Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will we ever get armor like this?

So I know how everyone feels about Warcraft 3 reforged, but I think we can all agree that the models are extremely beautiful. It saddens me that cloth armor in WoW still looks the same as it did in 2004. Will we ever get armor like the units in reforged wear? With this I mean:
    - Robes with splits, so we can see our characters legs
    - Bell sleeves
    - Tunics that don't look like body paint
    - High heels for women
    - Armor that has some 3D elements to it
    Some examples:

Dont think they will ever do that, even though it looks really nice. For them it doesnt directly lead to extra profit, indirect yes. But they always want direct profit.

Nah, man. It's prom dresses forever.

I think a lot of it has to do with those being built into the models. Those clothes are part of their body. In WoW, they have a huge array of races that all have to be able to wear the same clothes, heritage armor is one of the only exceptions. So the way they're modeled needs to work around that.

I still think Legion and BFA have been nailing it because I'm a huge sucker for dangly parts hanging off my armor. And that one warlock staff that spins like crazy.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-22 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Nah, man. It's prom dresses forever.
    I mean, at least leather, mail, and plate wearers have gotten armor that looks like actual armor, and not body paint. But clothies are still running around in those maxi dresses.

I dont think blizzard cares for the fantasy feel anymore, it seems they just want to make outlandish armor based on the expansions theme. Though i would love to see just some nice fantasy themed gear for transmog, ive been using my bc mog forever on my druid xD

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I mean, at least leather, mail, and plate wearers have gotten armor that looks like actual armor, and not body paint. But clothies are still running around in those maxi dresses.
    I wanted to say that. It is only robes that are 2D. What pisses me off is that many belts still clip through them.

Also, can we get capes like that?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I wanted to say that. It is only robes that are 2D. What pisses me off is that many belts still clip through them.

Also, can we get capes like that?

Ikr, seems like cloth wearers really pulled the short end of the stick when it comes to armor.

Also yes, cloaks like that would be really nice, the ones we have now don't make any sense whatsoever. What are they supposed to do? Warm your character's back and just the back? What use is a cloak when you can't pull it around your whole body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armour with heels is the most stupid trope in modern fantasy, even dumber than boob armour.

the issue here is that WoW's engine is painfully outdated.
    If making armor look better was a simple thing to do,they'd have done it already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Armour with heels is the most stupid trope in modern fantasy, even dumber than boob armour.
    yeah,boob armor at the very least doesn't do anything,it won't help you but won't actively kill you

if you're gonna wear heels in combat however,you're fucking dead

To each their own I suppose. Yes, high heels in combat makes no sense at all, but I can see a high class Blood Elf, or a Night Elf Priestess as part of a ceremonial outfit wear them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    If making armor look better was a simple thing to do,they'd have done it already

- - - Updated - - -

yeah,boob armor at the very least doesn't do anything,it won't help you but won't actively kill you

if you're gonna wear heels in combat however,you're fucking dead
    use levitate :P
    and if Chris Patt was able to run with them on host shows, then my belf sure can :P

but serious answer, when first they make armor that doesn't clip each other and fit every race, then talk about adding even new options
    the current existing options are still meh
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Armor is becoming increasingly 3d, look at the Kul Tiran Heritage versus armor from WoD for example - we've come a long way in the last 5 or so years
    Leather, mail and plate armor are finally getting more 3D parts, but cloth is left behind. Us clothies are still running around in prom dresses.

The issue is having nearly two dozen races that need be accommodated, When you make armor for one specific model, it's much easier to make it look good and add cool details; Dadgar, Jaina and Gul'dan all have really cool outfits because they are custom made to their models, or are a part of it. Not the case for PCs. It's a reason why Heritage armor often looks so good as well.

But I think them being unable to create properly flowing cloth is an engine thing that won't be resolved anytime soon. I'd love to have proper capes instead of a strip of paper tied to my back, but I don't even know if the engine can handle it without absurd amounts of clipping.

The technology just isn't quite there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    They made quite a few "3D armors" in the last expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have slowly been getting more and more 3D parts, but the more of that you add the more clipping you are going to have. And if there is one thing we know, it is that everyone complains about clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's not cloth, it's robes - frankly it's probably not worth the work to make a different style of robe that works on every race
    I don't know man, playing with just the same one robe is pretty boring. And they've been working with that same one robe for a long time. It might be pretty freeing to be able to work with something different, y'know? It doesn't just help player characters as well, it helps every other NPC that the armor would fit on. It seems really useful... not to mention, cool in general to have another look you can go for.

After seeing the trash armors in BfA, no.

It looks cool so why not?

- - - Updated - - -

I know we have similar looking set but imagine it with 3D elements.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    They only make sense if you are riding with stirrups, but they don't have to be that fricking high...