Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    If you honestly think a pure PUG is clearing 3/4 of the raid, on mythic, before nerfs ... There is nothing left to discuss with you.
    Keep living in your delusional world then.

Who the fuck cares about Alliance? Ion and his EJ guildies are Horde

There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread. I play Alliance in what I would call "middling mythic progression" — so I will often get half to three-quarters of the raid down before a new one drops. Been that way for awhile because I really don't want the time commitment or the atmosphere of the CE guilds. Now, admittedly, I haven't raided much in BFA, but for several expansions none of the Alliance guilds I was in had any trouble recruiting.
    So basically your experience is not only outdated (while the problem is more and more severe over time), but also applies to guilds that are complete lowest end of mythic. This is not "middling progression". Middling is when you finish the raid not super early, but have some breather room before next tier lands.

If you honestly think a pure PUG is clearing 3/4 of the raid, on mythic, before nerfs ... There is nothing left to discuss with you.
    But you didn't say about clearing 3/4 of the raid before nerfs... You said about clearing 3/4 at the end of the tier which is after all the nerfs. And yes, these guilds are basically heroic raiders who dip toes into mythic but can't go far, so yes, their skill level is equivalent to pugs, the only difference is pugs will not spend ludicrous amount of wipes on a mid-tier boss but only clear the ones that can be downed in a day.

Personally I don't even know what's the point of mythic guilds that wipe for months with no realistic goal of achieving CE, but to each their own.

P.S. By saying "I really don't want the (...) atmosphere of the CE guilds" you assume all CE guilds are the same? There's a huge difference between world first, hall of fame, mid-tier CE and "CE at the very last moment" types of guilds.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-02-26 at 02:06 AM.

Sorry to push this thread again but i'd still love to get a link to that bluepost post blizzcon since i can't find it myself :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They have recently (post-Blizzcon) said they are open to cross-faction gameplay, without the factions ever merging.
    This is so crazy... This is something private servers with low population do to make it more enjoyable until more people come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This is so crazy... This is something private servers with low population do to make it more enjoyable until more people come along.
    Im pretty sure that if this blue post is real they don't really have technical problems but more story/reasoning like problems to implement that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Cross faction PvE can exist without a faction merger, all they need to do is make that the default if you are not in War Mode and problem solved.
    It's a good idea, that won't stroke Ion's ego, no deal.

But yeah, it's a bummer since it's at a point where raiding used to have a healthy population on each server. but now peple are leaving, so rather than delist servers, they merge them, but don't allow cross same shards guilds over say a guild when it's essentially the same server of old, but split across 7 dead servers.

It'd be much better imo if they just bit the bullet imo and just merged all the realms together into one megarealm and eliminated server restrictions on guilds and mythic raiding more unobtrusively and just say, for naming conflicts, let people use the identifiers with class icon and levels for the mailbox.

On most servers mythic raiding is dead for Alliance and has been since WoD. A few of the high population servers are holding out but they are like the little dutch boy and the damn, at best they are holding things together for a brief moment longer until everything falls apart.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

People prefer to play Horde. Deal. With. It.

buff alliance PVE racials so they are OP For an expac or 2, or some other raiding buff.. no cross-faction play.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I think it's sort of a cause and effect. Horde were "better" before so more raiding guilds went horde, so more raiding guilds go horde. That and, for whatever reason, Horde players seem to have a superiority complex and/or talk down to Alliance constantly. I flip flop between both factions because I like both, and that way I see the whole story, but I notice that you are way more likely to find arrogant assholes on Horde than Alliance, and I can't for the love of me figure out why. Originally I thought it had something to do with wanting to be a "badass" and therefore play a "monster" race as opposed to a traditional fantasy race, but I can't put my finger on why Horde suddenly skyrocketed in popularity, especially since their quests and zones are IMHO way inferior to Alliance across nearly every expansion.

Really though, Cross faction stuff is long overdue. WoW remains one of the few MMOS where you can't play with your friends if they like Orcs, Trolls and Tauren and you like Humans, Night Elves and Dwarves. There's zero reason to not have cross-faction PVE since the entire story, including WC3, was how there is always a greater threat that needs both factions to work together. Not only that but cross faction play would have zero impact to battlegrounds, and could just be disabled if War Mode is on and active otherwise. No real loss, and a net gain as you no longer have to play something you may not want just to play with your friends.

Not really always imo, i've played both, the core cities and the stories with how the writers have wrote them tend to be more interesting for the horde storylines. (Not for lack of potential on the Defias questline, for sure, that was a great one), But ever since Varian died, Anduin has wailed like a dying pony and i *honestly* wouldn't be surprised if someone killed him right now or if Baine tripped and gored him if there wouldn't be a brand new celebration hailing his new murderer as king for the alliance player base. People were actually rooting for Anduin to man up until it turned out it was Nzoth'trorone instead of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    give in, and join the horde.

best decision I made.
    i think i will in shadowlands, the only save for alliance in bfa was how nice boralus is compared to zuldazar

Boralus is indeed, a very nice centered city, i just wish that the other parts of it that we never go to had more in it, but it's nice.