Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..I am asking myself the same question...so I don't opt in.

Common sense is crazy, right?

No idea if they changed the system over the years - I got twice into beta (ICC and...I think WoD) without pre-ordering. Actually even without opting in (but yeah, seems that is changed. See blue quote). No..I don't think there is a guaranteed way. As the blue states: "Signing up for beta does not guarantee you will be chosen to participate, but players who have not signed up to indicate interest cannot be chosen. Customer Support is not able to provide access to beta."

Could be though that some players did provide constant feedback over years and they get chosen specifically?
    The system is semi-random. It takes into consideration your past and pc specs. On top of that streamers, youtubers, news/fansites, gaming press have guaranteed access. Also wow-interface is helping addon developers getting into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    To help deliver a finished product?
    People like you are always whining but not contributing.
    sorry thousands of others offered their contributions and blizzard ignored them until it was too late, but thanks for thinking im the fucking messiah of WoW and they would have listened to me directly and i could have changed everything, get optimism you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Not really, we wrote and wrote to blizz about stuff over and over again. But they didnt do anything about anything and went their own way as usual. By beta testing they only listen to you about fixing stuff that is bugged etc. They dont care about how you feel about content/systems.
    Was just like that with wc3 reforged too.
    That's what beta testing is for... to iron out bugs and minor tweaks, not system overhauls. That's more a kin to an alpha test.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

This is a first time i have no interest in getting into Beta
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see them prioritising people who bought epic edition for beta invites.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I can already see them prioritising people who bought epic edition for beta invites.
    i dont think thats true, ive always bought the collector editions of the expansions and i only got into 1 beta, and as far as shadowlands goes i bought the epic edition but when i click to opt-in i get
    OPT-IN UNSUCCESSFUL
    We weren’t able to record your opt-in. Please try again later.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's what beta testing is for... to iron out bugs and minor tweaks, not system overhauls. That's more a kin to an alpha test.
    How likely do you think is that alpha testers liked the system, but beta testers didn't?

every time i have done a alpha or beta and have given feedback it has ALWAYS fallen on def ears and the bugs people reported never got fixed until it went live.

I hate to say it but people are jaded if they think they will listen this time around.
    Activision Blizzard have a time frame to push out shadowlands and you better believe that it will come out with bugs.

The release first and patch later mentality is all over the games industry now for PC and consoles.
    Also it will be rushed out as well for the CEO's Christmas bonus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    How likely do you think is that alpha testers liked the system, but beta testers didn't?
    No idea since I don't think blizzard are doing alpha test publicly and alpha is only in-house. Could be wrong though, but all I see from blizzard are beta tests that are public.

Then it also differs from company to company on what they actually test for during certain phases. They might not do input on if a system is liked or not, which in my eyes are fair since I believe any developer are allowed to do whatever game they want, and instead just testing functionality and how intuitive or whatever it is.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-21 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Why though? They do this every time
    Lets just let them think their testing means something.

I got into the BfA alpha and beta without an opt in.

5+ Year Old Account
    No idea since I don't think blizzard are doing alpha test publicly and alpha is only in-house. Could be wrong though, but all I see from blizzard are beta tests that are public.

Then it also differs from company to company on what they actually test for during certain phases. They might not do input on if a system is liked or not, which in my eyes are fair since I believe any developer are allowed to do whatever game they want, and instead just testing functionality and how intuitive or whatever it is.
    Well allowed, yes. Should? Not really. I mean you can create a dick shaped island where the main story is gated behind a giant dildo mount that is a 0.00000000000% drop for a rare mob you can only fight if you did daily quests for a new faction for 4 months. But if your revenue depends on the number of people able and willing to play a recurring subscription for your product, it is considered good business practice to provide an incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well allowed, yes. Should? Not really. I mean you can create a dick shaped island where the main story is gated behind a giant dildo mount that is a 0.00000000000% drop for a rare mob you can only fight if you did daily quests for a new faction for 4 months. But if your revenue depends on the number of people able and willing to play a recurring subscription for your product, it is considered good business practice to provide an incentive.
    Not sure what your point or the relevance. I don't think I mentioned incentive anywhere...

Players often think testing means that developers should change THEIR game according to what players want, which is fine if that's what the developers want. If they don't want to, that's also completely fine and that might not even be the purpose of the testing. Any business need to obviously balance the two which is why you often find more gems in the indie section of games since those aren't overrun by business practices to that extent and often follows the developers vision and design. Also means there are a lot of duds coming from the indie section while triple A games are more mediocre in general.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-21 at 03:47 PM.

Why waste your time beta testing? They don't listen and use it as advertisement for the xpac.

Known bugs and imbalance will exist until 10.0. Even if reported in beta. Just look at battle for adequacy.

I'll beta test on release where at least most of my progress won't be erased or eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    This is a first time i have no interest in getting into Beta
    so dont press the button.
    problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    i dont think thats true, ive always bought the collector editions of the expansions and i only got into 1 beta, and as far as shadowlands goes i bought the epic edition but when i click to opt-in i get
    OPT-IN UNSUCCESSFUL
    We weren’t able to record your opt-in. Please try again later.
    use a different browser.

I bet kripp will be beta and he doesn't even play WoW anymore.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    be ti know a way that does guarantee you will be chosen to participate
    does it involve a number and the word "views" in it ?

Both Legion and BfA had public Alphas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    does it involve a number and the word "views" in it ?
    Yea, the only way to GUARANTEE an invite is to be an influencer, whether that be media (icy-veins gets keys to hand out to their team for instance) or streamer/youtuber.

I bet the alpha build is more stable than Beta For Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I bet the alpha build is more stable than Beta For Azeroth.
    Haha it's funny because BfA sucks.

Hey, does anybody else think BfA sucks? Please quote and agree with me so I can feel better about my unique opinion.