Poll: Which one is BETTER?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WoD vs BfA; Which was better?

You can put glitter and paint on crap but at the end of the day it's still crap.
    These two expansions honestly are equally bad and I don't think either one of them are better than the other.
    WoD had no content while BfA has content that's bad.

64% of the sub numbers in 2019 are gone according to SUPERDATA
    WoD lost over 70% of it's sub numbers within 9 months after release.

That's my opinion, do you prefer one over the other?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Warlords was bad because it didn't have lots of content. BfA is bad in spite of having lots of content.

That being said, I still played throughout most of Warlords of Draenor because the fundamentals of the game were solid and fun. I can't say the same about BfA (quit shortly after 8.1 arrived).
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-02-23 at 04:07 PM.

Didn't we already have this thread just recently?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

duplicate
    /10char

Yeah, they were both pretty bad, but if I HAD to choose one that was better, I would pick BFA. Yeah, the content wasn't always good, but at least I actually had something to do. As someone with a pretty hectic schedule that makes it hard to raid, the most I did in WoD was do Garrison stuff. At least in BFA, I have other things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the audience. I think for raiders WoD was probably a lot better for them. Good raids, and not a whole lot you had to do outside of that so you could just log on, raid, then log off until the next time. Meanwhile the opposite would be true for those who don't raid, WoD had no content for them. BFA has a lot of content (of arguable quality) but it at least has -something-.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yep we did. I don't understand why we need another one. It was with a poll and everything.

My mind might have tricked me, was no poll as far as I can see. But the same topic.

Anyways, BfA is better.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-02-23 at 04:26 PM.

Yeah I guess this topic is so polarizing somebody had to make it again. But I'll answer it again anyway. I still say Battle for Azeroth because this xpac had a lot more to offer than Warlords of Draenor did. WoD offered updated character models, Garrisons w/ the Mission Table, eventually the Shipyard which is just another Mission Table, and the Group Finder which is very big. BfA for better or for worse gave us Heart of Azeroth, Azerite Armor, Essences, new races to play as, Island Expeditions, Warfronts...

...just more overall.
    Last edited by Kutsman; 2020-02-23 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Warlords was bad because it didn't have lots of content. BfA is bad in spite of having lots of content.

That being said, I still played throughout most of Warlords of Draenor because the fundamentals of the game were solid and fun. I can't say the same about BfA (quit shortly after 8.1 arrived).
    So you're a quitter who hasn't done anything in a long time in BFA, I hope we have people who actually are still playing (or played THE WHOLE EXPAC) the game give us opinions on "Expac vs Expac"

For me its clear, BFA>WoD

I love raiding, and the raids are far better now, and with time, that SHOULD be the case.
    Last edited by Stormbreed; 2020-02-23 at 04:30 PM.

I only played for the last 3 months of WoD but i had an infinitely better time playing that than the entirety of BFA.

WoD was better, but both expansions sucked

Bfa had better world content, objectively than wod ( although worst than legion)
    Wod had better class design and raids, but still not as good as legion

i guess in the end my point is, can we just bring back legion??

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, but now it's Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    So you're a quitter who hasn't done anything in a long time in BFA, I hope we have people who actually are still playing (or played THE WHOLE EXPAC) the game give us opinions on "Expac vs Expac"

For me its clear, BFA>WoD

I love raiding, and the raids are far better now, and with time, that SHOULD be the case.
    Yes, I quit because BfA is fundamentally rotten in terms of the systems that you have to play around regardless of content. I sincerely doubt that my opinion on this matter would have changed if I had decided to suffer through two more content patches (with new iterations of flawed, convoluted systems).

WoD was better based off one thing: Class design.

WoD lacked content, but the vehicle (classes) you experienced the content it did have was considerably better (and ranged survival still existed)

BfA has a bunch of content, but the vehicle is just.... broken down.

You must always keep in mind that most people here on these forums are PvE only players that never touched PvP in their life. So opinions will be based only on that, and if that happens, WoD is at a huge disadvantage compared to BfA.

That said, WoD was one of the best PvP expansions, its pvp system allowed easy access and transparency + pvp vendors. It came along with the gladiator sanctum and some kill achievments that kept people busy for a long time.

On the other side, pve content outside of instances like raids, were simply not here. Other than mat farming strategies.

Guess i was good entertained by only do these 3 things:

PvP, farming mats, playing alts

Another big strenght of WoD were alts, it was a very altfriendly expansion.

Ther were less raids, but the raids had quality and raid class tier sets - and we had class pvp sets, too. And both were not just cosmetical, but changed a specs gameplay.

Actually, in retroperspective, what we know today, WoD could have been a huge success, if 2 issues would have been sorted out:

1.) Crossrealm tech for the Draenor zones - it felt empty not because of garnissions, but because draenor zones were sever only based, until legion prepatch, with that pre-patch suddenly everywhere in the Draenor zones you could find other players or players to engage in pvp. Previously, you were restricted to Ashran.

2.) Quite some PvE content was cut, there are some videos about it on youtube. Shattrath raid was cut and a whole continent and some other stuff. really check it out.

WoD was kinda a failure in its time, due to huge missmanagement almost criminal what the devs did here, tbh.

BfA did many nasty things to gameplay and class design. We had too many sytems that are just a meaningless grind making gameplay equally to all classes. like azerite, essences and corruption gear.

Thoe are really bad, bad systems that blizz devs did test here on their community. Probably the current game direction has no clue what a rpg is and class design is the most important system in such a game.

It really surprises, because before BfA there was Legion that did focus on class design - maybe not as successfully as in MoP, but they tried and they tried real hard.

I found playing my various classes in legion, most legendaries that were really good, were class based and i think thats cool. Power should be class based to restrict access and enhance diversity of that power, making classes more unique in what they do. Imho, balance and fun comes with a good distribuition among classes.

Also, artefacts were more interesting to explore than a generic necklace with no real model design and a class talent tree.

Those faction ships for everyone compared to class order halls.......i really do not know what the devs were thinking......i think its safe to say this is gameplay wise really a filler expansion.

On the other side, the raids and dungeons are good. And the artist did realy great work in BfA. Like almost all the work that really counts was done by artists and raid designers.

But i have to say it, BfA was easily the worst pvp expansion up to date. This time around its the second time since vanilla, that i saw almost every pvp player grinding pve for gear, spending ultimately too much time in a content that they don't really enjoy.

Not that i mind too much, as i play both, but past designs were far better even in legion when there was that template it sucks to have a bad one with specific classes, but at least it was alt friendly and didn't force you to grind pve instances for gear to be competitive! While that might be ok for main doing it with multiple alts feels banana.

I wonder how people would react, if pvp was forced on them to gear up in a meaningful time, so far people moaned allready to do 2 bgs back in MoP for their legendary cloak quest, now that cloak is back along with wrathion, but he only forces you to do pve visions.

And lastly, but most importantly, BfA wouldn't feel so incredible bad with pvp warfronts. PvE warfronts do not make any sense...after Ashran in WoD, why did they warfronts without pvp in mind? Along with stuff to farm for (look isles) this could have been a huge success to keep the game alive for a longe period of time, till SL is here.

This is something easly overlooked - but just imagine warfronts with as much rewards as in isles a currency to farm for, and instead of HC warfronts they did PvP Warfronts.

At this point i think wow needs simply a new game director. BfA lacks game direction as it feels like a mess, while most of it could have been done so much better with just a few changes. Like - why dailies in uldum and valley and no WQ?

TBH, the biggest failures are warfronts and no pvp vendors.

Was really rooting for wafronts and so disappointed when they released these boring abominations on live servers - i need to say it, but isles are fun and entertaining in comparission to that one. They are quick and you can farm stuff, in warfronts you waste like an half hour for nothing but a weekly quest with rng reward, there is not even something to farm.

Blizz should have never wasted resources on that, i wonder if they ever planned to pvp with warfronts at all, as this is the only way this could have ever been fun. Looks like they run out of time and took the easy way out. HC which means just more hp to kill some mindless pve mobs.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-02-23 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    But i have to say it, BfA was easily the worst pvp expansion up to date. This time around its the second time since vanilla, that i saw almost every pvp player grinding pve for gear, spending ultimately too much time in a content that they don't really enjoy.
    Very true. Most PvP players I know have quit, switched to classic or only play BfA because they make money by boosting people. PvP is in a really sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Depends on the audience. I think for raiders WoD was probably a lot better for them. Good raids, and not a whole lot you had to do outside of that so you could just log on, raid, then log off until the next time. Meanwhile the opposite would be true for those who don't raid, WoD had no content for them. BFA has a lot of content (of arguable quality) but it at least has -something-.
    This is an excellent summary. My guild casually raids, but due to the lack of things to do outside of raiding we ended up with only 3 active players towards the end of WoD and could not raid at all as a result. Meanwhile, BFA is not perfect, but at least there's M+ and world content keeping people occupied (and now Visions), so while maybe the combat and the itemization isn't great, my guild has stayed active throughout BFA - and I enjoy it more than WoD as a result.

Arguably I feel Cata was similar to WoD in a lot of ways. Not much world content to do, good if you just liked to log in, raid, log out til next reset.

BfA was better. By a mile. For me, no question at all. Ppl just overreact with their BfA shit storm panic.

Not that BfA not has its issues. Like class design, stupid overall story, grind horror and rpg shit. But BfA had good raids, WoD had good raids. BfA has outdoor content, quests, small things, mythic+, warfronts (even when they are boring as hell), and what not. WoD in return had... nothing. Plain and simple.

The only real argument is the above one, that when you are full into raiding, you have no nerves for all that m+ and azerite grind shit. i can totally understand this as ex mythic raider. would fuck me up too. but this is the only profit WoD had.

And the class design was fucked up already in WoD, after that horrible pruning. Last good class design (cast while move discussion aside) was in MoP.

Besides that: WoD already get the rose tinted glasses profit. BfA not. Do the same survey in 2-3 years from now and you will get a lot better results for BfA.

And imo, when raids and dungeons (the original core of the end game) are both around same quality, i prefer some additional good and bad things over NO additional things every day.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-02-23 at 04:47 PM.