Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So we just gotta wait until someone with better corruption and equivalent skill shows up, yes?
    We've had, what 4 weeks of mythic? There's still a lot of gear to get.

since the introduction of tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well then maybe just quit i guess, because i find corruption insanely fun and hope they have a system still in SL that is similar.
    the problem with corruption is the INSANE rng,not only do you have 53 combinations( titanforge was a joke by comparison,blizz rly listened LOL),but you also have huge swings in dps,same person same setup can have wild dps swings every pull,30-40% one pull vs another just from coruption luck or bad luck,and not having any good coruption = you are useless,raids are tuned around coruption

Because you're not buying it for real money. You're buying it for gold, which is easily (more easily imo) obtainable in game. If you could earn "Real money crystals" in "p2w" game at the same rate you can earn gold in wow, I wouldn't call it p2w either.
    You can buy power for real money. Fact. You can also buy power for gold. Good another fact. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Xauro View Post
    I see 475ilvl items with socket and good corruption for like 2-3 million on the AH. So now ppl buy wow tokens for real life money and then buy this items...

Is this good gameplay or not? Pay to win?

Blizzard probly happy about it as they earn more $$$
    This has been the case since Vanilla, so if it wasn't "Pay to Win" then, it's not now.

We've had, what 4 weeks of mythic? There's still a lot of gear to get.
    ...or you just buy the *right* corruption pieces off the Auction house right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    blizzard isnt selling the armor,by this logic wow has been p2w since day 1 because you could always buy boe's or just buy boosts
    But never or atleast very few times..... have ONE boe been so good. 1 item adds like like 20% of your total damage inside mythics? Thats balanced i guess and very good gameplay?

But never or atleast very few times..... have ONE boe been so good. 1 item adds like like 20% of your total damage inside mythics? Thats balanced i guess and very good gameplay?
    you can buy a full mythic run for less gold and end up with far more power than from one ah coruption

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    ...or you just buy the *right* corruption pieces off the Auction house right off the bat.
    Or just play the game and end up with better than you could buy. You can only buy a couple of slots at 475 (2 maybe?) you can get every slot by just playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    This has been the case since Vanilla, so if it wasn't "Pay to Win" then, it's not now.
    BOE have never been this powerfull that it adds 20% of your total dps or more. Like 1 boe. Could add that. Tell me when? it havent ALWAYS been like that anyway. 100% sure.

Rank 1 world (in every class, not just mage) mage currently on Ra'den, not a single point of corruption damage https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16
    He has corruption...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...zak/pepegamage

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can buy power for real money. Fact. You can also buy power for gold. Good another fact. What's the point?
    Say you decide you want a sweet perfectly corrupted mythic BoE. You don't have enough gold though, so you decide to go buy tokens so you do. Your tokens sell instantly and you finally have enough gold. You whisper the guy in trade, but he sold it. You go to the AH to buy one, but there's not one there anymore either. There's no item to fill your needs currently available. Now you have to wait. You don't see one for 2-4 weeks. You're now sitting on your hands waiting for that power you were supposed to have paid for. One finally shows up, but it gets bought before you can make a run for it.

Can you see the other side of the argument? If WoW was TRUE P2W, then you would be buying stuff from blizz that either A.) Gave you power from the point your CC was processed, or B.) Gave you a special currency that was used exclusively in a store, ran by Blizz, that sold those direct power gains. Instead, any attempt to P2W is realistically at the whims of other players, and the player driven/controlled market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Was referring to player damage in general which is absolutely reduced, significantly so, in PvP. Complaining about corruption in arena is pointless, as it relates to this topic, as the issue there is corruption itself. If the ONLY source of corruption effects was BOEs then yeah you'd be a lot closer to having a point. But they aren't, so you don't.

And we can argue costs and amount and %'s or whatever until we're blue in the face. The game isn't pay to win, and the OP doesn't even seem to get what 'pay to win' actually means as it relates to games.

By the OP's obtuse definition of P2W (pwning teh meturz omgggg!!!111) I've been 'winning' WoW most of the time I've been playing it.
    Except people can get far better corruption for arena by dropping real life money. That's the entire point.

You seem to not get what pay to win means.

- - - Updated - - -

In p2w games you buy things you can't reasonably get without paying, directly, from the game developer. Buying gold to buy an upgrade isn't p2w.
    Why? You're giving money directly to the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    is there anyone apart from guilds trying to compete for world first like Method or Limit actualy wiling to spend some 80-120euro to buy single item?
    if so, i pity the fool
    Have you not been paying attention to the gaming industry at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It would take a ton of real life money to deck yourself out in great gear through the AH, especially if these pieces are 2-3 million gold each. The token has been floating around 150-180k gold for most of the expansion, meaning that you'd have to buy 10-12 tokens to get one piece. At $20 USD for a token, that would be $200-$240 USD - for a single piece.

It would be easier to kill rares, finish assaults, and do visions than spend thousands of dollars to fully deck yourself out. That is not "pay to win" at all, so calm down with that narrative.
    So because it takes a ton of money it isn't pay to win?

You guys have some weird ass definitions of pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Guilds have been selling full clears through max-difficulty content for years now, both for money and for gold. BOEs are nothing compared to that.

No, it's not P2W. It can only be called P2W if Blizzard is directly offering BiS-quality gear for money, which they will never do. WoW will never be P2W.
    Except that gear gotten through raids couldn't increase your dps by 30% for a single piece.

Or just play the game and end up with better than you could buy.
    You can buy virtually any corruption off the Auction house, it doesn't matter on which slot you have them as long as it's Mythic Ilvl.
    So, if you don't want to wait, you just buy them, it's not like it's a save bet that you get those corruptions.

I did say not a single point of corruption damage, these people are all like "you have to spend millions on inf stars!"
    and a lot of them corruptions weren't even a factor, a few didn't appear to have any corruption damage AT ALL.
    Why are you lying? This is what I asked for and then you shifted goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Except that gear gotten through raids couldn't increase your dps by 30% for a single piece.
    No single piece increases your damage by 30%

BOE have never been this powerfull that it adds 20% of your total dps or more. Like 1 boe. Could add that. Tell me when? it havent ALWAYS been like that anyway. 100% sure.
    That's a balancing issue, now a P2W issue. You are literally saying "but it wasn't an issue before because the items weren't so strong". If these effects were 10-20% as strong as they are now, you would be complaining. Like I said before, you also wouldn't be complaining if you could buy the item for 10k. What is happening, is blizz released horribly balanced corruptions, and people who can't afford these BoE variants are upset that other people can.

Furthermore, Blizzard isn't selling you the item. Blizzard isn't facilitating the sale. Blizz isn't controlling prices. The price could quadruple tomorrow, or it drop to a quarter of the current price. Blizzard is, at best indirectly related to the sale.

Ah yes, that whopping like 300 more mastery from his corruptions totally made him win and not his skill
    You seem to not know what mastery does for fire mages. I guarantee you his parse would not be number 1, likely not even top 100, if he had 300 less mastery for that fight.