10+ Year Old Account

Just a little FYI for all us team player DHs

You can change your language to Demonic and communicate with both Horde and Alliance DH. I have been flying around and surprise chatting Horde and they just do the ol' shimmy jig until I tell them to do the language, lots of fun convos with the other side.

I think a lot of people caught onto that when the class halls opened and there was groups of Horde/Alliance talking there.

Blood elf demon hunters in general are also able to talk to Void Elves, since they can both speak Thalassian (spelling, it's 2AM and I'm too lazy to double check)

I think these days a lot of people forgot the language setting exists...I mean i remember playing with it A LOT when I first started but then...well was just a weird flavorful gimmick for us Blood Elves to make fun of the other races in raid...

Have a really funny memory of speaking to a horde DH in Northern Stranglethorn with loads of low level alliance around us being shocked we could speak to one another and calling me a traitor thinking I was helping the horde to gank people!

This has been known since the beginning, IIRC it was even somewhere in the announcement. However I don't think it (along with Blood Elves being able to communicate with Void Elves/Mages with that language spell or Pandaren speaking cross faction with each other) sees much use considering people rarely speak with each other even within their own faction these days.

The only time overcoming the language barrier for me was speaking to a Void Elf monk when we waited for a bugged mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

So how do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    So how do you do it?
    speech bubble and select Demonic.

You know there is a potion in Dalaran that allows you to understand all languages. If your friend does the same you can talk to each other and anyone else on the potion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.