Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    "sometimes" possible = possible

    Definition of possible: "something that may exist or happen, but that is not necessarily certain or probable."
    adjective
    adjective: possible

    able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

    Not possible on my server. So wrong still. You're thinking feasible. In that case, yes, it is Feasible.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but does that by any means give you some impassable advantage? the answer is no, so its not p2w, more like p2 get a slight increase in power...
    thats why people who dont aim for world first race rather SELL those items than keep them to themselves, they know they can get on the same powr levels with soulbound gear and milk morons who buy the items...
    But that's how most people define p2w.

    The common perception is: p2w = pay to get an advantage

  3. #323
    Buying items for ingame gold is intended and called "trading".

    Basically as soon as you could spend real money to get ingame gold through blizzard - the game became P2W.

  4. #324
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    This the epitome of projection. Youre literally changing the definition so it fits your narrative.. pathetic
    There is no "the definition". That's a big part of this argument - that different people choose to use different definitions. Ironically I am one of the few who isn't using my definition to fit a narrative, I am using it to drive a narrative. Convince me of a different definition, and my narrative will change accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The simple fact that the means exist, to buy the best gear, with real money, is all thats required for a system to be considered pay to win. Show us otherwise please.
    The link that @Kaver provided supports my definition quite nicely: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win

    "Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

    "Several games nowadays have the option to pay real money to enhance the experience of the player, often frustrating him unless he pays up."

    "Pay to Win is a situation in gaming (usually MMOs or Massively Multiplayer Online games) where companies allow you to buy items or advantages with real money that cannot be obtained normally by playing the game.

    An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win."

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    adjective
    adjective: possible

    able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

    Not possible on my server. So wrong still. You're thinking feasible. In that case, yes, it is Feasible.
    Okay. My point was based on the definition of possible that I wrote.

    It's something that can happen in the game. It's not necessarily possible at any given time on every server, but it can happen somewhere in the game.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Buying items for ingame gold is intended and called "trading".

    Basically as soon as you could spend real money to get ingame gold through blizzard - the game became P2W.
    a)you could do this sincee classic
    b)win what

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But that's how most people define p2w.

    The common perception is: p2w = pay to get an advantage
    The Actual common perception is Pay To Win is literal in meaning. You have to pay in order to win or succeed.

    There is no other definition. Speaking purely by the definition. 1) you cannot pay for gear with money directly. 2) it won't ensure any advantage in the least. 3) it wont even ensure you can succeed in playing well or beating anything of relevance.

    Even using your false definition of "paying for an advantage", it fails. Having 1 or 2 corrupted items is not an advantage. It wont give you the edge needed to beat someone in PvP if you play like garbage. It won't give the upper had on someone who has the same gear but from a boss drop. It wont help you to survive mechanics and ensure you get a kill on a raid boss. It gives a slight dps boost that will not be enough to trump skill or someone who has the same gear without buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win."
    You can apply this rule to corruption gear.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Okay. My point was based on the definition of possible that I wrote.

    It's something that can happen in the game. It's not necessarily possible at any given time on every server, but it can happen somewhere in the game.
    My point is on the Real definition. Not the ones you randomly make up. By the real definitions, its Feasible somewhere. Can it happen? Sure. Will someone who bought it suddenly be beating players in PvP or destroying mythic raid bosses? Not a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But that's how most people define p2w.

    The common perception is: p2w = pay to get an advantage
    well if that is the point of view then wow was always p2w...

    i would say most people perceive p2w is when yo can buy advantage you CANT gain by playing, or it would be necessary to play impossible amount of time to get it

    my point of view of p2w is if the game itself (blizz) offers you to buy the power, and that is not the case... (and no, tokens dont fit, as you sell tokens to other players, and buy gear from other players, blizzard just got the cut which they would anyway as you have to pay sub)

  11. #331
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But that's how most people define p2w.

    The common perception is: p2w = pay to get an advantage
    Dude. YOU linked a page with some common definitions. I suggest you read it....

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You can apply this rule to corruption gear.
    How does having infinite stars give someone an advantage if they keep dieing to mechanics? Or how does it help them in a PvP fight when they have no idea how to PvP?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The Actual common perception is Pay To Win is literal in meaning. You have to pay in order to win or succeed.
    This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You can apply this rule to corruption gear.
    you have literally two guaranteed corrupted items a week if you actualy play the game...

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Dude. YOU linked a page with some common definitions. I suggest you read it....
    If you get an unfair advantage in pvp it makes the game unbalanced.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.
    which if you consider corruption outside of "ranking" of which gives you most pure dps, is not true with corrupted gear

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is not what we see in most game. Normally p2w games just give the player a groundbreaking advantage. But the player still need to play to win.
    Then its not p2w. Unless that advantage is something they cannot earn in game, then its not p2w. Its pay for convenience.

    Saying "the player still needs to play to win" is like saying you still need to breath to live. No point in spending money in a game if you don't intend to actually play the darn thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you get an unfair advantage in pvp it makes the game unbalanced.
    But, you don't. Its not an advantage in PvP unless you're skilled already and took the needed time to get the resistance to use the gear without being killed by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you have literally two guaranteed corrupted items a week if you actualy play the game...
    I play WoW every day, doing many many high keys and both heroic and mythic raiding. I still don't have Twilight devastation.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...

    Is this good gameplay or not? Pay to win?

    Blizzard probly happy about it as they earn more $$$




    EDIT: What i mean by p2w is win the damage meter. More dps make dungeon/raid/pvp easyer. One with buyed BIS for real life money VS one with no corrupt or a bad one. Who would you put your money on? Who would you like to have in your raid/dungeon/arena. Also my english are pretty bad so sorry for not explaining so all understand. I did my best, sorry.


    VERY funny thing is that i asked both if its good gameplay and if its P2W. None/few answer if its good gameplay. All get stuck if its P2W instead. Ppl are funny

    Apparently Preach Gaming have a video about it.

    That’s not really what pay to win is. People have always been able to buy gold, through gold sellers or now blizzard and buy gear from the AH - don’t act like it’s a new thing.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How does having infinite stars give someone an advantage if they keep dieing to mechanics? Or how does it help them in a PvP fight when they have no idea how to PvP?
    A bad player will always be bad of course. But infinite stars still makes him a lot more powerful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •