Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo9999 View Post
    That is a bit stupid as in classic/vanilla you can/could not use real money to buy gold (without using illegal sources). How could buying stronger items for gold be pay to win if you are not able to use real money to buy gold?????
    That's why they implement the token system. So people had a legit way to convert USD to gold. That's the point. Either way you do the same thing.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So what EXACTLY did you 'win'? Here's a hint, not a thing. While you are bombing the thread with your tears, what are you actually going to do about it except sit there and cry? That's right, you aren't going to do anything.
    Win? Im not here to "win". I just feel it feels bad that by playing the game less and work more at my job i get me more ingame. My character will be stronger then ppls that play more then me. By simple work 10h extra i get something that could take many 100 hours in game to get. If not very lucky. Not great gameplay. But maybe you dont care about dps...about winning that. But i can tell you that top 2 most downloaded addon are a dps meter on. One of them i mean. Now go think of what this mean!

    Good luck!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I can emphatically say, you are Wrong. During Firelands, for example, Frost DK BiS weapons were Trashdrops. I remember my assistant GM/RL always bitching that they would never drop, and refused to pay the going rate on the AH. So if BiS weapons are not "20% of your Total DPS" idk what is.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, but with enough gold you just paid for a Carry in a raid group, this DID happen in Vanilla, and is the Essence of "Pay to Win".
    Ok maybe you are right. Dont even care if there is 10 items before this expansion. I still feel its very bad gameplay and P2W. Like if you dont have the items you cant win the DPS meter. OR even get high. In the most cases. Not fun being mile away in DPS and only reason is one BOE.

  3. #183
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    Win? Im not here to "win". I just feel it feels bad that by playing the game less and work more at my job i get me more ingame. My character will be stronger then ppls that play more then me. By simple work 10h extra i get something that could take many 100 hours in game to get. If not very lucky. Not great gameplay. But maybe you dont care about dps...about winning that. But i can tell you that top 2 most downloaded addon are a dps meter on. One of them i mean. Now go think of what this mean!

    Good luck!
    oh oh you 'feeeeeel it feeeels bad'... What are you going to do about it? Nothing... You are going to continue to give Blizzard your money.
    No, I dont care what Blizzard does, because I haven't given them any of my money since 2017

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  4. #184
    I never thought that I would read the words "pay to win" and "WoW" in one sentence... How deluded can you be to think it is pay to win? I mean, yes... In theory you can buy the item by getting gold with real money and then buy x-item for said gold in the AH. But: No decent player will do so. And that is because of two reasons.

    First: Anyone who needs to buy an item for real life money in order to compete with people in regards to dps, probably is just bad at the game. Ofcourse, there is the whole world first example and using real life money in order to buy items probably has happened. But that is a very specific scenario and shouldn't be taken as an example.

    Secondly: You all say that it is "so bad" at the moment because the items never increased your DPS by 25+%. This is simply not true. They don't increase your DPS by that %. Infinite Stars is a Simbait. It is the most useles trait to ever exist. Unless, we talk about a pure single target encounter. Which in regards to most bossfight in this expansion isn't the case. I mean look at Nyalotha... Almost all fights are AOE cleave. Besides that, the pure stat traits like "x% more haste out of all sources" are way better because they are consistent. EV has been nerfed into the ground, so who cares about that and then we have TD which is a good trait. But that doesnt make the whole game pay to win, tbh. Also... Pay to win for me means to be able to compete with the best people in the worlds or to yolo throught Nyalotha Mythic by buying overpowered gear with money. You do not do this AT ALL. It literally has 0 impact in regards to that.

    This whole thread, in all fairness, is just another example for people crying about the game for the sake of crying. Hate culture at its finest. Or... Probably just someone who gets outdpsed by other people and then blames it on the bad, bad, corruption.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    Win? Im not here to "win". I just feel it feels bad that by playing the game less and work more at my job i get me more ingame. My character will be stronger then ppls that play more then me. By simple work 10h extra i get something that could take many 100 hours in game to get.
    You feel it is pay to win because you are making use of what you feel is wrong and pay to win? LoL. The same person playing the game can earn that gold because that is how tokens work. Every token you sell is paid for by someone making that gold in-game. The gold is not created with tokens but transferred. So if you can sell a token to "pay to win" then someone can not buy your token and instead buy a BoE.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #186
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,140
    all limit did was buy bis corrupt and auto won right

    On Topic.. It's not pay to win, it's play or die

    Totally different

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...

    Is this good gameplay or not? Pay to win?

    Blizzard probly happy about it as they earn more $$$


    EDIT: What i mean by p2w is win the damage meter. More dps make dungeon/raid/pvp easyer. One with buyed BIS for real life money VS one with no corrupt or a bad one. Who would you put your money on? Who would you like to have in your raid/dungeon/arena. Also my english are pretty bad so sorry for not explaining so all understand. I did my best, sorry.

    Apparently Preach Gaming have a video about it.

    ... NOW ? ...

    i think you are a bit late to the cash grab party.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    all limit did was buy bis corrupt and auto won right

    On Topic.. It's not pay to win, it's play or die

    Totally different
    Pretty sure Method spent even more (even going so far as to pay for transfers) and they totally got WF because of that right? haha... yea, skill still matters a shit load more than the gear.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Pretty sure Method spent even more (even going so far as to pay for transfers) and they totally got WF because of that right? haha... yea, skill still matters a shit load more than the gear.
    Method dropped about 250 million while Limit dropped 400 million. How much of that can be attributed to Method simply having better connections is anybody's guess. But neither guild used WoW tokens to buy the gold so it's kind of pointless to talk about it.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You could always buy BOEs for money, so either wow has always been p2w or never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    buying BoE’s has been a thing since
    Classic so if that’s your metric then the game has always been P2W.
    Tokens for real money is a fairly new thing, so while you could make a 3rd party deal to purchase items for $ it was against the ToS making. Its when there is a methodology supported by blizzard for MAJOR spikes in power that an issue arises.

  11. #191
    Stood in the Fire Tatahe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arequipa
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You could always buy BOEs for money, so either wow has always been p2w or never.
    When I used to play (from WotLK til mid BfA) you almost never were able to buy end game pieces. Even if you got a mythic titanforged socketed leech piece on the AH it was like a small 3-4% upgrade on that slot, not even a 1% dps increase. And most of the time those pieces were boots, bracers, gloves, nothing relevant.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    is there anyone apart from guilds trying to compete for world first like Method or Limit actualy wiling to spend some 80-120euro to buy single item?
    if so, i pity the fool
    Never mind the server transfer fees to go and grab them. Look at class discords on 3 different ones I have seen people asking for add ons or websites to track multiple server AH so they can buy boes. Which is just pure insanity at this point the race is over, some do still want things for high end mythic plus and arena.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You feel it is pay to win because you are making use of what you feel is wrong and pay to win? LoL. The same person playing the game can earn that gold because that is how tokens work. Every token you sell is paid for by someone making that gold in-game. The gold is not created with tokens but transferred. So if you can sell a token to "pay to win" then someone can not buy your token and instead buy a BoE.
    well in OP i didnt say its pay to win. Where? i ASKED if it is. But if you now ask me i say its very close to it. And so does preach and other streamers and ppls in this thread think. Maybe all of us are wrong and you are right. Could be! And my point was really it dosnt feel good that you depend on luck. Get good corr gear else your dps suck compared to ppls with luck. Could even be like you put 200 hours in playtime...someone put 100h . But he have more luck and does 20% more dps then you becuz 1 item. Balanced and good gameplay?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ... NOW ? ...

    i think you are a bit late to the cash grab party.
    Its more so then ever. Alot bigger powerspike from ONE item. And yes some dont even agree with me. So cleary its not clear as you(and me) see it. Read the thread and you get what i mean.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Rank 1 world (in every class, not just mage) mage currently on Ra'den, not a single point of corruption damage https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16
    Lmfao. Love it when people make these posts.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by D3cadent View Post
    Lmfao. Love it when people make these posts.
    I had honestly forgotten about stat corruptions, but increase from his stat corruptions is nowhere near 30%, anyone can get it. It's most still skill of the player.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    And my point was really it dosnt feel good that you depend on luck.
    So your point is that it doesn't feel good to depend on luck but you make the thread about pay to win? Also just because a streamer says something doesn't make it true. The entire job of a streamer is to be entertainment and the more successful ones know what to say or do to play to the crowd. You also literally just got done saying you think its wrong you can pay to win and yet now claim you don't feel that way. Make up your mind.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #197
    Epic! Oakshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...
    Do the math on literally how much money you would have to spend on tokens JUST to purchase a single item. Most people would not be stupid enough to spend that much money for a single item. I mean, if you are averaging 150k per token? that's like $265 for just one item that's 2m gold.

  18. #198
    "Winning" is not the word I'd use to describe paying $200+ just to top meters in some random guild.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So your point is that it doesn't feel good to depend on luck but you make the thread about pay to win? Also just because a streamer says something doesn't make it true. The entire job of a streamer is to be entertainment and the more successful ones know what to say or do to play to the crowd. You also literally just got done saying you think its wrong you can pay to win and yet now claim you don't feel that way. Make up your mind.
    2 diff things... what i said in OP is one thing. And what i feel is one thing. IF i said in OP that its pay to win. And then i reply you saying its not. I would understand you but that not the case.

    So to make it clear for you. I didnt say its pay to win in OP. I ASKED if it is. But if you would ask me. I would say its close to pay to win dpsmeter. YES.

    I also asked about if its good gameplay....so when i said "it dosnt feel good. " that was what i mean.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Do the math on literally how much money you would have to spend on tokens JUST to purchase a single item. Most people would not be stupid enough to spend that much money for a single item. I mean, if you are averaging 150k per token? that's like $265 for just one item that's 2m gold.
    I know many that already doing it. Also... i know ppls play wow to get corrupt for 100 of hours. They grinding for it....if they took that time and work a fews hours more it would make them get there ALOT faster. YES sound crazy to work more at your job to get gear inside a game yes? But if that saves you 100 of hours in game. Does not seems that mad? else you would sit play a game hopeing you have luck for 100 of hours....and maybe not even get anything. Thats also waste of life. Alot more hours even!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    "Winning" is not the word I'd use to describe paying $200+ just to top meters in some random guild.
    Well i rather work 10h extra and know i get the items then sit wasting 100 of hours of my life and maybe not even get it. Thats winning for me. But go ahead. If you wanna waste 100 of hours more then someone else.

    Good for you man. Im happy for you!

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    Well i rather work 10h extra and know i get the items then sit wasting 100 of hours of my life and maybe not even get it. Thats winning for me. But go ahead. If you wanna waste 100 of hours more then someone else.

    Good for you man. Im happy for you!
    I mean, if you call playing the game "wasting 100h" then maybe you just don't really enjoy actually playing the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •