Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/pozz...%A0/Obsscuretv

    Shortd the link but had an expire timer.


    Now link yours or get lost fucking trash, I'm tired of third world players like you that at best have done LFR without dying.

    Link your profile now.
    I Certainly doubt that is your Profile, you also linked the Profile of another before.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I Certainly doubt that is your Profile, you also linked the Profile of another before.
    Imagine having different char duh

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    They're hard because of the increasing dmg/hp scaling combined with the affixes applied on top. Both of which have nothing to do with a timer. If people pull through they should get their reward regardless of the time it took them to get there. This timer stuff belongs in a different category like vanity/competition not fun/relaxing gameplay.
    That's literally how it works. You miss the timer and you still get the reward of the loot. Just ignore the timer if you don't want it. Mythic+ is not hard at all without the timer. The only difficult part is getting over the hp scaling IN TIME. As for dmg scaling, you would just use more CC and move slower if there was no time limit. Those things do not make it hard. The timer is literally the only difficult part to it.

  4. #364
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,951
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Without the timer, the players doing the dungeon wouldn't have the expectation to run it on time nor the pressure of that time even existing
    Then dont do the timer ?

    It's not like there are plenty of "chill group run no timer" in the LFG ? Oh wait...
    Reward is litteraly the same since they removed the multiple chest in Legion. The only thing you don't get is the harder key, which is pointless as you don't want difficulty anyway.
    Last edited by Ealyssa; 2020-02-26 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  5. #365
    Stood in the Fire Penegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Then dont do the timer ?

    It's not like there are plenty of "chill group run no timer" in the LFG ? Oh wait...
    I thought a lot of people don't like to play under the time?
    Last edited by Penegal; 2020-02-26 at 04:05 PM.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Imagine having different char duh
    On a Different Account, Server, and Language. I seriously doubt that.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    On a Different Server, with a different Language. I seriously doubt that.
    Outside UK and USA there are other countries with different language, and if you are born bilingual because father is from X and mother from Y, you can grow up learning 2 language that are not English, this can let you play game in different language.

    I know it is hard to understand for alt-right peeps from uk or usa.

  8. #368
    Pandaren Monk Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,882
    I hate M+ and the timer is why. Adding a timer to something is just a lazy of making something harder.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    It's not like there are plenty of "chill group run no timer" in the LFG ? Oh wait...
    There arent in fact, otherwise post your LFG screen, i doubt that even searching "chill" will bring up more than 3 groups

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It just promotes rush rush rush gameplay, and sets up pugs for toxicity.

    Maybe just add an option to run them with one chest at the end, without a timer? That keeps everyone happy.
    1) The timer is part of what makes them fun/difficult. The mob health, damage, longer boss fights, and affixes are easily manageable without a timer, but all of them combined with a timer is what makes you have to be pushed to the edge and create good strategy.

    2) No way. You really think you deserve the best gear in the game for being able to CC every pack and pull 1 mob at a time all the way through the dungeon if you wanted at your leisure. Part of the difficulty after all IS the timer. Again, the mob health, affixes, damage, trash packs, and bosses are VERY easily manageable if you could take it at your good old slow pace, but with the time limit combined against all these is why it's difficult and why it's worth such high level gear. If you aren't good enough to beat the timer and upgrade the key you still have the choice to do the key at your own leisure so Blizzard does not deny you that. If you think there should be "lfm +15 slow just to finish for free 475 gear" as the usual, then you are out of your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

  11. #371
    Would rather have harder dungeons than a timer. If I can't get up and grab a drink or get the door without completely sabotaging the run I'm not really interested. I can at least take a piss during trash or between attempts in a raid, there is no concept of pause in M+

  12. #372
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Unda da bridge, mon
    Posts
    1,302
    Why not have both?
    Mode 1: What it is today. Timed, has the ability to reward multiple items, key can push higher per run.
    Mode 2: Not timed, fixed 1 item drop, key advances one step each time to a max ceiling (15, for example), key is "good" for a window (such as 2 hours), where it downgrades one rank if not completed.

    Implement a check-box when you put in the key.
    Timed? Check=Mode1, uncheck=Mode2.
    Add a confirmation window if people are worried they'll pick the wrong one.

    Then, those who want to push to higher keys, farm gear, do whatever, they can still get their gogogo.
    Those who want to take their time, maybe even bring class/specs who aren't part of the current meta, could do un-timed.
    Bonus with Mode2 is that, should someone drop, you can resume with a replacement and steady as she goes.
    If you hit a wall and can't make it, the key will auto-reset/reduce after the available window.

    Obv, needs work/refinement, but it wouldn't be a major overhaul to add one timer for Mode2 (on the key interface), then have a ruleset to limit reward/advancement.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Outside UK and USA there are other countries with different language, and if you are born bilingual because father is from X and mother from Y, you can grow up learning 2 language that are not English, this can let you play game in different language.

    I know it is hard to understand for alt-right peeps from uk or usa.
    In that case, enlighten us why you for one: Use apparently two different Accounts, and which Languages you play on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    1) The timer is part of what makes them fun/difficult. The mob health, damage, longer boss fights, and affixes are easily manageable without a timer, but all of them combined with a timer is what makes you have to be pushed to the edge and create good strategy.

    2) No way. You really think you deserve the best gear in the game for being able to CC every pack and pull 1 mob at a time all the way through the dungeon if you wanted at your leisure. Part of the difficulty after all IS the timer. Again, the mob health, affixes, damage, trash packs, and bosses are VERY easily manageable if you could take it at your good old slow pace, but with the time limit combined against all these is why it's difficult and why it's worth such high level gear. If you aren't good enough to beat the timer and upgrade the key you still have the choice to do the key at your own leisure so Blizzard does not deny you that. If you think there should be "lfm +15 slow just to finish for free 475 gear" as the usual, then you are out of your mind.
    To 1:
    This is the Point, for many People (Me Included) the cheap Difficulty from the Timer doesnt make it Fun. There are many people who dont like to have the clock on their Backs.

    To 2:
    There are ways to make it Difficult without the Timer.
    I wouldnt mind it a bit less if it wouldnt feel Punishing to complete the key if its not in time. It could at least stay on the same Level if you dont beat the timer.

  14. #374
    The timer is what makes it challeneging in the first place. Whats the point if you go up + levels if you can just go at your own leisure. The difficulty wouldn't go up.

    Plus if it really bothers you then q up into none timed runs and deal with the fact that your key wont go up.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If the timer didn't exists yet you could still finish a key in a reasonable amount of time…<snip>
    But see, that's where the rub is. Who's the judge of how much time is "reasonable"? People used to spend upwards of 1-2 hours in dungeons and nobody so much as batted an eye. If players want to speed run dungeons with all the contorted trash skips and whatnot, that's fine, but there's no need for it to be positioned as the default mode. Yes the timer is technically optional, but the game takes your "failure" and thwacks you over the head with it and makes you feel like shit regardless.

    M+ timers should be more like Strat Dead Baron runs and CoT Strat drake runs, where they're truly optional side objectives and not the centerpiece of the content. Making the timer could reward gear currency for a vendor, giving the M+ "pros" who always cream the timer an advantage in being able to circumvent RNG to an extent while everybody else gets loot drops similar to how it is currently.

  16. #376
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,096
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    if you are a gamedesigner and you cannot come up with a good idea just put into some shit a time limit and slap a leaderboard on top, stupid people will be happy as shit
    they have come up with a good idea.
    but if you have infinite time, you can easily beat anything, so they put timers on it.
    trash pulls, tell me what trash pulls in any of the dungeons you cant just afk for 10 mins, then timewarp down, and even if you only can kill 1 then wipe, well wait 10 more mins, kill another, then another.

    even the most shitters could do a 20+, it would take em like 6 hours, but they could do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    But see, that's where the rub is. Who's the judge of how much time is "reasonable"? People used to spend upwards of 1-2 hours in dungeons and nobody so much as batted an eye. If players want to speed run dungeons with all the contorted trash skips and whatnot, that's fine, but there's no need for it to be positioned as the default mode. Yes the timer is technically optional, but the game takes your "failure" and thwacks you over the head with it and makes you feel like shit regardless.

    M+ timers should be more like Strat Dead Baron runs and CoT Strat drake runs, where they're truly optional side objectives and not the centerpiece of the content. Making the timer could reward gear currency for a vendor, giving the M+ "pros" who always cream the timer an advantage in being able to circumvent RNG to an extent while everybody else gets loot drops similar to how it is currently.
    those 1-2 hour dungeons were also MUCH longer, and wernt hard, just long.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    those 1-2 hour dungeons were also MUCH longer, and wernt hard, just long.
    Maybe I just sucked back then but I remember my groups getting their rears kicked if we weren't careful in both sides of Strat and in parts of Scholo and most of UBRS. Haven't yet leveled my classic char high enough to try them again.

    If nothing else, TBC heroics were very hard unless you were geared to the teeth. Spent a fair amount of time tanking those things…

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    But I don't understand, this already exists.



    If you fail to time a dungeon it doesn't matter how long you take after the fact someone in the group is still guaranteed loot. If you are running dungeons with friends then you all should be on the same level of communication and have a mutual understanding that you're going for completion, not time.


    The timer only exists to make the key go up or down a level, iirc you get more loot for timing, but you don't get no loot for not timing. So I don't see why this warrants a separate mode.
    Correct me If I'm wrong, but aren't you penalized for failing the timer? Doesn't the M+ Key you have downgrade, or force you to repeat, or force you to get a new one? So It doesn't matter what you "agree," there's no method to "level up" to higher M+, regardless of ability to complete,...unless you can do it faster.

  19. #379
    Wouldn't this just lead into everyone having +35 key and meta would change to bursting down pack every 2 mins while watching netflix on other screen waiting cooldowns. Sounds really good game designing. Timer is good,wow needs competitive elements to get younger players interested.

    What you want next? Maybe raid bosses don't reset health because I'm having too much pressure to dodge void for 8 minutes.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by iindigo View Post
    Maybe I just sucked back then but I remember my groups getting their rears kicked if we weren't careful in both sides of Strat and in parts of Scholo and most of UBRS. Haven't yet leveled my classic char high enough to try them again. If nothing else, TBC heroics were very hard unless you were geared to the teeth. Spent a fair amount of time tanking those things…
    But how much of that was the time period and not the dungeon? Look at how some things in Classic are easy compared to the time/difficulty back then. TBC Heroics were not that hard and even geared to the teeth didn't matter. A tank in my guild back then would have to take armor pieces off in order to keep aggro. Mechanics were different not necessarily the difficulty. I could clear Shadow Labs with ease in a good group.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •