[classic] Blade of eternal darkness

Blade of eternal darkness
    34 - 70 Damage Speed 1.50
    (34.67 damage per second)
    Durability 75 / 75
    Requires Level 49
    Equip: Chance on landing a damaging spell to deal 100 Shadow damage and restore 100 mana to you.

Hello fellow mages. I stumbled upon a spriest last night with this dagger. He said it procced fairly often, and could crit from 100-200, and it grants the wielder 100 mana. I couldn't help but think this would be a pretty good mage weapon. Thoughts?

nope. nope. nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkkrop View Post
    nope. nope. nope.
    Explain why rather than bumping 2-month old threads just to say no.

because I don't want misinformation to spread? I found it in exactly 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkkrop View Post
    because I don't want misinformation to spread? I found it in exactly 1 second.
    You still didn't explain why the dagger is crap for mages but since you only spammed these threads for your guild advert, I'm not surprised.

Ancient thread is Ancient, however the equation is fairly simple: what's the average ppm?
    I imagine it's between 1-2 ppm, which is dogshit.
    I'm not familiar with the current crop of gear, but let's say you have an Azuresong Mageblade from MC.
    The Spell Damage on that, assuming max rank frost bolt should = 1 shadow blade proc every other Frost bolt worth of damage, as in every other frost bolt does a total of roughly +100 damage, same as proc not factoring spell resistance etc. Not calculating crits for obvious reasons.

For the dagger to be remotely decent it would have to proc at least 5 times a minute? Napkin math is napkin
    If it does have an average ppm of 5+ I'd totally try it, but I'm 99% sure it's a meme, especially since Mages don't have the mana issues of other casters to make this an appealing choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an incredible weapon to have for dungeon farming, AoE anything, or Alcaz island style single target elites. It has some niche values in other areas too. To simply dismiss it is moronic and the typical single-minded drivel of the normies who belong on retail rather than classic.

However, the value needs to be utilized by someone who comprehends the mage class well enough to take advantage of the "landing" aspect of spell casts in order to maximize its return. This is not a weapon for people who just want to parse or raid log.

If you're on classic for interesting quirks and coming up with fun ways to maximize efficiency in nuanced scenarios, you may enjoy playing with this dagger. It's well worth a +30 spellpower enchant.