Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No essences bullshit
    Alt friendly xpansion
    Removing RNG bullshit like corruption/titanforging
    Let me buy and upgrade gear via valor points. At least that way I wont feel like I just wasted time running dungeon and getting absolutely nothing at end of the dungeon

Pretty much love it at a glance, but it needs a bit more thought into it I think. How should it work in the span of an entire expansion for one? If all gear got the same sockets from the get go and all the other stuff, it seems a bit pointless to me. I like my gear getting cooler as I venture into expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It doesnt make old content engaging, it makes old content necessary.
    And as true as it is that i somewhat enjoyed my weekly runs of Emerald Nightmare in Legion, i don't think it was a good idea.
    I mean, not necessarily (and btw. I didn't say engaging). If you can farm your points by doing old raids or just through dailies/arenas/BGs whatever you aren't exactly forced to do any specific content - you just have to play the game. So, using your example you could run Emerald Nightmare for your currency cap but you could just as well queue some arenas, or play some BGs. I mean, this is kinda what they wanted to do with AP and titanforging. Validate older content by giving you some form of reward that progresses your character (even if only slightly). As long as it's capped it doesn't have the downside of these systems though because it just provides different options to fill the same bar and therefor gives the player more choice in how they want to approach the game (which is something that got lost with Legion/BfA).
    Of course, your main source of power would still come from arena/raids/whatever in the form of gear but you'd be able to upgrade it by playing any type of content you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

Feel free to flame me as you see fit!
    While I like it, it feels wrong to have someone who plays normal a lot be as geared as someone who plays mythic. (I'm not a mythic raider so this is not an "entitled elite" post)

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to be frank, but this is too complicated for Wow's base.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Not to be frank, but this is too complicated for Wow's base.
    We've had all these things before and they were much easier to understand than the gear systems we've had post MOP.

"Not to be frank" made me LOL

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't mind your system. Upgrading gear is fine to me if you can actually work towards it. Titanforge bonuses just being the fact you don't need to spend resources on an upgrade would be a good system.

Take existing BS and stack it on gear?

Eat shit is the most polite way I can respond.

Delete the "Proc RNG" part.

You do HC and get HC, do MYTH and get MYTH, stop this retard welfare system.

10+ Year Old Account

it looks great. would every aspect roll on every piece, i.e. sockets and set bonus?

also, if this ever was implemented: the playerbase would have to let go of the rage. completely.

that one frost dk in your guild is killing your dps because he got lucky or worked for good gear? good for him!
    three players of the same class with the same specs don't do 100% the same damage even if sims would suggest otherwise? that's wild, they are skilled or a bit lucky!

if everyone could accept that there always will be outliers and blizzard would play it safe and create bosses and later slap a flat 20% hitpoints on them to account for skill and luck, we would have a much wider ranger of goofy specs, set bonus, sockets and gems and creative playstyles.

but the community cannot do that. so i will do what i do as a casual: get gear, sim the upgrades, take the recommended talents and play how someone said i should play. sad, but safe for blizzard and us.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Well, we already had these kind of systems in the past. And the grind wasn't a problem as long as your class and specc were fun to play and you could get the badges and ressources you needed for upgrades from parts of the game you enjoyed. Like people who loved PvP could upgrade their items by doing PvP. Same goes for PvE and so forth.

But appaerently all these older systems are so incredibly bad and sub par to the current cancer they design.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    it looks great. would every aspect roll on every piece, i.e. sockets and set bonus?
    No I just used this as an example of "the perfect storm" , an item with everything on it.

Some item slots (not items, slots. Like rings for example) could have two possible sockets or even none.

The set bonus slots would only exist on one of the 5 pieces, in this example I assume chests but it could just as easily be helms. The downside is that that piece then is mandatory for your sets but I think that the added flexibility to pick your bonuses yourself makes up for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Well, we already had these kind of systems in the past. And the grind wasn't a problem as long as your class and specc were fun to play and you could get the badges and ressources you needed for upgrades from parts of the game you enjoyed. Like people who loved PvP could upgrade their items by doing PvP. Same goes for PvE and so forth.

But appaerently all these older systems are so incredibly bad and sub par to the current cancer they design.
    Yes if you listen to Travis Days' GDC talk on rewards it's apparent that he wants to apologize for all non RNG gear systems and believe that they created the plague or something with the older systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I just used this as an example of "the perfect storm" , an item with everything on it.

Some item slots (not items, slots. Like rings for example) could have two possible sockets or even none.

The set bonus slots would only exist on one of the 5 pieces, in this example I assume chests but it could just as easily be helms. The downside is that that piece then is mandatory for your sets but I think that the added flexibility to pick your bonuses yourself makes up for that.
    sound good and flexible. i like the chance to roll a heroic or even m+ item. would you be able to roll m+ while doing world content (small chance) or is everything considered normal with capped heroic and everything heroic can proc m+?

also, i didn't read the whole thread. what about reforging? i'd love a reforging 2.0 with lesser limitations like the old system. i'm sick and tired of hoarding a lot of items just for the off-chance that the stat priority could change or that another spec of mine gets a buff and i have to gather gear again.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    sound good and flexible. i like the chance to roll a heroic or even m+ item. would you be able to roll m+ while doing world content (small chance) or is everything considered normal with capped heroic and everything heroic can proc m+?

also, i didn't read the whole thread. what about reforging? i'd love a reforging 2.0 with lesser limitations like the old system. i'm sick and tired of hoarding a lot of items just for the off-chance that the stat priority could change or that another spec of mine gets a buff and i have to gather gear again.
    I saw it as doing the easiest content available would earn you the base item but it could always proc one iLvl above it so 1/3 for world quests. It could also roll any number of sockets but more than 1 would be very rare.

You could probably make items upgradable more times than 3 but have each upgrade be smaller to account for m+. For example you could do 1/6 instead and have each upgrade equal 5 iLvls. Normal would come prerolled with 2/6, heroic 4/6 and mythic 6/6. M+ could roll like this:
    M+ 1-3: 1/6
    M+ 4-6: 2/6
    M+ 7-8: 3/6
    M+ 9-10: 4/6
    Weekly Cache Max: 6/6

I have nothing against reforging so I'd love to see it return. It could be a bit much to have both reforging and a bunch of gems and enchants though, you could end up with insane amounts of a single secondary stat that way.

Old socket system, yes.
    Valor upgrade, no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, maybe something like this, but the MoP upgrade system, no no and no.

I saw it as doing the easiest content available would earn you the base item but it could always proc one iLvl above it so 1/3 for world quests. It could also roll any number of sockets but more than 1 would be very rare.

You could probably make items upgradable more times than 3 but have each upgrade be smaller to account for m+. For example you could do 1/6 instead and have each upgrade equal 5 iLvls. Normal would come prerolled with 2/6, heroic 4/6 and mythic 6/6. M+ could roll like this:

I have nothing against reforging so I'd love to see it return. It could be a bit much to have both reforging and a bunch of gems and enchants though, you could end up with insane amounts of a single secondary stat that way.

This topic makes me cry because I know it will never come true...

10+ Year Old Account

or you could get too mathematically by introducing a budget with a scale by which sockets and reforgable stats are limited to a certain amount. meh.

While I agree with old school sockets, more enchants and upgradable gear pieces, I strongly disagree with the return of class sets. If the game had the opportunity to bring multiple "builds" (more like optimizations I guess) with BFA, it's because we didn't had item sets taht were more than 2 items.

I don't think you should have a class set unless you have multiples sets this expansion, and they all bring a different gameplay for your spec (but that's way too much work for Blizzard compared to azerite traits).

I also disagree with normal items being upgradable to mythic. That's how you make mythic raiding useless.

Not super on topic but talking about gear. I hope that next time there is a catch up mechanic for gear, they don't make it drop cloth/leather/mail/plate tokens. I hope it drops a "shoulder token" for whatever class you want to use it on. This 8.3 crap is annoying. I have so many cloth and mail pieces for classes I don't play. I have yet to see a ring or trinket drop and there is again no weapon/offhand (last I checked. Could be wrong).

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Not super on topic but talking about gear. I hope that next time there is a catch up mechanic for gear, they don't make it drop cloth/leather/mail/plate tokens. I hope it drops a "shoulder token" for whatever class you want to use it on. This 8.3 crap is annoying. I have so many cloth and mail pieces for classes I don't play. I have yet to see a ring or trinket drop and there is again no weapon/offhand (last I checked. Could be wrong).
    Yeah that's a weird decision. I kind of suspect it's one of three things:

1) It was designed BEFORE the Azshara content, so uses the older design. Unlikely I think.

2) It was designed by a different team to the Azshara content, and before that came out, and they took a different, older, approach. Possible, I'd say.

3) It's intentional and is designed to encourage people to play and gear up new alts (or very old ones), rather than gearing up currently-played or recently-played (as in post-8.1) characters. I suspect this is the most likely, given we've got a while until the expansion.