Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They were literally called pvp servers and thousands and players played and killed on them with no special rewards.
    As far as i remember people just joined pvp servers because their friends were on it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    As far as i remember people just joined pvp servers because their friends were on it.
    thats true and why so many are happy that wpvp is a toggle feature

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    thats true and why so many are happy that wpvp is a toggle feature
    It's missing proper rewards. PvP specific talents are not a reward. The buff is not enough of an incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    It's missing proper rewards. PvP specific talents are not a reward. The buff is not enough of an incentive.
    imo there shouldn't be any incentives, just wanting to wpvp should be incentive enough, and if not then there just inst enough interest to begin with and no stupidly high reward will get more ppl to participate in it

7+ Year Old Account

Last threads with mostly of same "painful" theme:
    Thread: Flying ruined warmode
    (+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+)

Thread: So, like, what is the actual intended purpose of warmode?
    (+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+)

Neither semantically nor organizationally/technically has anything changed since then... personally, for this topic, I can only say, that reviving something, that (in fact) has never lived
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    +(+/+/+/+/+)
    is such a weird work...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-02-24 at 10:10 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

With todays technology and phasing/sharding, having zones be balanced should be no problem. Those that are part of a dominant faction just have to spend less time in the active warmode zones and be rotated in and out more often.

Having it be unbalanced population wise in todays game, is just a sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Warmode shouldn't have a buff.
    Buff is fine, but should be more related to pvp activities not a flat % extra whatever just for having it on.

What content again is in the game that people do on a regular basis without any reward?
    I would do raids weekly still for 2-4 months until the next one got released without any reward ever.

I would do m+ for a while until they lost their luster and would table m+ until more got added as well.

I would do an infinite number of mage-tower-esq activities if we had them with nothing more than a website to show off my epeen for completing them.

The things I actually enjoy doing in wow are limited, but I don't need a reward to do them. Those activities fall into the same arena as a sport for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Warmode bonuses are simply incentives to get people to play in that mode. If people liked open world PVP mode more there would be no need of them. Blizzard is quite conscientious about propping up game modes that aren't terribly popular. That's their choice of course but it's pretty clear by now that open world PVP is not a popular thing with most people unless you bribe them into it.
    A big problem is the world is far too large for it now. If you look to the earliest versions of the game world pvp happened in 2 or 3 zones for the most parts with small skirmishes popping up here and there. Now just in current content we are stretched out over 10 to 12 zones with almost half of those being phased in a sense to the other faction like Arathi and Dark Shore or zones on the other faction home island. I wish we still had something like the Warden tower WQ and open pvp WQ. You would get pvp there and in the areas around them and knew this if you were looking for some pvp. Now if you are looking for open world pvp you can hunt for hours and find only a handful of ppl that fly off or phase when they see you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I would do raids weekly still for 2-4 months until the next one got released without any reward ever.

I would do m+ for a while until they lost their luster and would table m+ until more got added as well.

I would do an infinite number of mage-tower-esq activities if we had them with nothing more than a website to show off my epeen for completing them.

The things I actually enjoy doing in wow are limited, but I don't need a reward to do them. Those activities fall into the same arena as a sport for me.
    It would be very difficult to find others to do those things with you if they didn't get something shiny in return. That alone would make those things much less fun. Look at how rapidly raid activity drops off as soon as people start getting geared up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It would be very difficult to find others to do those things with you if they didn't get something shiny in return. That alone would make those things much less fun. Look at how rapidly raid activity drops off as soon as people start getting geared up.
    Only reason it's "hard" to find people is because they still have old server restrictions in place to encourage server transfer MTX.

I digress. I'm not someone like blizzard who is concerned with enticing every last person to stay around using the worst, most deplorable marketing tactics in an attempt to milk every last dollar out of a sinking ship.

The game went on a decline, so they scrambled to cater to whoever gave them the best ROI, which... of course... is asian-style gamers. People obsessed with grinding, cosmetics, and infinite power chasing. Mobile phone market. Low skill, high disposable income whales who just want something to zone out to at the end of the day as a distraction from their (likely shitty) real life.

The majority of the player base moved on from one of hundreds of poor decisions made throughout the game's life, OR because they got tired of the same dumb treadmill.

What content again is in the game that people do on a regular basis without any reward?
    What reward do you imagine there was for playing on a pvp server before war mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Only reason it's "hard" to find people is because they still have old server restrictions in place to encourage server transfer MTX.

I digress. I'm not someone like blizzard who is concerned with enticing every last person to stay around using the worst, most deplorable marketing tactics in an attempt to milk every last dollar out of a sinking ship.

The game went on a decline, so they scrambled to cater to whoever gave them the best ROI, which... of course... is asian-style gamers. People obsessed with grinding, cosmetics, and infinite power chasing. Mobile phone market. Low skill, high disposable income whales who just want something to zone out to at the end of the day as a distraction from their (likely shitty) real life.

The majority of the player base moved on from one of hundreds of poor decisions made throughout the game's life, OR because they got tired of the same dumb treadmill.
    You only have that for mythic raid and only for a short time. All other content you can do however you like with anybody on your faction. Even with that take away the players from heroic raids and there are even less from mythic so you could open that to everybody and without rewards the game would dry up rapidly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Sorry, but I completely disagree.

People should not need any incentive to enable warmode, because choosing whether to play with warmode on or off should be a choice made on the basis of preferred playstyle, not a choice based on what gives the best rewards.

Here's the inconvenient truth about WPvP: It's sucks. Most players don't care for it, don't enjoy it, and would rather play without it. But Warmode has that +10% bonus to all quest rewards, so players switch it on because we want those extra rewards. So what do we see? We see a bunch of players who don't care for WPvP opting in and then doing everything in their power to avoid actually engaging in WPvP.

If, instead, the rewards for playing with WM on were related entirely to actually engaging in WPvP then you'd start to see the right kind of interactions happening. The only problem is that very few people would opt into it, and I think that Blizzard fundamentally don't want that. They want WM to be the prefered choice of players because they have this outmoded idea that the faction conflict and faction pride and players fighting each other passionately is what this game is all about. So they bribe players to switch it on, and then pat themselves on the back for how popular the feature is, even though in reality it's simply filled with players who don't really want to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What reward do you imagine there was for playing on a pvp server before war mode?
    And how many people actually joined on a pvp-server to world pvp? The majority of people joined on one because their friends were on one.

All those contents have a reward though..., just because you overstayed your welcome doesnt mean the reward is suddenly gone.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-02-24 at 04:14 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The bonus has always just been a compensation for the time lost from dying to other players. Hence it scaling based on your faction population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    ...even then half the pvp servers became so one sided they were BARELY a pvp server

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...even then half the pvp servers became so one sided they were BARELY a pvp server
    That is what people want though. Even now both groups join the shard they dominate. I would dare say world pvp was never that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Having a PvE buff for PvP activity just incentivizes people turning on the buff with no intention of engaging in WPvP.

Without any PvE benefit, they could use PvP rewards to encourage PvP similar to WPvP Mercenary Mode. This includes, but isn't limited to, better Call to Arms quests and rewards in general that encourage WPvP (such as a repeatable call to arms quest).
    i agree they could but my question still stands and that is, how many alliance players would actually use warmode if there was no ap ect bonus?

I'm amazed that this thread got to four pages of people simply bickering what to do with the buff. The buff is not the problem, the warmode, or world pvp specifically, is the problem. It's the same system as 15 years ago, but neither the game nor the players are the same anymore.

Also a lot of the servers for the past 10+ years were lopsided and housed a lot of the best PvE guilds