Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so first you say its subjective and then add another word to it so you can pretend to be objective... way to go
    thankfuly, you are not arbiter of what "fun" or "quality" fun is, and given how M+ was received generaly, a lot (i would even say majority) of people disagree with you...

and sorry, but did you have stroke writing it or wtf "minus habens" mean?!
    1. As i said fun is subjective but this doesnt mean that I have to concede retard stuff like "LUL TIMERS ARE FUN" - TLDR they are wrong, end of the story.

2. minus habens is latin, google it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    People wouldn't stop using high performing specs and classes even with out a timer.

That is a problem due to MDI and raider.io score that are based upon timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    1. As i said fun is subjective but this doesnt mean that I have to concede retard stuff like "LUL TIMERS ARE FUN" - TLDR they are wrong, end of the story.

2. minus habens is latin, google it.

- - - Updated - - -

1. just bcs YOU think they are wrong, doesnt mean they are, thats like definition of subjective...
    2. hmm throwing in latin when its absolutely useless, thats whole new level of being pretentious

and 3. people use better performing classes in raids and even in classic where its by no means necessary due to its low difficulty, so no matter if there is or isnt timer, people will choose the easiest path...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    I have a bridge to sell you. People doing challenging content will seek out the best classes or specs. They will pass over those who are under performing because taking a better performer will mean an easier time. If you are the in the range of players that brings whatever then Mythic+, at least high keys, are not really in your play style.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Who's everyone? This is genuinely the first time I've seen people come out of the woodworks to complain about the timer. The timer is there as a difficulty check. If you're failing keys then you need to do lower keys. You still get a chest on completion of a key that's run out of time so it's not like you're being punished much.

Wow you don't get to upgrade your key... you're not going to do a higher key when you can't complete the lower key in time. That's the whole point. Besides in M+ 1-6 the timer is so forgiving you forget it's even there. If it is a problem then you and your group really badly need to improve your performance.
    For me it’s not about “failing” the key but I hate timers. I like challenging content, not rushed content and frankly, M+ ain’t “challenging”. Now I have only pushed a few keys (I got a few at 19 on time) and it was just the same thing over and over again, a race with the clock doing the same tactics. It could be as simple as that I am not the target audience but I like content where I need to sit back a bit and go “hmm what can I do differently to accomplish this?” M+ doesn’t provide that.

TLDR, M+ is draughts while I prefer chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    For me it’s not about “failing” the key but I hate timers. I like challenging content, not rushed content and frankly, M+ ain’t “challenging”. Now I have only pushed a few keys (I got a few at 19 on time) and it was just the same thing over and over again, a race with the clock doing the same tactics. It could be as simple as that I am not the target audience but I like content where I need to sit back a bit and go “hmm what can I do differently to accomplish this?” M+ doesn’t provide that.

TLDR, M+ is draughts while I prefer chess.
    then... dont do it?
    m+ was created as alternate path of gearing to raids, if you like challenging content without timer raids are still there...

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragi View Post
    I only want ask tread author, what's a point of mythic+ without timer?
    M+ without a timer becomes an interesting challenge in approach using thought in lieu of simplistic zerg tactics. Without a timer, more specs become viable.

And this will surprise far more people than it should, but some of us just want to play a game for challenge. In fact, you can actually make a case that many more people preferred it this way since there were 5 to 10 times more people playing when it was that way compared to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It just promotes rush rush rush gameplay, and sets up pugs for toxicity.

Maybe just add an option to run them with one chest at the end, without a timer? That keeps everyone happy.
    The timer is what makes a M+ not a M0. the point is to beat the clock, and the faster you are, the more chance for loot at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaine View Post
    Nice to see there's still people who remember the real challenging dungeons, those back in TBC
    TBC ftw! Remember that you had to take aggro of the mob to get it to your trap as a hunter, good times. I remember quite often looking at the sheeping mages and think "screw you"

I miss those times a lot. I love mythic+, but I still miss the more tactical side of things. Of course, you did aoe shit down further down the expansion, and when you overgeared it that was fine. I have done TW this week just because its TBC dungeons. So many memories and so many good dungeons!

The timer IS the challenge of mythic +. Otherwise people would sheep every mob and dps them down one at a time. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    M+ without a timer becomes an interesting challenge in approach using thought in lieu of simplistic zerg tactics. Without a timer, more specs become viable.

And this will surprise far more people than it should, but some of us just want to play a game for challenge. In fact, you can actually make a case that many more people preferred it this way since there were 5 to 10 times more people playing when it was that way compared to today.
    There is no challenge in ccing mobs pre pull and kill them one by one.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

well untill some very high keys every spec is viable so i cant see how more can become viable... and some specs were performing better than other since vanila...

and could you explain to me how something you have hours to do, you can die thousand times and use cds on pretty much every group of trash or boss is MORE challenging than having to do it in certain time, careful enough not to overpull bcs dying subtracts time too and timing cds so you dont waste their potential? bcs i somehow cant see that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There is no challenge in ccing mobs pre pull and kill them one by one.
    unless you are somehow challenged

Like a lot of people have said, there's no functional difference between what the OP wants and simply "ignoring" the timer. To me, a lot of the problem with M+, at least as far as PUGs are concerned is the inability to replace group members. If someone leaves the group, you either have to complete it short handed or give up. Thus, my idea is this:

- There are now two types of keystones: "Timed" and "Untimed" (you always start with a Timed keystone at the beginning of the week)
    - Timed keystones are essentially just as they are now. Untimed keystones have no timer, but also have no group restriction and reward a random dungeon of the same level upon completion
    - When putting a keystone in, there are now two options, "Start (Un)Timed" and "Convert to (Un)Timed" (you can convert to Untimed even in the middle of a run).
    - Converting from Timed to Untimed does not modify the level. Converting from an Untimed to a Timed drops the keystone one level of the same dungeon (this is to prevent players from using Untimed keystone conversions as a method of keeping their keystone from dropping a level on failed timed runs).

This also has the added advantage of allowing players to drop the level of a keystone without resorting to instance reset shenanigans.

Life has a timer. Instead of trying to escape from timers, be grateful for things that remind you of the timer you're on because they encourage you to use your time effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Is it really challenging though? More like stressful.. and those IMO aren't the same. And sometimes bad RnG, lag or other stuff simply decide the fate of a run

Frankly I found TBC dungeons more tactical back in the day as you actually had to stop at each pack, and mark them up. Threat was a thing, as was casters going Oom on bossfights, so it wasn't hard to spot the good/bad players during say a Karazhan run
    Are you actually telling us that BC dungeons were harder cause you had to stop to sheep than a high key today ?

sigh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It just promotes rush rush rush gameplay, and sets up pugs for toxicity.

Maybe just add an option to run them with one chest at the end, without a timer? That keeps everyone happy.
    ........FFS. You cannot be serious...If you don't like it, don't play it. Friggin' snowflakes are infecting everything it seems.
    Last edited by Touchthereaper; 2020-02-24 at 06:25 PM.

I'd be much more willing to start doing Mythic+ if there was no timer. People already have enough incentive to rush through if they value their own time; I don't think there needs to be more time-based incentive than that. It'd be nice to not feel punished for having to take 2 minutes to do something IRL during a dungeon, or for taking time to type to your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    my point still stands, even if the m+ without time is addition not replacement, if it gives gear comparable to timed runs people wouldnt run timed runs, bcs people always choose the path of least resistance... if the reward is way lower, or the difficulty much higher i have no issue
    Oh gosh.. if only there were a simple way around that....

- Mythic Timed (as now)
    - Mythic Cool ( no timer, but Dungeon always have Skittish in addition other affixes - Skittish because that would make CC more worthwhile to use)

I understand what your are asking for but to be fair the timer is pretty generous if they are running keys at their skill level. With out the timer the challenge becomes meaningless and everyone will be doing +15's and Blizzard might as well get rid of normal, heroic, and mythic 0 - 14's. I hope the torghast tower in shadowlands is sort of what your talking about. Solo/small group content with no time limit but still challenging.

I read all the arguments but i still don't see a problem. You can choose to ignore the timer. And get loot anyway. Without the timer there is not really a challenge. Because the timer is what makes Mythic+ difficult.
    With unlimited time everyone can do 20s. There is no challenge anymore. So you just get loot for nothing basically.

Don't have a hard crowd control like sheep? Not invited. Don't have strong single target DPS? Not invited.

This won't solve any meta problems, it will just make a worse meta.