Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Growing up Cartoons taught you?

You can never fall, as long as you don't look down.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Being stupid kids, had my sister jump off a wall with an umbrella thinking she'd float down like Mary Poppins... XD

Nothing really, since we were made aware very early on that they're not real. We never believed in Santa or the tooth fairy, but we also never tried doing things we'd seen done in cartoons.

Unlike what my cousins were up to.

We did take away lessons about fairness, treatment of others and such though from the well crafted stories that didn't treat kids like idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Captain Planet taught me... to be nice to the planet and to not be scared of aids.

Yep our cartoons were just as weird as they are now.

Early 90's Cartoon that tackled issues like pollution, drugs and even AIDS, what was a big deal back then.

Even had toys from it, gave them all away those that survived my childhood anyway.

My parents are super religious, they put me on the path to being more open minded. 90s cartoon tackled very adult subjects it was refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anvils regularly fall from the sky
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember watching a ton of Krtek and Spider-man (The 1994 series). Didn't like the 'violent for no reason' types of cartoons.

Krtek was absolutely amazing show, it was about a Mole who did a lot of random stuff. It was basically a How it's Made show for children and also often raising some enviromental awareness. That's why I love animals so much I guess.

I loved Spider-man though, I watched it over and over again. I was jumping around throwing kicks and punches while doing the poses so my dad signed me up for Karate and I even remember stopping bullies from beating random people. I guess it taught me courage because looking back, considering my size and scrawny nature, it probably wasn't the smartest idea. I never got beat up though, I think had to use physical force just once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wakko taught me America.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Acme was the original Amazon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

You can never fall, as long as you don't look down.
    That one you posted, taught me that there are going to be predators and prey and it is rewarding when the predator becomes the victim at his own demise.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Captain Planet taught me... to be nice to the planet and to not be scared of aids.

Yep our cartoons were just as weird as they are now.

Early 90's Cartoon that tackled issues like pollution, drugs and even AIDS, what was a big deal back then.

Even had toys from it, gave them all away those that survived my childhood anyway.
    I am pretty sure Captain Planet was one of the reasons I grew up so in love with the environment. also it was the first place I heard about AIDS
    ... lol.

Although I am pretty sure anyone watching that show today would make you want to nuke some whales by the time it was over. It does try and club you around the head with its message :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-04-09 at 12:50 PM.

Finish your steak.

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am pretty sure Captain Planet was one of the reasons I grew up so in love with the environment. also it was the first place I heard about AIDS
    ... lol.

Although I am pretty sure anyone watching that show today would make you want to nuke some whales by the time it was over. It does try and club you around the head with its message :P
    Oh pretty certain of that, those cartoons must have been unbearable for my parents at the time, no wonder they bought me toys simply to spare themselves

7+ Year Old Account
    I learned to speak English pretty good. Sadly the grammar didn't improve.

So are we talking explicitly bad lessons? I know Rugrats accidentally gave me my fear of needles, so that's not great. Some episode where Tommy got pricked by a thorn bush that stuck with me because it was the first time I saw someone brave reduced to tears.

Weird how that stuff imprints on you when you're that young.

Like how this scene both traumatized me and reminds me to forgive grudges!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Technically I was an adult when I watched Ren and Stimpy but it did teach me that you can't resist pushing the big shiny button.

To buy more He-Man toys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Body massage

Bugs Bunny lessons:
    Remain Calm
    Ask Questions...and listen
    Adapt...
    Fight smarter, not harder.