Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Eventually, yeah. BfA armors have slowly been taking us into this direction.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Actually no.

    Boobplate has been proven to be dangerous in combat because 1. It guides weapons like arrows and swords towards the heart and 2. The cleft would kill the wearer if they fell over as that part would push into your chest. Boobplate has been debunked over and over as completely useless.
    Not to mention that if a women wore armor her feminine features would be nearly invisible due to the padding needed under armour. You didn't wear plate right on top of skin, but on top of several layers of padded fabric and even stiff leather. You would also bind your tatas to avoid them bouncing around just like athletes do today with sports bras because not doing so IS PAINFUL.

    The only thing I could see having female highlights would be hips in that they would have more protection akin to that of female samurai aka onna-bugeisha.
    Yes, making armour that actually creates separate cups for each breast is not a good way to make armour. It is why I said "or something else".

    All armour that you have seen in your life has been crafted to highlight masculine features. Padding has fuck all to do with this. That is not even up for debate, this is what historians have concluded.

    If armour was made for women the chances of said armour being created to highlight feminine features would be extremely high.

    What they wore beneath the armour has no value to this discussion whatsoever.

  3. #43
    Blizzard seems to be moving backwards with regard to armor in general. The overall horrible look of the tiers (since the last tier of Legion) and the laziness of diminishing armor to armor type instead of class proves Blizzard's regression.

  4. #44
    To get a greater variety of robe styles without impacting performance much (if at all), they could simply render legs under robes and add transparency to the bottom half of robes, or if this is already possible use it more often. The bottom could be then seemingly variegated in length, cut, etc.

    Next, they could assess impact to bottom-end and mid-tier rig players and consider if they could start rendering painted armor on an invisible layer that has varied thickness spots. This could give depth the current paper style the engine is currently built for lacks.

    Then they could consider adding partial or wholesale cloth physics to player models with cloth or leather pieces. I remember a few years ago they actually said they were considering this, and that if it happened would include a toggle for low end machines.

    I would also like it if they would think about adding...I'm not sure what the word is for it, but essentially rendering the color over textured mapping of some kind so that different materials could be shown and behave differently with light in different settings.

    Another peeve: hard pieces on the chest and legs should behave like hard pieces and not melt and stretch with model movements.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2020-02-23 at 05:15 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So I know how everyone feels about Warcraft 3 reforged, but I think we can all agree that the models are extremely beautiful. It saddens me that cloth armor in WoW still looks the same as it did in 2004. Will we ever get armor like the units in reforged wear? With this I mean:
    - Robes with splits, so we can see our characters legs
    It is doubful. Legs are completely gone when you put on the robe to avoid any clipping. And opened robes would look weird with leg animation, that's why they shortened coat for Kul Tirans heritage armor. It just looked weird below the knees with some animations because it had to be attached to leg bones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    - Bell sleeves
    They've been present on armors since vanilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    - Tunics that don't look like body paint
    This is in the game since Legion and been used for some armors. It's still painted on texture on the character's torso but the torso model changes to make armor not look like it's shrinkwrapped around the body.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    - High heels for women
    Not gonna happen soon. That would require a lot of changes to how animations are done to allow for proper foot positions when wearing heels and then proper collison detection for the floors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    - Armor that has some 3D elements to it
    There's plenty of armors with 3d elements thanks to the collections system introduced in Legion.

    You can't expect player armor to ever look as good as custom npc models wear or units from W3 Reforged have for one simple reason: It has to fit all races. Some compromises have to be made in order to make the system as universal as possible. With NPCs or those unites, that specific armor set has to only fit that one specific character. You can adjust everything for those specific needs.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    It is doubful. Legs are completely gone when you put on the robe to avoid any clipping. And opened robes would look weird with leg animation, that's why they shortened coat for Kul Tirans heritage armor. It just looked weird below the knees with some animations because it had to be attached to leg bones.
    You're probably right. I'm just tired of casters always having to run around in prom dresses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    They've been present on armors since vanilla.
    I meant larger bell sleeves. Like Antonidas and the Archmage unit in Reforged have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    This is in the game since Legion and been used for some armors. It's still painted on texture on the character's torso but the torso model changes to make armor not look like it's shrinkwrapped around the body.
    The only tunic from I can think of is the mage tier from Antorus. Just more tunics in general would be nice too. Most tunics we have in game are vanilla greens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Not gonna happen soon. That would require a lot of changes to how animations are done to allow for proper foot positions when wearing heels and then proper collison detection for the floors.
    Yeah you're probably right. I can only imagine the shitstorm they'll cause in the forums. Then again, I keep wondering 'how hard can it be to implement them', but it's Blizzard so I already know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    There's plenty of armors with 3d elements thanks to the collections system introduced in Legion.
    There finally is, I just feel that cloth wearers have gotten many options. Again, this is about the robes looking like maxi dresses.

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Most cloth wearers are still stuck with the same 2D robes we've had since Classic.
    Not true. I literally showed you on page 1 my dude.
    nvm, the youtube time warp has really gotten to me, you made your post before i made mine.
    but yeah, i showed you a list of only some of the many 3d robes.
    and there is tons of non robe tops as you seem annoyed by those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So I know how everyone feels about Warcraft 3 reforged, but I think we can all agree that the models are extremely beautiful. It saddens me that cloth armor in WoW still looks the same as it did in 2004. Will we ever get armor like the units in reforged wear? With this I mean:
    - Robes with splits, so we can see our characters legs
    - Bell sleeves
    - Tunics that don't look like body paint
    - High heels for women
    - Armor that has some 3D elements to it
    Some examples:
    To me they look like lifeless outsourced models. They lack all the cartoony character of the warcraft theme

  9. #49
    I am just happy they stopped after/mid BC with the armor that showed 80% skin on females. Having a plate thong so narrow was borderline porn. Luckily they actually changed them a bit a while ago to be wider... Still an thong on many classic items.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Not true. I literally showed you on page 1 my dude.
    nvm, the youtube time warp has really gotten to me, you made your post before i made mine.
    but yeah, i showed you a list of only some of the many 3d robes.
    and there is tons of non robe tops as you seem annoyed by those.
    I saw your post, I'm just annoyed that the only choice cloth wearers get when it comes to robes are maxi dresses. I just want a robe with a slight split in them like the units in Reforged have. Is that really too much to ask for? All small indie company memes aside, it's embarrassing that the bottom part of robes still look the same as they did in Classic. I know some of them have "armor" on the thighs, but for the rest, they still look the same as they did 16 years ago.

    How hard can it actually be to render legs underneath the robes and have the armor move around it? They're a multi million dollar company for god's sake.

  11. #51
    I wish I could look like a Warden/Maiev.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Armour with heels is the most stupid trope in modern fantasy, even dumber than boob armour.
    Yeah I know, I thought fantasy games were meant to be all realistic n shit. Silly me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    I am just happy they stopped after/mid BC with the armor that showed 80% skin on females. Having a plate thong so narrow was borderline porn. Luckily they actually changed them a bit a while ago to be wider... Still an thong on many classic items.
    Yeah, luckily they took this disgusting imagery out of the game.

  13. #53
    Possibly with more heritage armor.

    Seems there's a lot more nuanced detail they can achieve then they make armor specific to one model.

  14. #54
    Brewmaster Highelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    #Garithoswasright
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Armour with heels is the most stupid trope in modern fantasy, even dumber than boob armour.
    So, boobs shouldn't be protected?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I wanted to say that. It is only robes that are 2D. What pisses me off is that many belts still clip through them.

    Also, can we get capes like that?

    It could've been so good. Clipping be damned!



    I love most of BFA's armor, and agree with the notion that additional 3D elements and physics have made a hefty difference. But also agree that more robes that are cut in the front like those WCIII reforged models would be neato. I assume the lack of that is what people are criticizing about "prom dresses". I hadn't had too much of an issue because when I rolled a clothie I was just relishing in my newfound ability to have mogs that look like clothes rather than armor.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-24 at 01:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Possibly with more heritage armor.

    Seems there's a lot more nuanced detail they can achieve then they make armor specific to one model.
    Yes. This is true. Unless they make worgens.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It could've been so good. Clipping be damned!



    I love most of BFA's armor, and agree with the notion that additional 3D elements and physics have made a hefty difference. But also agree that more robes that are cut in the front like those WCIII reforged models would be neato. I assume the lack of that is what people are criticizing about "prom dresses". I hadn't had too much of an issue because when I rolled a clothie I was just relishing in my newfound ability to have mogs that look like clothes rather than armor.
    I main mage so I see that quite often. Other classes have cool 3D elements and I have only belts.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •