Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDjord View Post
    It would not be the worst if there was some form of determenstic way to choose amoung them. Having gotten 3x Void Rituals while every single player i face in Arena Infinite Star or Mindflay. It's another layer of complete RNG of which you got no control whatsoever over. It's such a huge and unfair advantage there is absoulotly no control over what you're going to get. It's extremely demoralising, loosing games due to the fact that you were 'unlucky' with the loot yet another week. Infinite stars topping dps for the opponent and there if nothing whatsoever you can do about it.

I love to PvP but i can't play that part of the game that i enjoy the most because i have to spend all my time in King's Rest and pray for a Sword. 14 runs (and 7 bonus rolls) and counting.

Yeah great system.
    RNG and time gates will never disappear, they are the only quick ways they can think and deliver to keep you subbed the longest possible.

From my ultra casual tankish point of view, where ilvl > all, it’s better having often a randomish 470 than a bis I can choose by myself but that requires ages to get due to tons of material to farm in some surely gated way.

Aa far as gearing goes, its definitely up there, considering it works in pvp.

Be glad its in the end of the expac and not the middle

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I see the good and bad in it. The idea is actually quite fun in my opinion, however the implementation needs some help.

What I like
    - Different effects that help you customize your gameplay. Maybe I'm lucky but I've picked about about a dozen pieces and most of them have different effects.
    - Non-deterministic loot. I think some level of RNG in a rpg is good and interesting. Going back to playing tabletop games, we never knew what loot a mob was going to drop and that made it kind of exciting.

What I don't like
    - It's completely uncapped. It should have been limited to wearing a few pieces as they did with the Legiondaries.
    - The corruption effects disproportionately affect less mobile classes. As a lock, I can cloak one, demonic circle every 30s and port every min. Yesterday I was out of tricks and had two Things from Beyond spawn on me at the same time. That did not go well.
    - RNG is too much. At the very least, it should not have different tiers of each corruption.

Is ther possible to remove Corrution ???

This video sums up a lot of what I'm thinking;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86A9s_IEQg

( it's not WoW MMO anymore but a ARPG like Diablo instead )
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-02-21 at 06:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it shit? Yes

Is it the worst? No

That would be AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    This video sums up a lot of what I'm thinking;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86A9s_IEQg

( it's not WoW MMO anymore but a ARPG like Diablo instead )
    Bellular is a pathetic clown with fake outrage, clickbaity titles, atrociously aggressive thumbnails

The best way to discredit yourself is saying that you agree with this joke who makes a living shitting on WoW

And if you REALLY think corruption (despite all its flaws, the system is far from perfect) is the worst idea ever for WoW, you either have the memory of a fish, or need to reevaluate your judgement.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-21 at 07:08 PM.

It's a fantastic idea, but as usual they executed it wrong. The positive effects should not have been so powerful, and the negative effects need an internal cooldown. You can literally have them chain spawn on you and the result is you just dying.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It’s the worst gearing system they’ve added to me, actually the main reason why I unsubbed for this tier (CE Raider).

How many more "opinion I confused with fact" posts about the same thing should we expect from you, OP? This makes 2 in as many days.

Are you gonna go for the hat trick?

Edit: Oh wait... this post is literally just copy/paste from your other low effort post about the same thing. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Mardux; 2020-02-21 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimatez View Post
    It’s the worst gearing system they’ve added to me, actually the main reason why I unsubbed for this tier (CE Raider).
    Totally agree.

I love it when dmg comes from passive things, makes it so you pretty much can just do "Stuff" and you still do decent dmg, Mutes the need for a rotation a bit a makes the game more fun when you don't have to think or manage too much stuff.

Basiclly the more they remove the need for player "skill" the better.

It's shit but still not as bad as legiondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The one thing I like about corruption is how it is a "thing of the moment". Its not an expansion long feature, its just the way they did it for this tier. I thing thats a clever approach for them in the long run. It doesnt have to be one way for a hole expansion and it free them to iterate even more.

Compared to the war/titan-forge way its not that much worse. As a single patch feature I´m ok with it. Live and learn and keep things interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy am I the other side of that coin. Loved almost everything about legion.

What didnt you like about it? Was it the fact that it was random which one you got and when? Most people hated not getting the optimal set of legendaries on release hour. But over a long time it was such an amazing spot in the game. I had a set for raiding and one for just questing, also the follower/bodyguard system was waaay better back then too.
    I think its fine as something themeatically like in 8.3. But if they where to flesh this out they need to do something with both the balance and RNG it brings. If not we have another legendary issue like they said they learned from Legion, but they wouldn't learn shit if they made this an whole expansion kind a thing. Tone it down, balance them better and it's fine. Make it utility only or something.

But I agree with the idea of having a patch spesific loot system now and then. And they practically said this is some form of testing so lets see what they learn(lol ) I like the whole visual thing corrupted gear comes with too, lash of the void, twilight devastion etc looks really cool imo. Really fits my Void Elves. I can see why people might not like their humans and orcs going blu though.

The only thing that sucks about Corruption right now is the acquisition rate. I said it before it was released that is conceptually superior to TFing and I still stand by that now. There were balancing issues at first but they've largely subsided after tuning passes. IS is pretty OP, yes, but it's relegated to mostly single target scenarios and overall isn't nearly as broken as forum goers would love to pretend. Make the gear slightly more accessible and less punitive for having "poor" affixes and you have a very good system. It'll be interesting to see how they play with this idea going forward into SL. I'm just thankful TFing is dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's mostly fine. Both of my characters seriously doing content are swimming in corruption options (17 pieces on my Paladin and 15 pieces on my Hunter) and have good choices for them.

If you're lacking corruption options, don't forget that capping conquest weekly is A. a joke (takes less than an hour worth of doing faction assaults in war mode) B. a free source of weekly 445s with guaranteed corruption effects. Between that, mythic+, mythic+ weekly cache, raiding, emissaries, major/minor assault rewards, and (optionally masked) full clears of horrific visions, you should have a decent stockpile of stuff to choose from.

Yeah, there's a lot of RNG. I keep getting Infinite Stars 3 pieces on my Paladin, which is very hard to fit into a set because it is 75 corruption and I've got better options for my main set (Holy). I'd like to get a few Infinite Stars 1 or Infinite Stars 2 pieces for her instead. I'm sure it will happen eventually though.

The Echoing Void nerf was stupid because it didn't target the real issue (scaling with HP meant it was broken for tanks) and now it just sucks for everyone who isn't a tank, while Twilight Devastation is still completely insane for tanks (Twilight Devastation 1 now deals about as much damage as Echoing Void 3 when I'm playing Protection Paladin) and is also very strong for non-tanks.

Also, Infinite Stars looks nice on a damage meter for a 10-minute fight with only 1 target, but add in additional targets or lower the fight duration and it suddenly becomes mediocre at best. It's like literally bottom 5 corruption effects in a heavy AoE situation.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

It was an interesting idea, but I have some problems with it.

1. Some of the corruption traits are way too powerful and you get punished more than ever if you don't get the best ones.
    2. Doing harder content is not rewarding enough.
    * First week I did a +15 and got 475 legs with the worst rank of echoing void. A rogue in the guild did a +7 and got a ring with the best rank of infinite stars.
    * Second week I did a +13 and got a 470 boots with 5 % leech. Someone in the guild did an emissary and got 18 % twilight devastation (he didn't even do a+5).
    * Third week I did a +13 and got a 470 one handed mace with the worst rank of twilight devastatiion. Meanwhile, someone again got the 18 % one from shit content.

How is that rewarding? It feels like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It fits in perfectly with BfA; yet another half ass system that’s seasonal and won’t be in next season.

The game is more diablo 3 than wow classic
    this x 1000

Personnaly,

I believe the titanforge system was a verry negative thing for a verry long time,
    and it gets removed, and you get this system for it back, timing is just sad..

Cause, seriously the corruption system is okay. sure it needs some tweaks here and there, but for a PATCH type of thing (like the end with NZOTH) is fine. As long as the following patch it's gone. Could add some fun flavor for the end of a expansion, But having to deal with such systems for years is just not a great approach..

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever? Probably not. They will amaze you.