Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wearing more quantity of clothes is not more civilized, that's something invented and engrained in real world cultures.

It's merely a fashion they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    There were others using arcane, Legion did not come because of it. They regressed to nigh quilboar state. It's just that as Elves they are more intelligent.

In comparison to Highborne they are low civilisation, low culture mongres who live in tree huts. they do tear their enemies with bare hands though.
    Ah, you're being in character, I forget that happens in here too. Almost fits a blood elf, except they would know that the highborne have returned to Darnassian society.

Not triggered though a little amued. Just in case you are being serious though, it's very simple, Highborne are also night elves0
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-03-07 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Ah, you're being in character, I forget that happens in here too. Almost fits a blood elf, except they would know that the highborne have returned to Darnassian society.

Not triggered though a little amued. Just in case you are being serious though, it's very simple, Highborne are also night elves0
    Very few rejects from who were hidden in the jungle. More mad than not.

Too few to change anything for good.

Honestly I don't see any appeal in playing NB. There is one big problem I have with them - they ALL LOOK THE SAME. There is hardly any difference between them, talk about army of clones.

Even if the playable models were faithful to NPC they'd still have serious issues with making them stand out. the reason why Zandalari look so appealing is because they have good variety of options to make them look unique, there is much smaller probability in finding identical looking Zanda than with NB.

They had nice chapter in Legion, and the music was nice in that hideout hub. But as a race on their own they don't really look that impressive to me.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Another post from the alt account of Rhllor, nothing to see h...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Honestly I don't see any appeal in playing NB. There is one big problem I have with them - they ALL LOOK THE SAME. There is hardly any difference between them, talk about army of clones.

What a savage burn
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

Even if the playable models were faithful to NPC they'd still have serious issues with making them stand out. the reason why Zandalari look so appealing is because they have good variety of options to make them look unique, there is much smaller probability in finding identical looking Zanda than with NB.

They had nice chapter in Legion, and the music was nice in that hideout hub. But as a race on their own they don't really look that impressive to me.
    I struggle to find the differences between the blood and void elf females more so than I do oin nightborne males, but thier customisation options are as uninspiring as the male night elf ones... and yes I play one of those still.

- - - Updated - - -

Very few rejects from who were hidden in the jungle. More mad than not.

Too few to change anything for good.
    Well, they are clearly not rejected - the whole point is their accepted.
    Definitely not few, they've built up the caste.
    Definitely not mad either - uncorrupted was the term used to describe them.

There seem to be a lot of night elf mage npcs around if you count the ones shown in WoD, BFA assaults, cinematics, those with the Kirin'tor in Legion - and thsoe are teh Darnassian allied ones, incluiding their shen'dralar leader, there is also an entire zone of highborne in Azsuna under a curse by Queen Azshara, and the Moonguard of suramar, who survived with aremanant after the nightborne attack.

How many Illidari do you think there are? or Void elves for that matter - yet illidari is a night elf cusotmisation, and void elves an entire allied race.

I barely even see these guys in game anymore (for good reason, their models are half baked ass). Seems they turned into vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

elisande looked pretty savage in the beta be4 they white washed her.

I guess the idea of a race of black addicts didnt lend it self well to todays pc climate..
    That is obviusly while under some sort of effect...

But hey, everything to feel attacked hm?

On topic: Yeah i was also a bit miffed, that the Nightborn do not look like the ones ingame... they could have at least altered the eyes to fit their brethren...
    The females are... ok but the males... horrible... evolution has played a mean prank on them.

I struggle to find the differences between the blood and void elf females more so than I do oin nightborne males, but thier customisation options are as uninspiring as the male night elf ones... and yes I play one of those still.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they are clearly not rejected - the whole point is their accepted.
    Definitely not few, they've built up the caste.
    Definitely not mad either - uncorrupted was the term used to describe them.

There seem to be a lot of night elf mage npcs around if you count the ones shown in WoD, BFA assaults, cinematics, those with the Kirin'tor in Legion - and thsoe are teh Darnassian allied ones, incluiding their shen'dralar leader, there is also an entire zone of highborne in Azsuna under a curse by Queen Azshara, and the Moonguard of suramar, who survived with aremanant after the nightborne attack.

How many Illidari do you think there are? or Void elves for that matter - yet illidari is a night elf cusotmisation, and void elves an entire allied race.
    They were for thousands of years.
    Castles can be build with magic.
    Which means mad by NE standards.

Those can be new ones. Undead don't count.

Nightborne are Highborne or rather they were until revolution. Now they are a pleb too.

Fetus, I Know you're trolling me, but for the sake of those who might actually believe you,
    They were for thousands of years.
    Castles can be build with magic.
    Which means mad by NE standards.
    Mad, by night elf standards? says who? why? how? Not only is that totally false Fetus, it isn't logical either. Think! Why would any night elf consider building anything mad? Especially for a race that loves to create and loves making their stuff beautiful.

What evidence have you seen that night elves (regardless of what their discipline or following is) consider building stuff mad! And what reason would they have for that.

Those can be new ones. Undead don't count.
    Let's look at this logically.

1. If they don't count - In this scenario there are still many other very alive night elven highborne including the player - this is not just an npc group or caste , and every mage night elf player is one - a highborne, just like every night elf demon hunter you play is an Illidari. Yet the demon hunter has a customisation that reflects this, the highborne does not. You still have Darnassian and Shen'dralar highborne ones. The game has shown you schools of night elf novices, lots of returned Darnassian Highborne and Shen'dralar ones (look at Darnassus, Stonetalon mountain, Azshara, Feralas - check out the mage npcs in WoD, check out the night elf mage casters in BFA cinematic, check out the night elf mages in the Assaults on Zuldazar and Kul'tiras, check out the night elf mages in Broken Isles and Azsuna (the twins who are live), not the entire zone full of cursed highborne. Check out the night elf in the Mage Order hall. There are more NElf highborne than there are Illidari or void elves.

2. You can't really say "they don't count" - because for the purpose of my reply, they are highborne and further proof that night elf are highborne. But I know I'm being trolled anyway.

Nightborne are Highborne or rather they were until revolution. Now they are a pleb too.

Some Nightborne were, not all. And we are not sure how they consider themselves in regards to the kalorei. Do they consider themselves a new class of night elf, with the designation Shal'dorei - or do they consider themselves a new race of night elf hat is called Shal'dorei - in either instance, do those amongst them that are highborne still wear the designation after the change?

The question is more important because their culture has stayed the same for nearly 10k years.. the lore says they preserved a culture pristinely. . It must be the culture after the changes around when the shiled went up.. i.e. Elisande leads instead of Queen Azshara, and the priesthood is gone. However the rest of th e kaldorei urban culture is what is maintained.

Which means they would keep the same hierarchies and structures, attitudes etc, but just like they gave themselves a new name, would their elite class be called something else now? The fact that they have lower classes tells us a few things, those who are highborne are no longer the elite few amongst millions if not billions of elves, would highborne mean the same thing? or Kaldorei? I suspect it does, but it depends on what blizzard wants to to show them as.

Are they going in the vein as a night elf sub-race or in the vein of a totally new race of night elf - It should be theformer given how too much is the same.. Suramar, the night, the kaldorei arcane culture etc, however that has never stopped a gropu from having new beginnings and moving away from their routes to become something even more unique from the kaldorei and the highborne.

Highborne has always been a kaldorei thing, when you think of highborne you think of the night elf civilization and it's ruling elite, you don't think of Nightborne or high elves, instead you think of them as what they are, high elves or ni
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-03-13 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I barely even see these guys in game anymore (for good reason, their models are half baked ass). Seems they turned into vulpera.
    Eh tbf, I never saw that many Nightborne players to begin with (especially males, for obvious reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Eh tbf, I never saw that many Nightborne players to begin with (especially males, for obvious reasons).
    My fella plays both a night elf and a nightborne - and both are males.

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Fetus, I Know you're trolling me, but for the sake of those who might actually believe you,
    Mad, by night elf standards? says who? why? how? Not only is that totally false Fetus, it isn't logical either. Think! Why would any night elf consider building anything mad? Especially for a race that loves to create and loves making their stuff beautiful.

What evidence have you seen that night elves (regardless of what their discipline or following is) consider building stuff mad! And what reason would they have for that.

Let's look at this logically.

1. If they don't count - In this scenario there are still many other very alive night elven highborne including the player - this is not just an npc group or caste , and every mage night elf player is one - a highborne, just like every night elf demon hunter you play is an Illidari. Yet the demon hunter has a customisation that reflects this, the highborne does not. You still have Darnassian and Shen'dralar highborne ones. The game has shown you schools of night elf novices, lots of returned Darnassian Highborne and Shen'dralar ones (look at Darnassus, Stonetalon mountain, Azshara, Feralas - check out the mage npcs in WoD, check out the night elf mage casters in BFA cinematic, check out the night elf mages in the Assaults on Zuldazar and Kul'tiras, check out the night elf mages in Broken Isles and Azsuna (the twins who are live), not the entire zone full of cursed highborne. Check out the night elf in the Mage Order hall. There are more NElf highborne than there are Illidari or void elves.

2. You can't really say "they don't count" - because for the purpose of my reply, they are highborne and further proof that night elf are highborne. But I know I'm being trolled anyway.

Some Nightborne were, not all. And we are not sure how they consider themselves in regards to the kalorei. Do they consider themselves a new class of night elf, with the designation Shal'dorei - or do they consider themselves a new race of night elf hat is called Shal'dorei - in either instance, do those amongst them that are highborne still wear the designation after the change?

The question is more important because their culture has stayed the same for nearly 10k years.. the lore says they preserved a culture pristinely. . It must be the culture after the changes around when the shiled went up.. i.e. Elisande leads instead of Queen Azshara, and the priesthood is gone. However the rest of th e kaldorei urban culture is what is maintained.

Which means they would keep the same hierarchies and structures, attitudes etc, but just like they gave themselves a new name, would their elite class be called something else now? The fact that they have lower classes tells us a few things, those who are highborne are no longer the elite few amongst millions if not billions of elves, would highborne mean the same thing? or Kaldorei? I suspect it does, but it depends on what blizzard wants to to show them as.

Are they going in the vein as a night elf sub-race or in the vein of a totally new race of night elf - It should be theformer given how too much is the same.. Suramar, the night, the kaldorei arcane culture etc, however that has never stopped a gropu from having new beginnings and moving away from their routes to become something even more unique from the kaldorei and the highborne.

Highborne has always been a kaldorei thing, when you think of highborne you think of the night elf civilization and it's ruling elite, you don't think of Nightborne or high elves, instead you think of them as what they are, high elves or ni
    Mad because of living in nigh ruins in jungle for ten thousand years.

Uncorrupted by NE standards means mad.

There are very few of them. And now they are pleb ruled by their serfs.

All of them were Highborne. They continued the arcane tradition.

When I think of Highborne I think of Highborne. The Kaldorei were subelves, a lesser sort.

Mad because of living in nigh ruins in jungle for ten thousand years. [/quote]
    Wrong group is mad then.

Because Eldre'thalas was pristine up until 1,000 years ago and SLOWLY fell to ruin, when you go there and drive the night elves out as a horde character, they aren't even completely ruined.

The Hyjal Kaldorei are the ones that lived amongst ruins for 10,000 years, if anyone is crazy because of that, it would be them first before the highborne.

Uncorrupted by NE standards means mad.

There are very few of them. And now they are pleb ruled by their serfs.

All of them were Highborne. They continued the arcane tradition.

When I think of Highborne I think of Highborne. The Kaldorei were subelves, a lesser sort.

Now we talked about trolling.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-03-13 at 06:34 PM.

Mad because of living in nigh ruins in jungle for ten thousand years.

Wrong group is mad then.

Because Eldre'thalas was pristine up until 1,000 years ago and SLOWLY fell to ruin, when you go there and drive the night elves out as a horde character, they aren't even completely ruined.

The Hyjal Kaldorei are the ones that lived amongst ruins for 10,000 years, if anyone is crazy because of that, it would be them first before the highborne.

Now we talked about trolling.
    [/QUOTE]

1k years is more than enough to go mad. And they went mad the moment they started to live in that jungle.

All of them are crazy. Kaldorei are the craziest of them all. Bloody Night Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    you either ride a mount or RP walk...you do not run like some sort of a peasant or a brute! Show some god dam class

Indeed, old chap! We also need more chauffeured mounts, like the heirloom chopper, or an option to summon 2 passenger mounts with a chauffeure riding it and you in the back of it. How else am I supposed to RP a snobby BE or NB properly, when I have to steer my mounts myself, like all those filthy peasants?
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2020-03-17 at 09:35 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Well, i think they are the most ugly elf race.

Bloodelfs > Void elfs > Nightelfs >> That abnomination

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    Well, i think they are the most ugly elf race.

Bloodelfs > Void elfs > Nightelfs >> That abnomination
    A bit extreme don't you think? The nightborne douse night elf faces, even though they end up coming out a bit worse off, especially on the males, but the females look very nice.

A bit extreme don't you think? The nightborne douse night elf faces, even though they end up coming out a bit worse off, especially on the males, but the females look very nice.
    If you like duck face then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    If you like duck face then sure.
    I guess blizzard doesn't want the night elf to look as attractive as the Thalassian elf.. I don't really believe this because it doesn't makes sense, you want your models to always look good for what they represent, elves, amongst other things are renowned for their beauty and near perfect qualities.

Until TBC, night elves and blood elves shared the same model with only the racial characteristic variation (pale v purple skin, silver v normal eyes, different angle of ears (same ears though).

It was good of them to make the models at least different in TBC, it's better for game purposes, but it's not good that the blood/high elf is so clearly better looking. The night elf should look exotic and attractive in that near ethereal way. And they can do - if you look at the blizzard art, the cinematics -- Tyrande/ Malfurion, posters of night elves, they look good, just not sure how the in-game model especially for males falls short, and even worse on the Nightborne, when the npc models aren't actually that bad, even looking good.