Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    The new AH system is amazing. If an item is high in price then maybe it’s because it’s needed

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What people don't understand is with the LIFO system, if you undercut it gets you nothing-- it just drops the market price a bit and everybody makes less money.

Think it through. Imagine you have a valuable mount to sell and someone else already listed at 900k. These are the four options.

A) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, but nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    B) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, and someone else lists at 890k. They sell first.
    C) You match at 900k. Nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    D) You match at 900k. Someone else matches too. They sell first.

Of those 4 options, C and D make you the most money. All undercutting does is take money out of your pocket.

Now, I mean, if you want to spend money to troll people you do you, undercut by 10% or whatever. But if you're on the AH to make as much money as possible, that isn't the way to go.
    Not quite, you are forgetting listing fees which is option E - List and it times out and doesnt sell costing you gold.
    This depends on item and rarity/demand etc though. Much worse for BoE's/actual items than crafting mats as their listing fees hurt more (transmog especially)
    But you are right, look at dredged leather now, went from routinely selling at 25-35g each and tanked to 7g on my server in under a week (I was farming 1k per hour so this really hurt my gold making value). Started with someone undercutting by 1 or 2g then someone posted a single one for like 12g and next time I looked there was 15k listed at a new undercut and kept going down.

On a side note, I am seeing the same thing I found in vanilla happening - auctions listed below vendor price, or lower than vendor + list and AH cut values. Now that is pure gold losses regardless. Dont mind the below vendor value ones because I just buy them and go vendor it. The other low ones usually just make it hard to actually move stuff that should sell for an ok amount.

Also as for Zin - Both my full/high pop servers are currently over 80g each for them. Its not that your server is low pop forcing prices up, its that we arent in that zone every day anymore = less people farming and high usage right now plus activities in other zones without said herbs taking up play time. For example while doing dailies etc there I would regularly get 50-100 just doing dailies/quests and a little farming. Now I go there only usually during emissary day. Thats a large drop in total amounts id imagine over the playerbase.
    Last edited by Dazu; 2020-02-26 at 07:50 AM.

Demand doesn't matter. Either there's demand or there isn't, either way the calculation remains the same. There's no benefit to undercut.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    The people that undercut are actually making gold... while you are here crying about your shit not selling. Hate to break it to you, but in that scenario only one person comes out looking like a "retard"
    Lmao, imagine thinking undercutters are making gold, when they are all poor from bad decisions.

Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    why does this sound like a typical r/choosingbeggars post?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Demand doesn't matter. Either there's demand or there isn't, either way the calculation remains the same. There's no benefit to undercut.
    There is. To sell it to resellers who can't or don't want to undercut by that much.

What many people don't realise is that no-lifers and bots aren't gone. Just because you no longer see 1 copper undercuts, doesn't mean AH is fixed. Instead of undercutting by 1 copper they just list auctions every few minutes, making sure their auctions are the last, so they sell first. Sometimes the only way to deal with AH players and bots is to heavily undercut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Lmao, imagine thinking undercutters are making gold, when they are all poor from bad decisions.
    Imagine thinking that undercutting is a bad decision. Sometimes goods just have to go and go fast.

What's better - to sell 1000 items for 50g each or to sell 100 items for 75g each? If player:

- Has lots of goods to get rid of
    - Expecting prices to fall
    - Can't be bothered to deal with AH bots that list at 75g every few minutes but won't list at 50g

then selling at lower price makes a lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

When you cancel and relist you lose your deposit. I guess that could be worthwhile on high-value items, but commodities? Nah.

Then buy and relist that shitty Classic transmog for a price nobody would ever pay, then.

I feel quite the opposite on Tarren Mill EU, where there are plenty of plebs that still think they need to undercut.

Put something out, and 30min later some moron has put his stacks out for 40% of the items value.

Blizzard forgot to explain the new AH-system to the players, they could have done a quick UI tutorial by tooltips even...

They can certainly do it, and that's great for buyers. The sellers will just make less money. Over time they'll figure that out.

Everyone is both a seller and a buyer so where's the issue? Stuff is expensive? Then be a seller and rake in the cash.

new auction house actually is best thing in this patch. Now I can sell everything in a seconds. Without checking prices, stack separation, undercut etc. Topic starter have very strange logic. Auction in WOW is just like any buy/sell process. If prices are high - no1 buy it. And ppl start to undercut hardly. For example: first few weeks i wanted to buy polymorph book from northrend. It cost around 90k. And price was pretty same for 1 month. I had add it to "favorite". To check prices. And suddenly prices already below 50k. Same for pots, herbs etc. At raid days it always at high price. At Thursday it usually most cheap. And at Friday sometimes. So you can simply buy your stuff in proper time and proper day. Because most of ppl buy something when they need it. And Thursday/Friday usually a days when people doing dailies, farming herbs or simply do not play WOW at all. So they buy nothing from auction and prices going down. Pots in non raid day can cost 60-80 per each. At raid day 150-200 and even more.

Brewmaster
    Oh you poor child. They are making quite a bit... while people like you sit around crying about their items not selling... quite amusing when you try to spin that as you being "rich" and them "poor". You don't get to have to both ways sweetie... either your shit isn't selling or it is... and if it is then why are you throwing a hissy fit over undercutters?

there still is a point to undercuting....the list shows people wilth lower prices,also this new ah is basicaly the same ah with the addon that most people serious about using the ah have been using forever,the prices are high because the raid is still fresh for most guilds