Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New AH system has ruined lower pop servers.

Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.

.......yeah shit is high because people are progressing....what is new here? its high on my high pop server because zin'athid is needed for everything

Sounds like you need to move on from this game... it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    New AH had absolutely 0 effect, except you know, you can actually use it now without addons and without getting aids from it. People who were undercutting before are still undercutting now and there are still people who undercut by a lot.

People are still progressing hard at this point and chewing through consumables, that's why the prices are high, not the AH.

And as others have mentioned, I doubt there is anyone out there without a spare 120 on which they can learn herbalism and farm for 30 minutes. That should be well over 100 herbs or over 7600 gold in your case. I suspect many of your raiders are just lazy asses.

Solutions:
    • Move to a different server, either by making a new character or transferring your main;
    • Resign yourself to not use consumables anymore;
    • Farm gold so you can buy the herbs;
    • Or, the easiest of them all: gather the herbs yourself.

Also, the new AH system is great, for both sellers and buyers. You have no idea how happy I am to not have to scroll through pages upon pages upon pages upon pages of "stacks of 1" just so I can find the bigger stacks, which also happened to be cheaper, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If only there was some way that you could farm herbs yourself.... Hmmm...
    If only there was some way that you could read the first post yourself.... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    New AH had absolutely 0 effect, except you know, you can actually use it now without addons and without getting aids from it. People who were undercutting before are still undercutting now and there are still people who undercut by a lot.

People are still progressing hard at this point and chewing through consumables, that's why the prices are high, not the AH.

And as others have mentioned, I doubt there is anyone out there without a spare 120 on which they can learn herbalism and farm for 30 minutes. That should be well over 100 herbs or over 7600 gold in your case. I suspect many of your raiders are just lazy asses.

I agree with all of this except your assumption about their raiders, I'd suspect they have a life and don't have hours to burn grinding gold. But typically having a life also equates to having the discretionary spending budget required to buy a WoW token every now and then, which is a decent deal for people without hours to burn grinding gold *because* they have a nice job or social life.

I did. I don't see where what I said wasn't applicable.
    Oh I don’t know, maybe the part that says

“ Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now.”

Zin'anthid is expensive because it only comes from one area. An area we are no longer playing in. Population in zones speeds up or slows down node regeneration. Add in many are using far more pots, flasks and other consumables as they are still working on progression and prices spike. Demand is high, supply is low. Depending on your server Nazjatar wasn't cross real phased before either, now for everybody it is. So less herbs spawning due to less people there to force them to spawn and some that spawn go off to other servers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is wrong.

The new AH hasn't spiked the prices, the fact that raids are progressing has. You always see a spike in consumable related product during raid release. Look at this chart for my server (high pop server), there was a huge spike around 8.2 release (sorry i can only go back 6 months) and that spike was higher than current values for 8.3, which is spiked over 6 month average.

EDIT:

Adding Shattered Hand-US and it shows same pattern, with the exception of being more spiky, likely due to smaller pop so more prone to market manipulation.

Last edited by bloodwulf; 2020-02-24 at 03:40 PM.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Zinanthid went in price everywhere. It's almost 30g on my realm with pot prices not necessarily reflecting that, there's barely any profit after generous procs because of dogshit fucking imbeciles undercutting so hard. Yes. Fucking retards are still undercutting a ton, last wednesday superior pots were 230g a pop on Kazzak. Some fucking idiot just posted a ton at 175g and other idiots undercut him to 100g.

His reasoning? Directly from the whisper: "I want mine to sell first" - people are so fucking stupid they don't even understand that they can post their items at the exact same price and they will still sell first because of LIFO...
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-02-24 at 03:42 PM.

I find most prices on just about everything are so incredibly low that farming feels like a waste of real time. If you just now feel that you might have to herb yourself, maybe that's a good thing?

If by showing people too lazy to get an add on or understand how one works all the existing auctions and giving them a choice on a default price makes it the AH's fault, then yes it's the AH's fault. It's the AH's fault people were dumb and undercut the shit out of auctions.

The post is specifically about his raiders, not him.

Why would I be talking about him?
    Oh so you are purposely not reading/refusing to comprehend it then? The part where the OP addresses them self. Stating that it is a problem for the OP as well as raiders. Because of the prices the OP needs to farm more, that part is not about the OP but the raiders?

Prices on low pop servers were low?

How low pop are we talking /who @ 8 pm < 10 people? Because my shitty server had high prices since BfA started, long before the new AH.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

In my experience the over-inflated costs no one actually buys at, and eventually someone (me...) has to bite the bullet and sell them lower. There's still the penalty of wasting your time and AH tax.

I'm more than willing to deal with this now that I can literally take my bank alt, right click things, bam bam bam, they're auctioned. It's a dream come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i actually went farming for zin'anthid the other day. had trouble finding lots of nodes. faster to just farm the gold at this point.

If only there was some way that you could farm herbs yourself.... Hmmm...
    Time is money, friend.

The new AH made the market more efficient by helping sellers act rationally, other than the timer constantly setting to 24 hours anyway. This was great for sellers, not so great for people looking for a deal, particularly on low pop servers.

Yes... if only the old AH was still around. Then the OP could have saved a few silver from all the undercutting.