Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Time to introduce a trading tax?

Many other MMO's have this feature. Why not WoW?

Auction house goods are being taxed at a rate of 5%, and so should services. Since a greater portion of the economy now involves services such as carry runs, it is now time for service providers to pay their fair share of tax, just as goods sellers do.

I propose that when a player trades gold to another player, there should be a fee of 4% on the gold traded, slightly lower than the AH fee. This would not only combat inflation but also keep in line with existing taxes in game.

Do you think WoW needs a tax on services like this?

No. Taxes in real life are to fund services. I don't think there is an issue with healthcare provisions or infrastructure maintenance in Azeroth requiring this money.

Erm, nah not for me. When i give or lend someone money, i don't give the tax man a % of it.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

Auction house goods are being taxed at a rate of 5%, and so should services. Since a greater portion of the economy now involves services such as carry runs, it is now time for service providers to pay their fair share of tax, just as goods sellers do.

I propose that when a player trades gold to another player, there should be a fee of 4% on the gold traded, slightly lower than the AH fee. This would not only combat inflation but also keep in line with existing taxes in game.

give me one good reason why

10+ Year Old Account
    all taxation is theft so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Wouldn't this just raise the price of carry runs and stuff?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    but taxes are taken to benefit society as a whole. what benefits could it possibly provide? plus, the AH already gets a cut so why would you take it further? nonsense idea

10+ Year Old Account

No way..

I just think Blizzard should try to get rid of paid carries..

750K for a Heroic Ny'alothia carry? Who the fuck pays that kind of money? It's more money than I have on my main.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    And you would use that tax for what? Refurbushing Pandaria?

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    all taxation is theft so no.
    I assume you dispose of all your own trash, maintain all the roads you drive on, and provide your own lighting in public when you walk under it at night then? You also probably personally negotiated all the trade deals with other countries when you got every imported electronic product you've ever owned, I mean, it would be silly to think otherwise when you made such a bold statement. Not to mention the countless other everyday perks of life we all take for granted that you obviously take care of yourself.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    well given that paid carries exist since pretty much beginning of the game, thats not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way..

750K for a Heroic Ny'alothia carry? Who the fuck pays that kind of money? It's more money than I have on my main.
    If people didn't pay it, they wouldn't sell them. It's a VERY slippery slope when you start telling Blizzard they should step in on in game trade agreements.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

This is the most idiotic idea I've heard in a very long time. Thanks for the laugh.

We need a tax on auction house trade to fund first aid for all.

are you a cop?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I assume you dispose of all your own trash, maintain all the roads you drive on, and provide your own lighting in public when you walk under it at night then? You also probably personally negotiated all the trade deals with other countries when you got every imported electronic product you've ever owned, I mean, it would be silly to think otherwise when you made such a bold statement. Not to mention the countless other everyday perks of life we all take for granted that you obviously take care of yourself.
    found the boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Why would you have a tax on trading? Its 2 people walking up to each other giving gold and walking away, its a video game, not real life, a tax on trading gold would be silly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Why would you have a tax on trading? Its 2 people walking up to each other giving gold and walking away, its a video game, not real life, a tax on trading gold would be silly.
    this. plus the only thing that would do would kill the AH. people would revert to solely using the trade chat. it would be almost impossible for Blizzard to tax gold swaps like that

People will just charge 5% more for things, just like real life.

what game has this??? and why the hell would it?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22