Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    We need a tax on auction house trade to fund first aid for all.
    There is a "tax" on auctions. How else do you think Spirit Healers are financed, and even for non-lethal injuries you see the automatic health care at work. In Real Life, you couldn't heal completely in 1-2min after falling down a cliff.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    found the boomer
    And ignorant one decided to chime in!

found the boomer
    Found the guy with no argument so he resorts to irrelevant memes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way..

I just think Blizzard should try to get rid of paid carries..

750K for a Heroic Ny'alothia carry? Who the fuck pays that kind of money? It's more money than I have on my main.
    How would they even do it? They can't get rid of it.

Agree that they shouldn't add a trading "tax" though. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I propose that when a player trades gold to another player, there should be a fee of 4% on the gold traded, slightly lower than the AH fee. This would not only combat inflation but also keep in line with existing taxes in game.

Do you think WoW needs a tax on services like this?
    From my limited knowledge of economics, taxation is not to combat inflation but a legalize system of collecting money from individuals for the state, and the state could be a king or a dictator etc. Who then spends it on whatever they like.

Inflation is due to the overabundance of money in system. Ie, too much gold is being generated. So to combat inflation, they first need to reduce the amount of gold entering the system.

I wouldn't tolerate this unless we were now allowed to trade cross-server, which has been a pain to helping others for quite a while. "here have some buff food-oh wait nevermind, darn cross realm."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    There is a "tax" on auctions. How else do you think Spirit Healers are financed, and even for non-lethal injuries you see the automatic health care at work. In Real Life, you couldn't heal completely in 1-2min after falling down a cliff.
    There's secretly an Azerothian Health Care system made up of gnomes and goblins with shrinking and invisibility potions working tirelessly to provide your "automatic" health regeneration. Somebody's gotta pay them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Many other MMO's have this feature. Why not WoW?

Auction house goods are being taxed at a rate of 5%, and so should services. Since a greater portion of the economy now involves services such as carry runs, it is now time for service providers to pay their fair share of tax, just as goods sellers do.

I propose that when a player trades gold to another player, there should be a fee of 4% on the gold traded, slightly lower than the AH fee. This would not only combat inflation but also keep in line with existing taxes in game.

Do you think WoW needs a tax on services like this?
    List these 'many other' MMOs that do this. Where do you propose these 'taxes' go? Why?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    No. Taxes in real life are to fund services. I don't think there is an issue with healthcare provisions or infrastructure maintenance in Azeroth requiring this money.
    Have you seen Blasted Lands? It's an infrastructure emergency over there.

- - - Updated - - -

all taxation is theft so no.
    I changed my view just now. If a libertarian disagrees with this, then I agree
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-02-21 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way..

I just think Blizzard should try to get rid of paid carries..

750K for a Heroic Ny'alothia carry? Who the fuck pays that kind of money? It's more money than I have on my main.
    Paid carries are fine. It is one of the luxuries of being wealthy in the game. I personally have never had the gold for such a thing and I don't know if I'd ever want to do that. It'd ruin the experience of team work and the struggle of going after something and earning it.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt stuff just get 5% more expensive?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    And you would use that tax for what? Refurbushing Pandaria?
    Big LOL

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    #WelfareForAzeroth Support your fellow displaced Night Elves. The Alliance is going to build a new tree and the Horde is going to pay for it. The Undercity Communal Clean Up Project. Make Lordaeron Look Great Again. Finally pay the builders. /s

I could do more but no I don't think players should be paying a tax on in-game gold trades.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

found the boomer
    If only boomers understand the use of tax, I fear for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck you on? NO!