Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Here's the problem with the "drop has good chance, but drop with optimal stats has low chance" method...

'Weapon of Rare Awesomenes' drops with base stats etc. "Nice, upgrade from my last weapon"

'Weapon of Rare Awesomenes' drops again with poor stats "Eh, I have this. DE"

'Weapon of Rare Awesomenes' drops with slightly better stats. "This is pretty much a side grade... anyone need it? OK, fine, I'll take it I guess..."

'Weapon of Rare Awesomenes' drops with great stats. "Yeah BABY!!!!"
    But in the old Classic model you'd just have

3x "Meh" and 1x "Yeah Baby!" - reactions.

So I don't see how that is better.

It just seems to me like deterministic loottables are boring and even cause less incentive to keep playing longer or to focus on one character longer.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    I doubt Blizzard will listen as deterministic Gear Systems have a realistic Point where the Player can say "I am done". But with RNG you'll never reach that.
    RNG ist not a bad Thing. Corruption would be a nice system if they had the "nice to have" status but not must. 25% Percent of the current thoughput the do is absolutely fine
    The funny thing is if content is released at a steady pace you're unlikely to reach that point anyway

Take Classic for example, There's a set BiS list for each class and each spec for each phase, How many people actually manage to complete that BiS set before the next raid arrives?

I'm of the belief that having a (somewhat) achievable goal makes the game worth playing, For me this RNG on top of RNG = meaningless items with every single drop being a disappointment unless it was titanforged / socketed to the max, Even the corruption effects now are a disappointment unless you get the best ones.

We're at a point where loot dropping in a loot based game isn't fun and it reminds me greatly of Diablo 3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    But in the old Classic model you'd just have

3x "Meh" and 1x "Yeah Baby!" - reactions.

So I don't see how that is better.

It just seems to me like deterministic loottables are boring and even cause less incentive to keep playing longer or to focus on one character longer.
    I completely disagree

We've moved from a system where Ashkandi dropping was exciting even if you didn't win the roll to one where even if Ashkandi drops it's going to be disappointing most of the time

Having the goalposts continually move and be out of reach really doesn't make me want to run the race
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I completely disagree

We've moved from a system where Ashkandi dropping was exciting even if you didn't win the roll to one where even if Ashkandi drops it's going to be disappointing most of the time

Having the goalposts continually move and be out of reach really doesn't make me want to run the race
    This might more be because we've been playing the game for over 15 years.

You know what still gets people excited today? Titanforged Askhandi with a socket dropping. People still would murder each other for that.

That is what loot is supposed to be, sometimes something unexpected and powerful needs to drop.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This might more be because we've been playing the game for over 15 years.

You know what still gets people excited today? Titanforged Askhandi with a socket dropping. People still would murder each other for that.

That is what loot is supposed to be, sometimes something unexpected and powerful needs to drop.
    You mean like Legendaries used to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Why is everything MoP this? MoP that? Is MoP where 90% of the posters here started playing?

Both Wrath and BC had fantastic systems and concepts, too, you know.
    BC systems? You mean badges? Because other then that it had the same damn systems as vanilla and also had horrible itemization leading to garbage like dragonspine trophy being BIS for an entire freaking xpac when it dropped off a loot pinata first tier boss.

Gearing was horrid in BC, so no, no one is going to clamor for how good it was. What did you honestly think with this post lol. WoTLK was better but still not great. Cata and MoP definitely had the best gearing for people that just want clear concise BIS and also don't want to farm old content to get said BIS. Legion and BFA are better for people who want to keep farming for a tiny chance at more power. Both systems are ok and anyone trying to argue one is wrong does not know how opinions work.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-25 at 08:16 AM.