Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't need to feel more like an action game. It needs to feel more like a strategy game. It was based on an RTS, not an ARPG.

Actrion RPGs are boring. Most of the time you just spam the same attacks over and over again and get away with it. Look at the witcher. Good game. Combat was stupid.
    If you want ARPGs please don't change WoW just play a game with that.

Don't want auto-attacking? Play a caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i do very love the concept of auto attacks and auto hit builds arround every game. I do not mind to get additional aoe "Terastyle" abitlities. Would fit good for some melee speccs. But shifting too much away from auto attacking is nothing i would love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Most can agree that tab targeting / GCD based combat feels slow and is outdated in comparison to action combat.
    Instead of the auto-attack we currently have, what if WoW had an active weapon attack ability that is not affected by the game's GCD that can act as a filler in between other abilities? Would that create the illusion of a faster paced / more fun gameplay?

WoW can easily be made to feel like an action combat game by changing all single target attacks into frontal AoE attacks not requiring a target. I think the game needs more of these, especially for melee classes.
    The monk class' original design was to have a "no auto-attack" gameplay. Blizzard did not like how it turned out, so they added auto-attack into the class' gameplay.

So I find it unlikely we'll ever see a "no auto-attack" gameplay for melee classes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except casters don't do that at all. They press a button every GCD, which is the same as most melee(and more than a couple of melee). Casters aren't spamming some off-GCD "auto attack" filler.
    Psh, anyone who says they don't spam their buttons is a liar!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Psh, anyone who says they don't spam their buttons is a liar!
    Obviously, but that's not the point.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Feral is extremely fast paced right now compared to what it used to be, thanks to SotF and Lucid(which most people seem to be obsessed with). You're looking at an APM in the mid-50s, which is nearly GCD capped. A much better spot is around 40(for Feral/WW/Assassination, Sub a bit higher and Outlaw a bit higher again).
    Its mostly Lucid imo, but Lucid is gone next expac, so it's all good there. SotF has been around since MoP at least, and was considered scrub talent before blizz added that tiny +5% damage to finishers to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its mostly Lucid imo, but Lucid is gone next expac, so it's all good there. SotF has been around since MoP at least, and was considered scrub talent before blizz added that tiny +5% damage to finishers to it.
    It's not "tiny", and it has been the pick in the past as well sometimes. 5% on your most damaging abilities is pretty good, especially when the talent also allows you to cast way more of them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They'll never remove auto attacks.

They're moving to a design where over three quarters of your damage comes from passive, RNG sources that you have absolutely no control over.

See - Azerite + Corruption + Some Essences.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...l_much_talent/
    You do realize that 72% of that damage was dealt from active sources, right? That literally disproves your entire argument LOL

That sounds like it'd annihilate my wrists even worse than WoW already does. A spammable attack between EVERY GCD?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That sounds like it'd annihilate my wrists even worse than WoW already does. A spammable attack between EVERY GCD?!
    Well, you're already spamming the button of your next rotation ability, except nothing is happening so you keep bashing the button until GCD timer ends. Instead of bashing a button without anything happening, why not switch to an off GCD ability while waiting for GCD timer to finish. Wouldn't it make for a more interesting, non repeatable mindless pattern of 1, 2, 3, 4 rinse and repeat? Have the off GCD spammable ability be weak but trigger combos that are different every now and then and get rid of exact rotations...dynamic game play would make it more interesting imho instead of 1,2,3,4 or 1, spam, 2, spam, 3, spam...etc

Well, you're already spamming the button of your next rotation ability, except nothing is happening so you keep bashing the button until GCD timer ends. Instead of bashing a button without anything happening, why not switch to an off GCD ability while waiting for GCD timer to finish. Wouldn't it make for a more interesting, non repeatable mindless pattern of 1, 2, 3, 4 rinse and repeat? Have the off GCD spammable ability be weak but trigger combos that are different every now and then and get rid of exact rotations...dynamic game play would make it more interesting imho instead of 1,2,3,4 or 1, spam, 2, spam, 3, spam...etc
    Because I don't do that at all, because it accomplishes nothing, and making it go from pointless to a necessity would ruin the game, and my wrists, for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If i wanted to play an action combat game, I'd go play one of those. Not all MMO's need to play that way, some of us happen to like the tab targeting system.

No. Button spamming has already come too close to arcade style beat em ups. This is a RPG, not Final Fight.

You really don't need to spam the button unless your PC or connection is having issues and is inconsistent. You're given a pretty generous buffer. Spending hours spamming extra buttons is why I stopped playing gladiator in WoD. I don't need an extra button every global for no real reason.

Watch any WoW youtube video, PvP and PvE, and look at the action bars. You endlessly see a button being bashed until it triggers the ability associated with then the player moves on to the next button to do the exact same thing...it clearly shows the player bashing a button while waiting for GCD to end...

10+ Year Old Account
    What you're talking about sounds like auto-attacking with extra steps.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they either reduced health or baked in the autoattack/shot damage into the rest of your abiilities then there would be no reason to keep it. I mean they don't need to replace it with another active ability, because most of the time (at least as a hunter) I would be spamming my ability to gain focus if I had nothing else to do.

Watch any WoW youtube video, PvP and PvE, and look at the action bars. You endlessly see a button being bashed until it triggers the ability associated with then the player moves on to the next button to do the exact same thing...it clearly shows the player bashing a button while waiting for GCD to end...
    Shit, I do that in in FFXIV which has a 2.5 base second GCD, it's just human nature i guess.