Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well at least we only need 2/3/4 runs on each rank. Better than 3/6/9. I'd say they already nerfed it pretty hard.

I'd rather they buff the coalescing vision drops from daily vision (5k for first, 3k after) and then buff them from the objectives + rep buff.

Agreed. I wasn't looking forward to hoarding vessels to just hoard for later. At least now we can use them as we get them and still have enough on the weeks it is needed through the activities. For instance, today was able to help a friend with theirs since they are behind and their dps is terrible (normally healer) so we were able to knock it out and 5 chest it. Granted I did all the work and they stayed alive for the bosses they needed to, but its something I wouldn't have been able to do before if I wanted to make sure I had enough vessels for later.
    Yeah, helped a couple in guild myself and while that's just being nice and all, it do punish you for being nice if we can put it that way :P

Only needing 1 on main tomorrow and saved last week progress on some alts. I really start to think we are getting to a point where Horrific Visions and it's acquisition is in a decent spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, helped a couple in guild myself and while that's just being nice and all, it do punish you for being nice if we can put it that way :P

Only needing 1 on main tomorrow and saved last week progress on some alts. I really start to think we are getting to a point where Horrific Visions and it's acquisition is in a decent spot.
    Well mine only punished me in the sense I couldn't do a mask run. But the runs I helped was for Rank 11. I saw Rank 12 was for 1 hard wing and that's it so I went in solo with a mask. Managed to 5 chest it with 1 mask on. So yeah, kind of punished, but kind of not because now I'm sitting on 5 vessels until next week. That's now counting the rest of the week activities (did both assaults today).

Well mine only punished me in the sense I couldn't do a mask run. But the runs I helped was for Rank 11. I saw Rank 12 was for 1 hard wing and that's it so I went in solo with a mask. Managed to 5 chest it with 1 mask on. So yeah, kind of punished, but kind of not because now I'm sitting on 5 vessels until next week. That's now counting the rest of the week activities (did both assaults today).
    Yeah, that's what I think too now after this change. I was actually behind, as in not having the cloak upgrade ready at reset day, but now it feels better because of the nerf and the fact you only need one lost zone for the cloak upgrade. And that cloak upgrade is kinda nice too, so more mask runs this week. I've heard its not circle stun either this week, and it's Ogrimmar so it can be a nice week to try 5 masks.

Well at least we only need 2/3/4 runs on each rank. Better than 3/6/9. I'd say they already nerfed it pretty hard.

I'd rather they buff the coalescing vision drops from daily vision (5k for first, 3k after) and then buff them from the objectives + rep buff.
    If you only have one toon it's fine, but if you like to play alts it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    If you only have one toon it's fine, but if you like to play alts it's horrible.
    It's still not that bad overall. In fact, its better for alts the way it is now as you'll need less. As long as you do the main three assaults each week you should be fine on vessels for the quests. You might have to supplement here and there with some daily visions, but still nowhere near as bad as it is. Sure it could be easier, but we are in a lot better place than before.

Vessel don't stack. What. the. fuck.

It's still not that bad overall. In fact, its better for alts the way it is now as you'll need less. As long as you do the main three assaults each week you should be fine on vessels for the quests. You might have to supplement here and there with some daily visions, but still nowhere near as bad as it is. Sure it could be easier, but we are in a lot better place than before.
    My problem is doing 4 horrific runs to get a simple cloak upgrade, not getting vessels. Last week I wasted a lot of time doing that before blizz changed it, it was horrible.

I don't understand all these people complaining about the "grind". What in the hell are you doing while you play ? I literally only did dailies in Uldum every day (skipped a few) and the Vale ones I do maybe once or twice a week, combined with completing the assaults, and I'm at rank 11 without any "grind". Playing normally for 1-2 hours a day that is.

I get the feeling that all these people who are complaining play 1-2 hours per week and then whine on the forums "WhY Do I HaVe To PlAy ThIs MuCh, GiVe Me StUfF FoR FrEEEEEEEE".

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    I don't understand all these people complaining about the "grind". What in the hell are you doing while you play ? I literally only did dailies in Uldum every day (skipped a few) and the Vale ones I do maybe once or twice a week, combined with completing the assaults, and I'm at rank 11 without any "grind". Playing normally for 1-2 hours a day that is.

I get the feeling that all these people who are complaining play 1-2 hours per week and then whine on the forums "WhY Do I HaVe To PlAy ThIs MuCh, GiVe Me StUfF FoR FrEEEEEEEE".
    All I've done is literally the assaults, sometimes I'll do the dailies while doing the assaults. Other than that maybe 2-3 vision dailies and still had enough for my cloak. Part of the problem was later on when you had to grind up enough vessels to do 9 runs in one week for your upgrade and/or you couldn't hoard the vessels making it so you couldn't run masks for practice and such. The change also effectively allows catchup for those who didn't play during particular weeks or mess with their alts. In some cases, like myself, allowed me to use my vessels to help some friends catchup without feeling like I'm losing progress. So it's not a matter of grinding, but quality of life for some.

You do understand that something that "takes only 1-2 hours a day" for 1-toon player suddenly can take 5+ hours a day for person with multiple alts?

Tbh they just buffed the amount of coalescing essences AGAIN so it seems the problem wasn't as "imaginary" as some people claim, otherwise there wouldn't be any change if all of it was "baseless whine".

I play 2 characters in 8.3. In 7.3 I played 7 (played meaning geared them and did end game content, not counting order hall table slaves). Spot the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I hope they also make vessels stacks.
    They don't have the technology for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Next step: account-wide Essences, or at least severe buffs to Essence acquisition for alts.
    "We are dropping 9.0 on August 23, 2020! Also Heart of Azeroth essences are now BoA" - Blizzard (probably)
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It’s not an opinion though... it’s literal fact.

The game was never this grindy, FACT.

Proof -

WotLK 3.3.5 - hit 80, dungeon grind for a day or so and buy T9 with emblems, off pieces at 228/232 from ICC HCs = ICC 10 ready in less than a few days.

BfA 8.3 - hit 120, head to Naz to get neck to 50. Go into 8.3 content, struggle through and get your cape. Start doing WQs to get enough gear to do heroic dungeons, get enough gear to do M+. Get to 430/445 to start doing Ny’alotha normal.

There’s more! Neck required to be at 75 for any guild worth anything. Essences required, with most classes needing to spend 8 days in Nazhatar for Lucid Dreams rank 2.

We’re not even taking into account corrupted Gear...

F A C T

If the gating was gone, this game would be so much better.
    Holy double standards batman. You don't even need good Essences to get into Normal, which is very much the equivalent of ICC 10. You'll automatically get Crucible to a decent rank, and don't need to do much to get some good essences at least rank 1 like Condensed Life-Force or Focusing Iris.

I mean, yes, the essence grind on alt is too long, but you're blowing it way out of proportion. Nobody in fucking Normal is inspecting your essences, and the tuning doesn't require rank 3 of Lucid Dreams, Blood of the Enemy and Worldvein or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You do understand that something that "takes only 1-2 hours a day" for 1-toon player suddenly can take 5+ hours a day for person with multiple alts?

Tbh they just buffed the amount of coalescing essences AGAIN so it seems the problem wasn't as "imaginary" as some people claim, otherwise there wouldn't be any change if all of it was "baseless whine".

I play 2 characters in 8.3. In 7.3 I played 7 (played meaning geared them and did end game content, not counting order hall table slaves). Spot the difference.
    "StUpId BlIzZaRd, Me WaNtS PlAy 9 ChArAcTeRs, Me No HeV TiMe, PlIs nErF". What in the hell is this mentality, nobody is making you play multiple characters (unless you're in a WF guild, which I doubt that you are. You not having enough time to play multiple characters is not the reason to nerf the "grind". If you couldn't get it on even one character in normal play time, now that would be an issue. But this is just you acting stupid, no offense.

All I've done is literally the assaults, sometimes I'll do the dailies while doing the assaults. Other than that maybe 2-3 vision dailies and still had enough for my cloak. Part of the problem was later on when you had to grind up enough vessels to do 9 runs in one week for your upgrade and/or you couldn't hoard the vessels making it so you couldn't run masks for practice and such. The change also effectively allows catchup for those who didn't play during particular weeks or mess with their alts. In some cases, like myself, allowed me to use my vessels to help some friends catchup without feeling like I'm losing progress. So it's not a matter of grinding, but quality of life for some.
    I understand that without the changes, later upgrades would be painful af, getting 18 of them would indeed suck. I agree with that and the fact that its a good catch up mechanic, I'm not disputing that.

But we haven't reached that point yet. Up to now, it was easily obtainable with minimal play time yet people were complaining and whining that the grind is too painful, not that the grind will become more painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the change to Horrific Visions....

Last week, R10 to R11 required 4 runs to complete. Essences was capped at 5 and you could have currency for 2 more.
    This week, R11 to R12 requires 1 run to complete. Essences are NOT capped anymore, and you can still hold currency for 2 more.

This means, you use a lot less essences, but they still take up one slot each! Why not make them stack or increase currency cap, so we don't need to buy them all the time and waste more and more bag space?
    And why remove the cap of 5, when you lower the requirement for essence?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

But this is just you acting stupid, no offense.
    How is it acting stupid when playing alts could be a major reason to have fun in wow? I played 6 characters in wotlk in ICC patch and raided on all of them. And I enjoyed the game. I played multiple alts on last patch of MOP, WOD and Legion too. So a playstyle that was valid for 10 years is now nerfed and people are "stupid" just because they want to continue doing what they always did in a cycle of an expansion, namely enjoying alts on the last patch of each xpac? Why is your playstyle more valid than everyone else's? Nobody "needs" to do anything in this game but we'd like to do it because it's fun, however the design prevents us from it. And when people can't have fun, they tend to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I would bet money that within a week of this going live they make the vessels stackable, if they don't include that in another note before it goes live.
    They did it with the critter-brainwashing crystals but not with the hidden treasure finding stones so I'd say it's a coin toss.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How is it acting stupid when playing alts could be a major reason to have fun in wow? I played 6 characters in wotlk in ICC patch and raided on all of them. And I enjoyed the game. I played multiple alts on last patch of MOP, WOD and Legion too. So a playstyle that was valid for 10 years is now nerfed and people are "stupid" just because they want to continue doing what they always did in a cycle of an expansion, namely enjoying alts on the last patch of each xpac? Why is your playstyle more valid than everyone else's? Nobody "needs" to do anything in this game but we'd like to do it because it's fun, however the design prevents us from it. And when people can't have fun, they tend to quit.
    Where did I ever state that my playstyle is more valid than yours ? Stop making stuff up.

You can still play your alts, I do too mate, and have been ever since I started playing. I am not calling you "stupid" because you want to play alts but because you want certain content nerfed because it "takes too long" on multiple characters. You obviously don't have enough time to play those characters my friend, and because you don't, you want the "grind" to be nerfed.

Are you not seeing the dumbness in this ? It's like protesting "Oh I don't work enough hours to have enough money to buy X, they have to make X cost less!!!".

The solution to your "problem" is simple, you either have to put in more time to be able to play those alts, or you have to play fewer alts. Simple as that.
    The things you would like to do do not approve of you wanting to change the game to suite to your needs. Hell, I would like a long boi, I've been collecting mounts since WotLK but sadly I don't have enough time to farm 5mil gold. Am I supposed to go and make a post now screaming :"stoopid blizzard reduce the cost because I can't play enough to get enough money to buy it, nerf nerf nerf!!" ?.