Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I fear it will end up being completely dogshit. They parted ways with the characters a long time ago, there's no going back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    lets see how this turns out but good news

Uhg I cant wait for this!

I watched friends as every other teenager on my age did, but I cant recall this show being so amazing.

Talk about wasted airtime.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Dear god.
    *Laugh track*

*Puke*
    *Laugh track*

What a horrible show.
    *Audience scowl*

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It's not a new show, it's just a 1 hour special where they talk about the show.
    Even if it was a show, it would be a disasater before it hit the fan. Friends as a series could never happen today with Hollywood climate the way it is.

1. They're all white, all of them - that will offend the diversity crowd
    2. None of them are LGBT - that would kick off a huge stink from that community
    3. If they changed the format and decided to "modernise it" - all the original fans would cry blue murder and hate the show cos they changed it.

It's a lose lose situation from a logical point of view and the studios won't go ahead. Cos they live by public opinion and they listen to internet trolls,.

Attempting to force discussion into forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-03-28 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The One Where Everyone's Old"

But I do miss me some Phoebe.

edit: If Joey bangs Emma, that'd be hilarious.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2020-03-28 at 07:25 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Prinky Doodsie View Post
    The Friends series ended on a high note, and I hope that this reunion would not disappoint. All we know is that there will be a reunion, but in what form? No one knows yet. As someone who enjoyed the series, I am just excited to see them complete again in one frame.
    I always felt it degraded around season 7 - when the Flanderization of characters like Joey was coming around. That's what part of me thinks might happen with this - just a short, canned release of tropes/jokes about their characters rather than what the show was about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    People really care about this? You are aware this isn't a new sitcom, it is just going to be a single unscripted special with them sitting around talking about the show.
    Its supposed to be them doing a table reading not an unscripted special. The Nanny is doing the same thing here very soon with all the cast getting together via a Zoom type setting and reading a script via webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Read my above comment.

My sister who's like 7 years older than I am used to watch this in the 90's and I'm sure even she won't give a shit. Let me know when Ed O'neil is done with that piece of shit show with Sofia Vergara and they do a Married With Children reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Should be interesting but...Friends is so very iconically 90s. I really wonder if it would have the same charm trying to be modern.
    Get some forced "fam" and other terms like that in there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Its supposed to be them doing a table reading not an unscripted special. The Nanny is doing the same thing here very soon with all the cast getting together via a Zoom type setting and reading a script via webcam.
    Nothing I have read about the Friends special mentions a table read of any sort. Every single one calls it an unscripted special.

Very first sentence here calls it an "unscripted reunion":
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...bo-max-1285276

It has been delayed as well btw. It was supposed to film next week and then air in May but that obviously isn't happening now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Let me know when Ed O'neil is done with that piece of shit show with Sofia Vergara and they do a Married With Children reunion.
    Man why you gotta mess with my emotions like that and get me excited over something that's highly unlikely (but much wanted) to happen?!?!? I remember Sunday night watching that on the local Fox station at 11pm laying in my bed when I was supposed to be asleep :-(

Man why you gotta mess with my emotions like that and get me excited over something that's highly unlikely (but much wanted) to happen?!?!? I remember Sunday night watching that on the local Fox station at 11pm laying in my bed when I was supposed to be asleep :-(
    Highly unlikely but not impossible, FOX just needs to want to do it. All the actors are alive and well and I'm sure everyone outside of Ed would love the paycheck. I'm still holding out hope it could happen, there's no reason why it wouldn't. No one has bad blood with the network or among themselves, they're all alive and in good health and it would create some buzz for FOX. The only reason I think they haven't done it is because of his continued involvement with Modern Family and they don't want to take the spotlight from their current show by highlighting an old show the same actor happened to be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really care about these reunion shows? I am not talking about when they actually bring a series back but the ones like the Friends one where it is just the cast sitting around talking about what it was like to be on the series. Hell, even the times when they revive a series have mostly been crap from what I have heard. Rosanne, Will and Grace, Full House, and even the X-Files were all pretty bad I believe. I am guessing that even if they were able to actually bring Married with Children back it would be pretty lame.
    Highly unlikely but not impossible, FOX just needs to want to do it. All the actors are alive and well and I'm sure everyone outside of Ed would love the paycheck. I'm still holding out hope it could happen, there's no reason why it wouldn't. No one has bad blood with the network or among themselves, they're all alive and in good health and it would create some buzz for FOX. The only reason I think they haven't done it is because of his continued involvement with Modern Family and they don't want to take the spotlight from their current show by highlighting an old show the same actor happened to be in.
    Modern Family is also an ABC series so I doubt FOX would want to give any promotion to them, even inadvertently.

Modern Family is also an ABC series so I doubt FOX would want to give any promotion to them, even inadvertently.
    Oh, it is? I thought it was FOX since I've seen it run on FOX. I don't really watch it, so I really had no idea, but that still makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the actors are alive and well and I'm sure everyone outside of Ed would love the paycheck.
    With the exception of David Faustino who played Bud, they all have had very good success after Married With Children ended. Faustino has been working regularly but not to the same success as the other 3. Celebritynetworth has him listed as being worth 6million though. I don't think any of them are in need of a reunion paycheck.

Rosanne, Will and Grace, Full House, and even the X-Files were all pretty bad I believe.
    Will & Grace sucked to me when it was first on the air and the reunion show too (I'm gay and say that so that should tell you how much I didn't care for it lol). Fuller House was mildly successful but nowhere near how successful Full House was. I refused to watch it because I can't stand Candice Cameron because of her religious views & other statements she's made about women in the past. Didn't even know X-Files had one. The Rosanne reboot and follow up Conners reboot are very successful and very entertaining. I was worried when they kicked Rosanne off the show that it would not be as good but I think it didn't lose anything. My boyfriend & I watch it every week.

Oh, it is? I thought it was FOX since I've seen it run on FOX. I don't really watch it, so I really had no idea, but that still makes sense.
    You're seeing it on Fox because of syndication. My local Fox carries it too on their channel at 7 & 7:30 M-F.