Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So if i play alliance i automatically suck at the game or is it because less dedicated players play alliance? Im confused. Solution is simple, create a dedicated competitive guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    So if i play alliance i automatically suck at the game or is it because less dedicated players play alliance? Im confused. Solution is simple, create a dedicated competitive guild.
    Given the numbers needed to push dedicated content and the ever increasing time it takes to make characters mythic raid raid I think you will find the task much more daunting then you believe. Add to the fact that the majority of players with these traits have decided (although grudgingly) that the horde is the viable option for this and well... even on high pop servers you are going to be looking for diamonds in the rough. I won't say its impossible but infinitely harder then just rolling horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    It's not about sucking at the game...
    It's just that if you want to manage a competitive guild or play with a lot of player of high level and you are too then you will have more struggle than a similar guild which is horde side.
    Because most of the competitive players are already in guilds and the pool of player from which you will be recruiting (constantly as you're talking about a competitive guild) is one tenth of what horde offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Too lazy and sick with the flu to care lol.
    Right. Because he never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Too lazy and sick with the flu to care lol.
    But not too lazy and sick to talk out of your ass? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It's not about sucking at the game...
    It's just that if you want to manage a competitive guild or play with a lot of player of high level and you are too then you will have more struggle than a similar guild which is horde side.
    Because most of the competitive players are already in guilds and the pool of player from which you will be recruiting (constantly as you're talking about a competitive guild) is one tenth of what horde offers.
    Why even act like most competitive players on horde aren't already in a guild as well (aside from it simply not fitting in with your bs bias)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tident View Post
    Yes and also no...

I find that communities that push the hardest parts of the game tend to be both more exclusive and far more stable then communities that invest less into the game. It is rare a single raider goes horde. Usually it's the best 20-30 pve players a server has all leaving at once followed by the next guild and the next guild and the next...

The hordes endgame community on servers is amazing with many having mythic raid pug groups. Outside of removing the faction barrier for pve content I just don't see how you rebuild that kind of community alliance side without utterly breaking racials in their favor.
    That second paragraph is false. Or subjective opinion at the VERY BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    But not too lazy and sick to talk out of your ass? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Why even act like most competitive players on horde aren't already in a guild as well (aside from it simply not fitting in with your bs bias)?

- - - Updated - - -

That second paragraph is false. Or subjective opinion at the VERY BEST.
    I fully admit to it being subjective but it is what I found on area 52 and illidan but both are mega servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    you do realize how preposterous your comment is? Of course, most of horde competitive players are in already in a guild. But as their number is greater, you also have a greater turnover than in the alliance.

There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread. I play Alliance in what I would call "middling mythic progression" — so I will often get half to three-quarters of the raid down before a new one drops. Been that way for awhile because I really don't want the time commitment or the atmosphere of the CE guilds. Now, admittedly, I haven't raided much in BFA, but for several expansions none of the Alliance guilds I was in had any trouble recruiting. So the idea that Alliance mythic raiding will "die" is about as ridiculous as the game dying.

Just because there isn't high representation in the top 100 or top 1000 doesn't mean there isn't strong, sustainable interest in mythic raiding. There just isn't nearly the interest (on Alliance side) in CE raiding, relative to the Horde side. But CE raiding != mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread. I play Alliance in what I would call "middling mythic progression" — so I will often get half to three-quarters of the raid down before a new one drops. Been that way for awhile because I really don't want the time commitment or the atmosphere of the CE guilds. Now, admittedly, I haven't raided much in BFA, but for several expansions none of the Alliance guilds I was in had any trouble recruiting. So the idea that Alliance mythic raiding will "die" is about as ridiculous as the game dying.

Just because there isn't high representation in the top 100 or top 1000 doesn't mean there isn't strong, sustainable interest in mythic raiding. There just isn't nearly the interest (on Alliance side) in CE raiding, relative to the Horde side. But CE raiding != mythic raiding.
    Meanwhile all ex top10-300 alliance guilds migrated horde because THEY COULDN'T FIND FITTING RECRUITS , including my guild. You have no idea what you are talking about, you are talking about pug level raiding. Sure pugging won't die.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2020-02-25 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Meanwhile all ex top10-300 alliance guilds migrated horde because THEY COULDN'T FIND FITTING RECRUITS , including my guild. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Top 10-300 Alliance guilds are in all likelihood CE guilds, not mythic raiding guilds. And my experience (which I detailed, and you clearly glossed over) does inform that I know what I'm talking about. When I was raiding, I could easily find an Alliance mythic raiding guild that fits my speed and expectations, and said guilds never had a recruitment problem. Which runs contrary to this alleged "problem." I don't deny the problem exists, but it's really only applicable to CE guilds, and not just players who are interested in mythic raiding.

edit: Also when is joining and raiding with a guild "pug level raiding." Lol. So funny.
    Last edited by Eli85; 2020-02-25 at 07:41 PM.

The allied races on Horde are way more interesting. Who even asked for diaper gnomes, anyway?
    Or maybe it's a marketing technique to make one faction have cool races, so people pay for faction transfers, and then the next expansion give the other faction the cool races, so people pay for faction transfers back.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-02-25 at 08:06 PM.

Top 10-300 Alliance guilds are in all likelihood CE guilds, not mythic raiding guilds. And my experience (which I detailed, and you clearly glossed over) does inform that I know what I'm talking about. When I was raiding, I could easily find an Alliance mythic raiding guild that fits my speed and expectations, and said guilds never had a recruitment problem. Which runs contrary to this alleged "problem." I don't deny the problem exists, but it's really only applicable to CE guilds, and not just players who are interested in mythic raiding.
    I can see that happening but many players are not really satisfied that the best they can hope for is a middling progression guild. I understand you enjoy that but most people I believe at least entire mythic with the idea that they will complete the tier. If not they tend to work at improving and advancing themselves to the point they eventually will.

edit: Also when is joining and raiding with a guild "pug level raiding." Lol. So funny.
    All the bosses and even more that you kill are basically puggable later on in the tier.

All the bosses and even more that you kill are basically puggable later on in the tier.
    I know the area 52 pug group has the first 3 mythic on farm atm.

This logic is fun. So when raid nerfs are in and I do it "later in the tier" I have the same accomplishment as the world first raiders.

Come on, dude. You're reaching ridiculously. Just because bosses are pugged months after middling mythic guilds kills them, does not make it "pug level raiding."

As long as Oceanic exists Alliance raiding will continue, Alliance is by far the most dominant faction for OC raiding.

Have a couple of decent guilds, Ethical finished world 16th raiding 4 days a week @4hrs. No extending, overtime etc.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2020-02-25 at 07:56 PM.

give in, and join the horde.

best decision I made.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The real answer of course is to just let Sylvanas kill off the weak and boring alliance, thus forever freeing us of the infestation of gnomes.
    F-ck Sylvanas and F-ck the Horde

This logic is fun. So when raid nerfs are in and I do it "later in the tier" I have the same accomplishment as the world first raiders.

Come on, dude. You're reaching ridiculously. Just because bosses are pugged months after middling mythic guilds kills them, does not make it "pug level raiding."
    They are not pugged months after "middling mythic guild" or whatever you call it kill them. You said it yourself "middling mythic guild" (probably raids 2-3 days a week) is a guild that clears 3/4 of the raid before new one comes out, thats exactly the same progress pug raids have that raid 1 day a week. Pug raids are better than what you call "middling mythic guild", and by later on in the tier I mean once mythic becomes x-realm.

They are not pugged months after "middling mythic guild" or whatever you call it kill them. You said it yourself "middling mythic guild" (probably raids 2-3 days a week) is a guild that clears 3/4 of the raid before new one comes out, thats exactly the same progress pug raids have that raid 1 day a week. Pug raids are better than what you call "middling mythic guild", and by later on in the tier I mean once mythic becomes x-realm.
    If you honestly think a pure PUG is clearing 3/4 of the raid, on mythic, before nerfs ... There is nothing left to discuss with you.