Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face I an going to miss some things from BFA - Here's Why

Hello fellow adventures, heroes, champions or whatever you'd preferred to be called.

Believe it or not, I do agree for the most part that Battle for Azeroth was lacking quite a few things and it also did not execute many of the gameplay systems and instead hit the overall experience.

From lackluster island expeditions, crappy azerite system and essences not being account bound I still actually think it was not a horrible expansion as many make it out to be, especially even when compared to WoD.

I am one of the few people most likely (in the minority) that absolutely loves and adores the world quests system. Ever since their inception from Legion which I believe was 2nd best expansion since WotLK (For me personally) the best thing about BFA for me were each and every one of the zones, BFA is the first expansion where I absolutely love every single zone that it has to offer and adventuring in those everyday was an absolute bliss thanks to world quests. While some of the rares were not very rewarding to hunt down it was still a lot of fun for me too see a star on my map, track it down and kill it.

I think that the strongest feature of BFA were its dungeons and Allied Races. Thanks to both of those being exceptionally good, the expansion had a lot more content too offer than Warlords of Draenor ever did. I personally love rep grinds, but I do think they could be a bit less time gated hopefully come next expansion but we have to wait and see.

Overall, as much as everyone dislikes BFA I did think the overall world, lore of the zones, and the dungeons themselves were absolutely top notch. I love Underrot, Siege of Boralus, Waycrest and Atal Dazar. Absolutely phenomenal dungeons, never got bored of any of them and could run +10s for days non stop in a row without ever being bored.

I am super excited for Shadowlands and do believe it will be a superior expansion, but I did wanna say that BFA is not all horrible content wise despite Warfronts and IEs being a bit poopy. The main issue of BFA were always the core gameplay and gear systems . I think if it had better ideas in place it could have been one of the best expansions.
    Last edited by Northelim; 2020-02-20 at 10:32 PM.

Is good to read a positive experience about BfA. I agree with you, It lacks in many ways but is not a terrible expansion, I still enjoy It very much and I cannot wait to know more about Shadowlands, hopefully executing Alliance again with Hammer of Wrath like in the old days.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I'm going to miss Alied races too. Getting a new pair every other patch gave those patches and the game in general so much replay value. I hope they bring it back in the future.

I don't jump on the "I hate BfA" dog pile, I enjoyed it more than Mists of Pandaria, which is often touted as one of the top three best expansions ever. I sincerely don't even think Shadowlands will be better than BfA, but that's neither here or there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm going to miss Alied races too. Getting a new pair every other patch gave those patches and the game in general so much replay value. I hope they bring it back in the future.

I don't jump on the "I hate BfA" dog pile, I enjoyed it more than Mists of Pandaria, which is often touted as one of the top three best expansions ever. I sincerely don't even think Shadowlands will be better than BfA, but that's neither here or there.
    To be quite honest, I think for me personally MoP was the least favorite expansion. It by no means a bad expansion, I think it was very well done across the entire board for what it was set out to achieve. But I was not into the while asian theme, not a fan of pandaren or the monk's so due to that it's my least favorite, but that's a subjective thing. Objectively MoP was probably one of the more better executed expansion for sure and as well as Legion, except Legion's theme too me and world was much more interesting.

I loved WotLK so anything to do with Lich King or death lore is awesome. I think Shadowlands could be one if the best expansions in recent years if executed properly. I like everything about it, especially tower of torghast and less RNG which is the issue BFA had. My only gripe is they didn't add a Necromancer class, it was the perfect time to do it.

I just realized today that I don't have access to one of this expansion's features because I didn't do last expansion's last tier of content. Definitely won't miss that.

Every expansion has dungeons. Shadowlands will too. And if you loved Siege of Boralus 100% you don't play a pet class. Last boss is awfully obnoxious and plagued with pet pathing issues.

Allied races? Shadowlands will offer something better, which is free customization for existing races. Only few allied races were actually new races, like Vulpera or Kul Tirans, rest were reskins with different skin colours and hairstyles.

Also I don't mind world quests and rep grinds, but what I do mind is constant extra tacked on systems like AP, essences, etc. to make people who don't enjoy that content pushed towards doing it nonetheless. If reps were like in the old times that they gave mounts and some profession patterns that would be fine.

World quests in Legion were a vast improvement over the daily quests from previous expansions. In BFA they were slightly better, and I really can't think of anyway to improve it, I think the system will be with us for a long time.

Island expeditions and warfronts were as disappointing as scenarios and garrisons. They really shouldn't invest so much in expansion features. Just give us good game systems and solid content.

Speaking of solid content, the zones, dungeons and raids were solid.

8.0 was my least favourite patch, as it made the classes I play a lot worse to play. It has gotten somewhat better, but classwise, this expansion is sub par. And don't get me started on the horrible mission tables. Either revert back to Legion style, or scrap it.

Overall, it's an ok expansion. It continued some of the good stuff from Legion, like WQ and M+, but slightly better. But it wasn't very innovative, and was the buggiest expansion so far in my experience. I have a good feeling about Shadowlands.

I liked BfA up until essences got involved, and then corruption. Other than that it's a great expansion.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I just realized today that I don't have access to one of this expansion's features because I didn't do last expansion's last tier of content. Definitely won't miss that.
    Are you talking about allied races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i will not miss big buggy CTRL+V and bugfixing on the flow.

- - - Updated - - -

and without essences/corruption and all that grind. The whole addon/xpac is nothing.

when i see this correct. activsion is behind every time gate you find in game. All they want is more subs and ways to keep subs active.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-02-20 at 11:34 PM.

Jeez chill.

There's at least 9+ months left of BfA

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMartigo View Post
    Are you talking about allied races?
    Yeah, was like, "Huh, I should make a void elf."

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate world quest but i liked the daily quest system more. Allied races on the other hand i do hate. Most should have just been new cosmetics for the old races.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I am one of the few people most likely (in the minority) that absolutely loves and adores the world quests system.

I think that the strongest feature of BFA were its dungeons and Allied Races.

I personally love rep grinds

Warfronts and IEs being a bit poopy

So..... let me be sure I understand things here. You love things that aren't going away in Shadowlands(WQs, Dungeons, Allied Races, Rep grinds), but think that Warfronts and Islands weren't very good.

How, exactly, is this different than what people are saying is bad about BfA???? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    To be quite honest, I think for me personally MoP was the least favorite expansion. It by no means a bad expansion, I think it was very well done across the entire board for what it was set out to achieve. But I was not into the while asian theme, not a fan of pandaren or the monk's so due to that it's my least favorite, but that's a subjective thing. Objectively MoP was probably one of the more better executed expansion for sure and as well as Legion, except Legion's theme too me and world was much more interesting.

I loved WotLK so anything to do with Lich King or death lore is awesome. I think Shadowlands could be one if the best expansions in recent years if executed properly. I like everything about it, especially tower of torghast and less RNG which is the issue BFA had. My only gripe is they didn't add a Necromancer class, it was the perfect time to do it.
    I feel the exact same way about Mists of Pandaria. Greatly executed but not my cup of tea. WoW is all about Scourge and Legion to me, and while Shadowlands in concept seems like something I'd be chomping at the bit to play, I'm suffering from Sylvanas fatigue lore-wise, and features-wise and story-wise, we still know so little, the pessimist in me is holding back from being excited until I see more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I feel the exact same way about Mists of Pandaria. Greatly executed but not my cup of tea. WoW is all about Scourge and Legion to me, and while Shadowlands in concept seems like something I'd be chomping at the bit to play, I'm suffering from Sylvanas fatigue lore-wise, and features-wise and story-wise, we still know so little, the pessimist in me is holding back from being excited until I see more.
    Yeah I can kind of understand that. The Sylvanas thing has been happening for a while now, since the Cata days I believe? Well into legion, then most of her in BFA and even more in Shadowlands. However, with the jailer being the new end boss/villain I have a strong feelingbthat there is something bigger going on. I don't know why but I have a feeling that Arthas will be coming back in some shape or form and I deeply hope it won't be a redemption arc lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    lol this...how stupid is that?

I am going to miss everybody complaining about this expansion's many issues while pretending like there isn't already a version of the game tailor made to alleviate those concerns already in production.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I don't hate world quest but i liked the daily quest system more. Allied races on the other hand i do hate. Most should have just been new cosmetics for the old races.
    blows my mind how anyone could actualy prefer dailies over wq's,funeling a bunch of players in one small zone with objects only one person can click on(why even do this?other quests are mass usable)

Only the hopeless grind for Azerite Essences and neck levels irritated me about BFA. I understand it's nice to keep having something for the main to do, but having to grind dated raids, rep etc all over again for every alt is a real drag.

Also the fact that Heroic Dungeons/Timewalking is so easy that when I picked up this game again back in December after a 2-year break I didn't actually learn the fights, because even new 120's easily stomped the mecahnics

This aside it's been great, and I don't even have time to raid, so that whole thing is closed to me

- Horrific Visions are great fun in every way, although the enemies themselves could have been a bit more involved
    - Great dungeons for Mythics. I'm not tired of them yet at least
    - I've got plenty to do between Mythics, islands, emissaries/paragons and assaults. Bare have time for getting transmogs or leveling alts
    - Allied races and their small introductions are a welcome addition

Easily the best expac I played since Wrath