Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Question is how much more CVs drop. Needs to be around 5 times higher (so weekly give you around 5 attempts) for it to actually be worthwhile. Heck, dailies should be around 15 times higher (3k cv a daily) so you can get an attempt with 3 dailies or so. Gate the loot so it won't be op and let us have fun in your new feature.

This is either a catch up mechanic, or a sign that Blizzard is seeing significant numbers of people just not doing this content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Utterly incredible how many people in this thread can't comprehend that the timing is 100% intended, and no, it isn't "scummy" or anything you call it, it is a simple catch up mechanic for alts, nothing more. They do these things VERY often, introduce a nerf to things after they are already completed by certain players, in order to make them easier for others. Funny how people love to complain how "alt unfriendly" this expansion is, and yet, when Blizzard makes changes to help alts...people still bitch and moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Question is how much more CVs drop. Needs to be around 5 times higher (so weekly give you around 5 attempts) for it to actually be worthwhile. Heck, dailies should be around 15 times higher (3k cv a daily) so you can get an attempt with 3 dailies or so. Gate the loot so it won't be op and let us have fun in your new feature.
    How about you just talk to Wrathion and he gives you 50 keys for nothing Entitlement through the roof, I swear. If you want something, work for it.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    THIS IS WHAT UNSUBS DO.

Good job people.
    Yup. Good job. Please dont come back if all you'll do is throw a temper tantrum when the game isnt how *you* want it.

The only thing that bothers me is that they apply the pages drop buff straight up to rank 11. So effectively robbing everyone doing full runs of 2 vials I would actually really want those two extra vials next week to work on my 5-mask runs. They could just roll the rank 11 4 page per run feature a week after, would still be a catch-up mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Utterly incredible how many people in this thread can't comprehend that the timing is 100% intended, and no, it isn't "scummy" or anything you call it, it is a simple catch up mechanic for alts, nothing more. They do these things VERY often, introduce a nerf to things after they are already completed by certain players, in order to make them easier for others. Funny how people love to complain how "alt unfriendly" this expansion is, and yet, when Blizzard makes changes to help alts...people still bitch and moan.

How about you just talk to Wrathion and he gives you 50 keys for nothing Entitlement through the roof, I swear. If you want something, work for it.
    Funny how you cant be bothered to read complaints before running your mouth about the wrong shit.

Most people who talk about 8.3 being alt unfriendly are *CLEARLY* talking about the still gated essences.

And btw, your hyperbole only shows just shitty your argument is. Lol

Now please make vessels stack. PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Funny how you cant be bothered to read complaints before running your mouth about the wrong shit.

Most people who talk about 8.3 being alt unfriendly are *CLEARLY* talking about the still gated essences.

No. Thats just you. Only you are crying about the esscences being gated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Blizzard did increase the amount of vessels you can carry. No, they aren’t stackable, but as long as you aren’t some kind of hoarder with full bags it’s not that big of a deal. The nice thing is that with not having a 5 cap limit you can hang onto them for following weeks and get all your runs in on Tuesday and not wait to upgrade your cloak, as well as not having to do runs just to avoid cap.
    Ah, I was still talking about the currency, not the vessels, when talking about how much you can carry. I keep bumping up against the 25.000 limit.

I don't see the "can hoard unlimited Coalescing Visions" note and that's worrying. Unlimited vessels are fine (should have been like that from the very beginning), but I don't want to make endless trips to the chamber. I hope they make vessels into a currency. Stop with the inventory clutter.

Anyways, the conversion from visions to vessels is an annoying middle step that should have never existed. You want to make each Horrific Vision cost 10k Coalescing Visions? Ok, fine, but set it all up as a single step: you go into a Horrific Vision, talk to Wrathion inside, give him 10k Coalescing Visions and presto horrifico, there you go.

This patch should have worked like this:

- The first character you use does the quest chain for the cloak and at the end gets the cloak and unlocks the new activities.
    - Any subsequent character can get the cloak and do the activities from the start (set it up as some kind of N'Zoth memory loss thing), but can do the quest chain when they feel like it.
    - The quest chain opens up portals inside the Chamber of the Heart: Boralus/Dazar'alor, Pandaria and Uldum. BfA capital's portal changes from Silithus to the Chamber (can still go out to Silithus from the teleporter inside the Chamber), and each zone gets portals to the other zones: Chamber to BfA capital, Pandaria and Uldum; BfA capital to Chamber, Pandaria and Uldum; Pandaria to BfA capital, Chamber and Uldum; and Uldum to BfA capital, Chamber and Pandaria. This alone would have made the patch a lot less cumbersome and annoying.
    - Horrific Visions cost just 10k Coalescing Visions (no cap), paid inside the scenario.
    - No daily quests ever again. Either world quests or just fun events and interactables. If you want to cap daily rep so no one can grind it in a day, it can be capped daily (but that cap should grow daily so that it's virtually gone when everyone gets to exalted).

There. The patch would be less of a backwards chore.

Sub ran out yesterday. Blizzard posts this today, good try but no blizzard MAYBE account wide essences when you add them in 2-3 months because subs dropping still.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    So blizzard caves in from that whining of limited horrific visions and coalescing visions.

Shame.
    I suspect they caved not to whining -- there's always whining -- but to Horrific Metrics.

They must be drowning in flop sweat in Irvine these days.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Ah, I was still talking about the currency, not the vessels, when talking about how much you can carry. I keep bumping up against the 25.000 limit.
    Same, but at least with the vessel change we can spend the currency. I agree it would be nice to increase currency though, as it is annoying to make an obligatory trip just to not cap them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

Apparently most = all. You yourself admit that only MOST people complain about essences, so in your own words, there are other complaints related to "alt-unfriendliness", those complaints, especially when talking about 8.3, are either - rep grinds, or, most often, Horrific Visions, and access to them, and the so called "time gates". Now Blizzard did something about those complaints, and the same people STILL bitch.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    How do you not? I hold onto a lot of stuff and I'm practically swimming in bag space.
    right now i do good to have 4-6 slots open, almost full bank, full mats bank. all slots have the largest bag possible..........
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Any sign of any other mob health nerf for tanks inside the vision? I’m really struggling, can barely do 2 minor plus the final boss or 2 minors plus a major.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I hope they also make vessels stacks.
    it seems like they have. If you look at the tooltip it says "Stacks to 20"

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Any sign of any other mob health nerf for tanks inside the vision? I’m really struggling, can barely do 2 minor plus the final boss or 2 minors plus a major.
    What's your gear? My tank is like 440 and melts the mins (blood)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    So blizzard caves in from that whining of limited horrific visions and coalescing visions.

Shame.
    They didn't cave into whining. They already said from the start that there would be catchup mechanics added along the way and this furthers that. While you could get older ranks you were essentially going to be limited by vessels as you get higher. This also helps guilds with their alts getting cloaks to help get them up to progression level in case someone swaps or someone comes back.

Essentially Visions should've never been limited outside the weekly cap. Having the weekly cap is fine as it sets the threshold, but if someone wants to take 50 attempts to get their quest done then why not? This also lets people experiment more, practice more runs, etc. None of this is bad. I would suspect this also is because in part most people avoid Stormwind because you have a higher chance of wasting a vessel on less things than you would Orgrimmar so this gives people the ability to run Stormwind more often without fear of being behind as we are on the needing 8 pages (4 clears, less in next reset) part.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What's your gear? My tank is like 440 and melts the mins (blood)
    My is 454 and does not melt anything (blood too).