Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Death Knights are back to Season 1 trash. DKs are built on a pyramid of past nerfs; this is one of them. Why can't we be allowed to be good at something?

When an ability feels impactful (DS), it has to be nerfed, and plateau'd down to uselessness. No fun allowed.
    yeah, there is quite a history record of nerfing DS, still remember the 20% hp back DS of frost and unholy in cata s10. That was too much and got quickly nerfed in obscurity in s11, perhaps but felt iconic, like a signature of the class, like they might be slow and have no real burst and chain cc like a rogue or mage, cannot reset fights, but at least they can tank some dmg outside of cds, - only if they are not cced and ensared and in melee range of something -

If, people are too stupid to either kite,cc and burst a DK the result can't be that a defensive class ability hurting no one is nerfed by a flat 50%?

DH selfheal isn't far behind and this class has far more mobility and escape mechanics.

Why is a DK not allowed to be better in something over a DH?

And i am maining the DH currently lol seems blizz wants me to continue on that, fine.

3% Enh buff for enh? That's like giving a starving child a grain of rice to say he's fed.

Resto druids already dominate the M+ scene, heaven forbid they aren't an S teir healer in raids.

All this because of a dog shit corruption system. Way over-nerfing DKs imo.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Never said it did - I said one shot, as in - my health went from 460k to 0k instantly (with overkill).

I'm sure he set off some other things before hand (essences, trinkets - who know what).

I'm not saying it is 100% repeatable (crit chance and all).

The other person in guild said his hit was for 600k in an instant.

In addition - this is a recent thing, possibly to do with the corruption effect that resets two last cooldowns.
    One shot literally means killed by one ability. Even if you really meant "globaled" i.e. killed in 1 GCD, that would also require pyroblast + fire blast to kill you without any other abilities. Essences, trinkets, and "who know what" are all on the GCD, which means it would take several GCDs to even set up the kill. It sounds like you just got killed by a fire mage and you're really salty about it.

5% for you! 5% for you too! 5% for the guy over there as well! Some get your good game design choices here!

Zero proper calculation involve. Just nerf by half here, add flat 5% here etc. That's why this game is so unbalanced back in TBC days they used to nerf by specific thing like 2,43% or so. Fuck this dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by shats View Post
    One shot literally means killed by one ability. Even if you really meant "globaled" i.e. killed in 1 GCD, that would also require pyroblast + fire blast to kill you without any other abilities. Essences, trinkets, and "who know what" are all on the GCD, which means it would take several GCDs to even set up the kill. It sounds like you just got killed by a fire mage and you're really salty about it.
    There is no Fire Mage ability that can hit for that amount no matter trinkets or essences. Even the insane 10s burst is composed of many hits and dot damage.
    This guy got burst down, but not one shot. Probably default death recap combined all Pyroblast hits into one line or something and he doesn't have a real damage meter. Fake news either way.

This is the way it should work except if blizzard would be doing buff/nerf patches each 2 weeks. Iterational balancing system is the best.
    But if they just do one and done, then it's retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warlock nerfs are just tasteless. Destro locks are mindnumbingly easy to shut down by most melee classes due to their main damage attached to large cast times and the only thing even barely keeping melee off you till you get peels was the Demon Armor which has been gutted by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    There is no Fire Mage ability that can hit for that amount no matter trinkets or essences. Even the insane 10s burst is composed of many hits and dot damage.
    This guy got burst down, but not one shot. Probably default death recap combined all Pyroblast hits into one line or something and he doesn't have a real damage meter. Fake news either way.
    Why quibble over the minutia? If the end result is the same who cares if he calls it a one shot and you say it was multiple hits. End result is there OP right?

7+ Year Old Account
    why wow balance things are always a joke like this? i mean it doesn't even look that they are trying

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Jesus death strike now heals for so little. This is partly why I got sick of WoW. All the nerfs to abilities for one mode but not the other. Blizzard constantly taking the fun out of the game in the sake of balance too. They talked about never revamping stuff because they didn’t want to confuse players, but most people could never ever tell you what spells or abilities are different in PVP/PVE nor what the differences are. That’s a bad thing.

I know someone above is mocking the game by saying not to use TBC as an example of balance but you know what? Most classes had a run of domination in PVP then in one patch or another. And arenas were extremely fun to watch and follow the scene back then to boot. With websites like WorldofMing dedicated entirely to the scene.

Anyways I can’t speak on how balanced PVP is now. I quit caring two expansions ago.

Oh and by the way, blizzard doesn't balance around mythic. They balance around heroic (if anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    Why quibble over the minutia? If the end result is the same who cares if he calls it a one shot and you say it was multiple hits. End result is there OP right?
    The difference is that in knowing the Fire Mage power is in a 10 seconds 2 minutes cooldown you have solid chances in negating it via defensive, line of sight, range or stealth, depending on your spec's options. Whereas you can't prevent a one shot.
    So the difference is enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Zero proper calculation involve. Just nerf by half here, add flat 5% here etc. That's why this game is so unbalanced back in TBC days they used to nerf by specific thing like 2,43% or so. Fuck this dev team.
    Really? You really take BC as an example of successful balancing? Yes, they did exactly this, but balancing in BC was a clusterfuck. (without any censoring, because it was) The game wasn't even halfway balanced until WotLK, and only if you take out DKs, because in 3.0 dks were simply totally insane. But BC was totally rubbish in terms of balancing. So yes, maybe the x% flat is better than the way they did it in BC.

What about Shadow Priest? SP need balance, in pvp, raíd and M+ sucks... and Firé Mages, BM hunters, DM need a nerf.. if you talk about balance.... do balance

Good thing to see many buffs across the board for many specs. I wonder if this makes any of them slightly more viable now?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    End-tier is always a crap-shoot with stats out the wazoo offering tons of different ways to build and spec out characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Satva View Post
    What about Shadow Priest? SP need balance, in pvp, raíd and M+ sucks... and Firé Mages, BM hunters, DM need a nerf.. if you talk about balance.... do balance
    fire mages and BM yea... DM? Assuming mean DH? No, they're upper mid in PvE at least, can't speak for pvp as it's never been something I did.