Hatching of the Hippogryphs

Hatching of the Hippogryphs Live
    Hatching of the Hippogryphs is a micro-holiday that allows players to witness the hatching of hippogryphs in Feralas. This event runs through February 23.

• This event takes place in the Frayfeather Highlands in Feralas.
    • You can stand near an egg for a short while to keep it warm so that it hatches.
    • Once an egg hatches, you have a baby hippogryph on your shoulder for one day.
    • You can kill Lorthalium to obtain a Spectral Feather, which will keep your hippogryph around for five days.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-02-23 at 10:46 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    it's a cool event, sadly these mini events don't really get much attention anymore.

@Yuli, agreed. Maybe if they added a bit more too it, like helping them migrate or something *shrug*

no rewards = no participation, I wonder who didn't think of this

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    They were never meant to have rewards, and are for people just wanting something else to do at times. That's how they were implemented and sold from the start.

They're working as intended, in other words. The major holidays are the ones with participation awards.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    it's a cool event, sadly these mini events don't really get much attention anymore.
    When did they ever? Activision implemented them without any actual reward for participation then acts surprised when no one participates

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    When did they ever? Activision implemented them without any actual reward for participation then acts surprised when no one participates
    They could've given them some semi-permanent buff instead of your typical vanity goodies associated with major events for participating.

Such as simple 5% Rep or XP boost for a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Blizzard implemented them, not Activision, and Blizzard is not surprised that they have a low engagement because this is exactly how they designed them. It is sad when people need to twist the littlest things into hate/biased misinformation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm surprised you can't buy in the cash shop some kind of feed that lets you keep the sweet, little, low-poly, minimum effort Hatchling for longer!

I really do not understand why people dont like these. For a few minutes of "work" you get a little cute birdie thingie on your shoulder for most of the week. It does some emotes too as to not be fully static.
    This is one of those cases where Blizzard did tell bullshit at advertising, they are exactly what they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the right term to describe the mini-holidays is "quaint".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    It may be hard to believe but some people play games just for the fun of playing them. Why does everything you do in wow need a permanent reward?

It's so incredibly easy to miss these. I wish it was just a little more obvious than the calendar, like some special glow around its button or something. Or if there is, it hasn't alerted me yet. :P

Always fun to have this little guy and Pepe hanging out with you at the same time.

People always claims "no one does these" whenever a micro-holiday is mentioned. But I have yet to go do one and not see at least a handful of people engaging in it at any given time. Sure, there's not as much as you'd see during one of the normal holidays, but there's still people. Just because you aren't interested in them, doesn't mean no one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    It's so incredibly easy to miss these. I wish it was just a little more obvious than the calendar, like some special glow around its button or something. Or if there is, it hasn't alerted me yet. :P
    I was replying to the three first posters that didn't understand why there was no higher participation on these mini events. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They were never meant to have rewards, and are for people just wanting something else to do at times. That's how they were implemented and sold from the start.

They're working as intended, in other words. The major holidays are the ones with participation awards.
    Then you do it once and the next 9 years skip it.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

no one cares or will do this event unless we get something out of it like a mount or pet

I think the correct term to explain the mini-holidays is "quaint".