Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, they are not personal. They despawn a couple seconds after being collected. So multiple people can pick them in a very short time frame, but they will disappear shortly after.
    They have also limited charges. I was trying to pick some Zinanthids on my alt and some multiboxer picked a freshly spawned herb and it insta despawned in front of me, even though I flew to it in less than 20 seconds which is supposedly the timer, probably even less than 5 sec because I was really close, but he was faster. So yes, multiboxers are the scourge of solo farmer because they can literally deny you a freshly spawned node. It's not guild wars 2 where nodes are truly personal and independent respawn for every player.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    On my realm (Aerie Peak EU), which is also kind of dead, many herb prices have been crashing lately, especially anchor weed which seems to be hitting rock bottom with tens of thousands listed on AH for as low as 65 gold each.
    If 65g per anchor weed if rock bottom, what would you say about Silvermoon where it regularly dips to 47g.

ITT: practicing free market capitalism = trolling AH players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    Who said there is no need to undercut? Sounds more like a lack of supply.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If 65g per anchor weed if rock bottom, what would you say about Silvermoon where it regularly dips to 47g.
    I’ve seen it for 32g each on A52, and frankly even that is ludicrous.

The new AH is amazing.

But there's always those opposing change, which makes one wonder why they're playing Retail WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    People disliking the new LIFO.... as if the previous system was, in any significant way, different.

Previously: Log in. Undercut prices by a copper. I am now last in, and until undercut, first out.
    Now: Log in. Post at the same price as the current lowest bid price. I am last in, and until someone else posts at my current price(or lower), first out.

Edit:
    I loved Auctionator, and it is slowly but surely coming along with a new version, but the new purchase system is slightly better imo: the option to just buy a bulk quantity, at the current lowest price(s), with the click of the button. Love it. It's more efficient.

The only thing I currently miss about the new system is not being able to track my history. Auctioneer is slowly coming along though so hopefully I will, relatively soon, have that functionality again.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-02-25 at 06:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If mats cost more on your server, that means you can sell them for more, too. Figure it out.

Just throwing it out there, now there is no need to under-cut, prices stay artifically high on much needed items, costing an arm if you play as much mythic+ like I do. Zin'anthid are now sitting at 76Gold a piece on Shattered Hand and there will be no need for the price to be lowered any time soon. Yes I have a Herbalist, and yes I will have to be much more self sufficient now. If it wasn't for the fact I have quite a lot of wealth, i'd be screwed, as many of our raiders currently are because not everyone plays as much.

Blizzard, the new AH system MUST be looked at. Great for sellers, cripples buyers.

Just to note, that the prices on this realm have always been pretty on the higher end side but there were at least fluctuations and times where you could buy Herbs etc relatively cheap. Now, everything that is needed for important pots etc, are stuck on insane high prices.
    We could have a long discussion about how arbitrary costs are on WoW, but the general supply and demand works. For materials, they tend to be overpriced because the demand is higher for them than a finished product. Not to mention usage rate is much much higher on materials. Example being, if I were to make 10 potions which I would use over the course of 30 mins in a m+, and it require 10 Rose's to make each option, which I'm going to consume in seconds to make the 10 pots.
    There is also the effect of producers usually having a profession to supplement their material costs. Add in the titan forging thing where 1 cast gets you multiple pots further devaluing the cost of the potion.

There is also the issue that gathering has no cost. In the real world base materials have a cost built on manpower, scarcity, and refinement. There is a rough cost to base products that requires the "gatherer" to charge a certain fee to not lose money. This simply doesn't exist in wow.

Simply put, there is no making money on production alone.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    People that undercuts are actually retards. Gosh how I hate them.

What I don't like is that sometimes the new AH fails to post an item. So you have to keep trying until it decides it wants to post.
    The people that undercut are actually making gold... while you are here crying about your shit not selling. Hate to break it to you, but in that scenario only one person comes out looking like a "retard"

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    i actually went farming for zin'anthid the other day. had trouble finding lots of nodes. faster to just farm the gold at this point.
    I mean, a lot of people don't realize the simple fact that when farming for something that's purchasable, you should ALWAYS do the thing that yields the most gold per time if you want to be efficient. Regardless of what that is.

If you spend 1 hour farming 100 Zin'anthid that would cost you 5,000g but could have done something else for 1 hour that would have netted you 6,000g you haven't just farmed yourself some herbs - you've farmed yourself out of 1,000g.

Of course, given the high prices of Zin'anthid and the relative ease and simplicity of farming herbs, it's very possible that IS the highest gold/hour easily accessible to you. But very often it also isn't. So do the math, and do some thinking first!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What people don't understand is with the LIFO system, if you undercut it gets you nothing-- it just drops the market price a bit and everybody makes less money.

Think it through. Imagine you have a valuable mount to sell and someone else already listed at 900k. These are the four options.

A) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, but nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    B) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, and someone else lists at 890k. They sell first.
    C) You match at 900k. Nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    D) You match at 900k. Someone else matches too. They sell first.

Of those 4 options, C and D make you the most money. All undercutting does is take money out of your pocket.

Now, I mean, if you want to spend money to troll people you do you, undercut by 10% or whatever. But if you're on the AH to make as much money as possible, that isn't the way to go.
    You assume that demand stays constant, no matter the price, which is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    The market at that time was telling me there were stupid people selling stuff that have no respect for their time and are solo-gathering herbs, using them for pots, selling them for a loss (to them it's still profit, after all the herbs were free, gathered by themselves, time is free after all /s) instead of selling them raw.
    230 to 175 is more than enough to make a tidy profit. Just buy them if it bothers you that much. The market was telling you to buy them to make free money. If you're worried you're going to get undercut before they resell, the maybe you're just complaining about the going rate being lower than you want it to be.

The price of potions will always eventually settle to cost less than the materials for one of them. You make more than one when you craft them.

Dead server AHs were already completely fucked, new AH had little to nothing to do with it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this new auction house?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The new AH system is amazing. If an item is high in price then maybe it’s because it’s needed

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What people don't understand is with the LIFO system, if you undercut it gets you nothing-- it just drops the market price a bit and everybody makes less money.

Think it through. Imagine you have a valuable mount to sell and someone else already listed at 900k. These are the four options.

A) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, but nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    B) You undercut at 890k. Market price drops, and someone else lists at 890k. They sell first.
    C) You match at 900k. Nobody else lists. Your mount sells first.
    D) You match at 900k. Someone else matches too. They sell first.

Of those 4 options, C and D make you the most money. All undercutting does is take money out of your pocket.

Now, I mean, if you want to spend money to troll people you do you, undercut by 10% or whatever. But if you're on the AH to make as much money as possible, that isn't the way to go.
    Not quite, you are forgetting listing fees which is option E - List and it times out and doesnt sell costing you gold.
    This depends on item and rarity/demand etc though. Much worse for BoE's/actual items than crafting mats as their listing fees hurt more (transmog especially)
    But you are right, look at dredged leather now, went from routinely selling at 25-35g each and tanked to 7g on my server in under a week (I was farming 1k per hour so this really hurt my gold making value). Started with someone undercutting by 1 or 2g then someone posted a single one for like 12g and next time I looked there was 15k listed at a new undercut and kept going down.

On a side note, I am seeing the same thing I found in vanilla happening - auctions listed below vendor price, or lower than vendor + list and AH cut values. Now that is pure gold losses regardless. Dont mind the below vendor value ones because I just buy them and go vendor it. The other low ones usually just make it hard to actually move stuff that should sell for an ok amount.

Also as for Zin - Both my full/high pop servers are currently over 80g each for them. Its not that your server is low pop forcing prices up, its that we arent in that zone every day anymore = less people farming and high usage right now plus activities in other zones without said herbs taking up play time. For example while doing dailies etc there I would regularly get 50-100 just doing dailies/quests and a little farming. Now I go there only usually during emissary day. Thats a large drop in total amounts id imagine over the playerbase.
    Last edited by Dazu; 2020-02-26 at 07:50 AM.

Demand doesn't matter. Either there's demand or there isn't, either way the calculation remains the same. There's no benefit to undercut.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    The people that undercut are actually making gold... while you are here crying about your shit not selling. Hate to break it to you, but in that scenario only one person comes out looking like a "retard"
    Lmao, imagine thinking undercutters are making gold, when they are all poor from bad decisions.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

why does this sound like a typical r/choosingbeggars post?

When you cancel and relist you lose your deposit. I guess that could be worthwhile on high-value items, but commodities? Nah.