Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Alliance Alliance mythic raiding will die out sooner or later

15 Alliance guilds in the top 100.

289 Alliance guilds in the top 1000.

None in the top 10 or killed n'zoth.

Yet no chance for faction merges as said in last blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post

Cross faction PvE can exist without a faction merger, all they need to do is make that the default if you are not in War Mode and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Cross faction PvE can exist without a faction merger, all they need to do is make that the default if you are not in War Mode and problem solved.
    I would thank anyone who could quote the exact statement but im sure they denied exactly that last blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Man im lazy..found it on wowhead...https://de.wowhead.com/news=296022/b...t-q-a-liveblog

Q: With the faction war settling down, would you consider loosening faction restrictions on grouping with friends?
    A: I understand you want to play with opposite faction and it would be easier for you but mechanically it's a pillar of what makes Warcraft Warcraft. That division has value, although we do want to look for ways for you to play with lots of people. Formal cross faction play is not in the cards.

They have recently (post-Blizzcon) said they are open to cross-faction gameplay, without the factions ever merging.

I would thank anyone who could quote the exact statement but im sure they denied exactly that last blizzcon.
    They said for them to do it they need a really good lore reason to bring them together and that it wasn't going to happen in Shadowlands. So they gave the political answer by not really answering lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They have recently (post-Blizzcon) said they are open to cross-faction gameplay, without the factions ever merging.
    If that's true it went over my head, care to link a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yeah, honestly such an easy fix, i cant believe they have not done this yet.

Comparing the m+ groups on Horde vs. Alliance on EU servers is crazy. Horde has like 10 times the amounts running any time of the day.
    Pretty sure most players would not care if the DH in their m+ group is a Night Elf or Blood Elf.

I don’t have the exact quote either, but they intentionally followed a divisive faction moment in the crowd (the announcement that the alliance “won the war” I believe) with this very question and cited said vocal division to point out why this very thing of cross faction play would not happen. The timing was cheap and clearly set up, even though they denied it overtly.

If that's true it went over my head, care to link a source?
    A blue mentioned they were experimenting in-house with crossplay tech in a post after Blizzcon. Or something along that lines. I swear to god this actually happened even though I can't find it, maybe someone can back me up?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don’t have the exact quote either, but they intentionally followed a divisive faction moment in the crowd (the announcement that the alliance “won the war” I believe) with this very question and cited said vocal division to point out why this very thing of cross faction play would not happen. The timing was cheap and clearly set up, even though they denied it overtly.
    I really hope this is true, even though you can always say it's "only mythic raiding" it certainly has a trickle down effect.
    Still would love a source though.

As with most things, they will change their attitude when it starts becoming an echo chamber.

They will find a way to make it happen, they can simply create new type of factions etc where any race can join after some fail story about it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Man im lazy..found it on wowhead...https://de.wowhead.com/news=296022/b...t-q-a-liveblog

Q: With the faction war settling down, would you consider loosening faction restrictions on grouping with friends?
    A: I understand you want to play with opposite faction and it would be easier for you but mechanically it's a pillar of what makes Warcraft Warcraft. That division has value, although we do want to look for ways for you to play with lots of people. Formal cross faction play is not in the cards.
    Ion also said you should be able to equip an item that is an 15 item level increase and be assured its an upgrade and that isn't the case in the least, so what they say =! what they do.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

5+ Year Old Account
    People will still act like this isn't a problem so I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Thank God I have a maxed out Horde from anni event, moment SL drops I'm jumping ship too lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Ion also said you should be able to equip an item that is an 15 item level increase and be assured its an upgrade and that isn't the case in the least, so what they say =! what they do.
    Huh you're right.
    Next expansion 4-15 factions changing every quarter, you heard it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Yeah, honestly such an easy fix, i cant believe they have not done this yet.
    because the main source of income - the non subscription services (that's official statement btw from actiblizz, also quite old from when they stopped reporting sub numbers) - will lose a massive drop of faction transfer cash
    when no one in alliance anymore is whale enough to pay for faction transfer and they only bleed the 5 alliance players left, they will 'open it', yay
    i'm horde but even i feel disgusted from that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The real answer of course is to just let Sylvanas kill off the weak and boring alliance, thus forever freeing us of the infestation of gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    because the main source of income - the non subscription services (that's official statement btw from actiblizz, also quite old from when they stopped reporting sub numbers) - will lose a massive drop of faction transfer cash
    when no one in alliance anymore is whale enough to pay for faction transfer and they only bleed the 5 alliance players left, they will 'open it', yay
    i'm horde but even i feel disgusted from that
    I would expect a larger percentage of those types of transactions are today paid with WoW-Gold. Some of which is backed with cash, but not all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    The real answer of course is to just let Sylvanas kill off the weak and boring alliance, thus forever freeing us of the infestation of gnomes.
    That would be a good story/lore reason.

So would "coming back from Shadowlands and finding out our bodies died, we can choose a new one".
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I would expect a larger percentage of those types of transactions are today paid with WoW-Gold. Some of which is backed with cash, but not all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a good story/lore reason.

So would "coming back from Shadowlands and finding out our bodies died, we can choose a new one".
    "Your old life has passed, I can forge you a new one" gachiBASS

Quote Originally Posted by FatUglyTranny View Post
    Maybe the entirety of the Alliance will completely die out as well. Good riddance to rubbish people.
    You do realize The Horde and Alliance are fictional, and don't really exist, right?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was talking with a friend about it yesterday as they went Horde to join a raid group and it pretty much just came down to those stupid people are still playing alliance with how crazy the gap between the two are.

Of course I count as one of those stupid people.....