Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Only one faction

What is the point of having two factions? Serious question.

I don't see the point anymore.
    Alliance and Horde have been working together since like Warcraft III Reign of Chaos.

Imagine the raid balance, PVP balance, m+ balance you would get letting Alliance play together with Horde.

What are the downsides to it?

It’s more of a story mechanic and by keeping the two factions separated it leaves possibilities for the story to expand upon it also right now you have some pretty angry elves in dog boys

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I don't want Vulpera in the Alliance thank you very much
    Why though? I wouldn't want gnomes by my side but who cares.
    Is your manlyhood at stake? You afraid you are gonna become gay for the vulpera?

I thought the testosterone kids already played horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It’s more of a story mechanic and by keeping the two factions separated it leaves possibilities for the story to expand upon it also right now you have some pretty angry elves in dog boys
    It wouldn't force them to keep it like that in future expansions. Would be cool if they didn't.

I am a woman so your taunting is pointless.

I just don't want to play along weird furries. Vulpera do not fit in the Warcraft universe in my opinion. Keep that Korean-mmo shit out this WOW please.
    I agree but they are there now. People said the same about Pandas but failed to remember that they were in the game since Warcraft III.
    But how are "furries" more wierd then worgen?

Alliance have had furries since Worgen.

I am a woman so your taunting is pointless.

I just don't want to play along weird furries. Vulpera do not fit in the Warcraft universe in my opinion. Keep that Korean-mmo shit out this WOW please.
    *Looks at Pandaren and Worgen* You're a bit late to the party. Also, really, we don't need that kind of bigotry in WoW. Furries aren't the problem. People like you are, who hate something just because and expect everybody else to go along with their stupid.

This NPC can defect, that NPC can join the other side, this fight we work together over and over for 10+ years

But lets obey this forsaken woman for every command and do the damn quest.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Come on, everyone knows the faction conflict is very integral to WoW
    Is it though? In what way?

TBC - alliance and horde work together to crush the burning crusade.
    Wrath - alliance and horde work together to crush Arthas.
    Cata - alliance and horde work together to crush Deathwing.
    MoP - alliance and horde work together to crush Hellscream.
    WoD - alliance and horde work together to crush Hellscream and the Iron Horde.
    Legion - alliance and horde work together to crush Gul'Dan and the Legion.

Bfa - alliance and horde work together to crush Sylvanas.

No thanks

Ill never work with the alliance pigs unless the world is at stake, besides, I would rather die than to share bedroom with a gnome
    An'u belore delen'na

I think it would greatly benefit this game to make it just one faction.

It would also take away the story "crutch" (Horde v Alliance) that Blizz uses and would force them to drive the story in a new (and hopefully better) direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Keep the yiffbait on one faction so I have an escape route please. I don’t want to see the Alliance tainted with Vulpera too.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    Is it though? In what way?

TBC - alliance and horde work together to crush the burning crusade.
    Wrath - alliance and horde work together to crush Arthas.
    Cata - alliance and horde work together to crush Deathwing.
    MoP - alliance and horde work together to crush Hellscream.
    WoD - alliance and horde work together to crush Hellscream and the Iron Horde.
    Legion - alliance and horde work together to crush Gul'Dan and the Legion.

Bfa - alliance and horde work together to crush Sylvanas.
    TBC - Never mind the alliance sending spies and sabotaging mana sources of the blood elves or Blood elves screwing over the Draenei. Shattrath assaulted the black temple, not the alliance/horde

Wotlk - What???? I dont think the alliance and the horde has hated each other as much as in Wotlk. They are literally fighting and killing each other during the assault upon Icecrown

Cataclysm - Fight and killing each other over resources. Wyrmest accord defeated Deathwing, not the alliance/horde

MoP - Lmao

WoD - Ashran

Legion - Stormheim? Thalyssra literally abandoned the alliance because they were treating them like crap and the blood and night elves were about to open fire on each other during the siege og Suramar. It was also the army of light, filled with neutral characters that assaulted Argus, not us

Bottom line, faction cooperation has almost always been through a neutral third party.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2020-02-21 at 10:44 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

I’m with you on this, they are the horde version of gnomes. Well, at least gnomes bring technology, those rat things only bring fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    No thanks

Ill never work with the alliance pigs unless the world is at stake, besides, I would rather die than to share bedroom with a gnome
    But you are working with alliance, assuming you play Bfa.

But you are working with alliance, assuming you play Bfa.
    As a double agent, for the glory of the banshee queen and the trade prince
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is already more a themepark MMO with shitloads of lore-breaking things.

So no, we don't need more of this mixed up trash.

I thought the testosterone kids already played horde.
    No the kids all play alliance....
    It wouldn't force them to keep it like that in future expansions. Would be cool if they didn't.
    yeah sorry but keep the forking alliance away from me these bad guys should never be allowed to play with the horde ever, thank you very much...

so cows, goats, dogs (in the alliance), pandas, etc are ok but fox people and the world is ending? yeah you are the one thats wrong here not the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks but I don't want the murderers of Teldrassil/Gilneas/Theramore to walk freely in Stormwind or in any other Alliance capital.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Keep the yiffbait on one faction so I have an escape route please. I don’t want to see the Alliance tainted with Vulpera too.
    There already is yiffbait in both factions. There has been yiffbait in both factions since tbc.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2020-02-21 at 11:11 AM.

Oh helll naw! I'd rather have 3 factions. The Horde, the Alliance and the furry union.

I don't want them in the Horde either! Maybe... we can look the other way for a bit, weapons inspection day, you know and you can send in the purge squads again?

The duality is only what Warcraft has been built on and that's just the abstract reason not to do away with factions. There are practical reasons too. Expanding the mercenary-mode is the best one should hope.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.