essentially non-existent-mythic+-score and 453 ilvl and I'm totally okay with that. I'm playing casually and mostly solo or with my friends, so...I care more about stuff like the Mechagon meta achievement or Horrific Visions.
    Getting into Stromgarde HC was never a problem.
    Why is getting into Darkshore HC a problem for me right now?

    The first time I had to join 9 groups until someone accepted me. Then there are groups that want 460+ ilvl, groups that just cherry pick the highest ilvls, and so on.

    And it's not even like this is hard content. Darkshore HC is the same easy steamroll content as stromgarde hc was when it launched. There is no challenge. Not in the slightest.

    Obviously I don't want to rant, I have some questions actually: Is Darkshore HC actually hard when you have stupid people in your group? Is failing something that happens?
    So for dark sure people want not only high item level but they prefer healers and tanks because unlike the first war friend where the only change was dealing with the commander early in this one if you are healers do not keep your commander alive during the initial push then it’s a fail so if your Dps you will not get chosen over a healer

    As for people requiring higher item level it’s possibly due to the fact that some groups will carry boosted characters and that can make it a little harder because you can speed through this war front but in order to do so you have to deal with assaults more than anything else so you want high damage hi tanks and people who have been doing the content though personally item level doesn’t mean shit


    As for people requiring higher item level it’s possibly due to the fact that some groups will carry boosted characters and that can make it a little harder because you can speed through this war front but in order to do so you have to deal with assaults more than anything else so you want high damage high tanks and people who have been doing the content though personally item level doesn’t mean shit



    TLDR this waterfront is more complicated but the people are requiring those high item levels are groups that you should just ignore anyways I know that at least on the alliance side I have never had a problem getting into it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Because it is their group and not yours. Pretty simple really.

    They don't want to waste their time with low ilvl people if they can fill out quickly enough with higher ilvl.

    Start your own group and invite whomever you want. Don't need a key and don't really need to do any leading in warfronts. Easy.

    The problem is most people will end up requesting a high item level just because they want to carry and they don’t even understand how the waterfront works case in point I had a war front where the healers were not healing the commander at the beginning and we almost wiped

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    And it's not even like this is hard content.
    Faster is faster, nothing to do with difficulty. If for some reason I had to make a group for a heroic 5 man I'd also want the highest ilvl players to blow through it in one pull vs bringing ilvl appropriate players and going through it at a slower pace.

    I don't want to be in any content I don't want to do in the first place any longer than I have to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    And even tho ilvl doesnt represent skill its still save to assume that a baddie in good gear is still more useful than a baddie in bad gear.
    I mean, I get why people say "ilvl doesn't represent skill" but how else am I supposed to make a decision? Two mages request to join my group to fill the last dps spot, one is 460 the other is 425, what am I to look at to determine who to bring other than their ilvl?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  11. #31
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Faster is faster, nothing to do with difficulty. If for some reason I had to make a group for a heroic 5 man I'd also want the highest ilvl players to blow through it in one pull vs bringing ilvl appropriate players and going through it at a slower pace.

    I don't want to be in any content I don't want to do in the first place any longer than I have to.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, I get why people say "ilvl doesn't represent skill" but how else am I supposed to make a decision? Two mages request to join my group to fill the last dps spot, one is 460 the other is 425, what am I to look at to determine who to bring other than their ilvl?
    Search them at wcl for good logs or r.io for good score if you want to know more info or in terms of darkshore just invite people with big ilvl.

    Tho ultimately you never truely know how good someone is unless maybe they have <Method> below their name.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-02-22 at 03:25 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #32
    But really it's their groups so it's up to them who they take, Just make your own groups and good luck!

  13. #33
    With corruption being a thing its easy to find high ilvl players for most content. And the warfront will go faster in a 470+grp than in a 440+.

    Ppl wanna be efficient in what they do.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •