View Poll Results: Which game is the biggest of em all?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • World of Warcraft

185 93.91%
  • Starcraft

1 0.51%
  • Diablo

3 1.52%
  • Heroes of the Storm

0 0%
  • Overwatch

3 1.52%
  • Hearthstone

4 2.03%
  • Other

1 0.51%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    TOP 3 in my pov are.

WoW because long revenue.

Hearthstone because if igood recall, it was first card board game on PC and later on mobiles.

Overwatch because... Idk i see only copy paste of TF2.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Even today? I assume Overwatch is far more popular atm then WoW.
    You would think that but matchmaking is pretty much dead or very long wait time for a game that supposedly has a huge fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    You would think that but matchmaking is pretty much dead or very long wait time for a game that supposedly has a huge fanfare.
    Depends on your ranking honestly, my wife gets long wait times at diamond+ for dps but my silver ass gets like 5 minute dps queues haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most popular.
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most profitable.
    Diablo 2 probably put Blizzard on the map, and Wow helped it sustain.
    I'd say WC2 put them on the map while SC and Diablo 2 sent them in to the sky.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I suppose that's the curse of being good at aiming and logging over 4000 hours on tf2 with a third of it being on sniper and scout alone. Good times.

Biggest is obviously WoW, also highest revenue generating, Hearthstone is likely highest ROI rate

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Alright. That's fair.

Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    WC II AND Diablo together honestly, then they took off with Diablo II and SC, WC RTS has always been a lower seller, I mean, WC III only sold 1 million more copies than WC II

It looks like I'm the only one who thinks Diablo I gave them a name.

wacraft 2 and diablo put it on the map. Starcraft and D2 fired them into the stratosphere. WoW helped sustain that high. OW and Hearthstone (which is actually earning them quite a lot and a LOT of people play it) are bringing it into a new age.

Well..I guess we have a winner with a margin unprecedented on MMO Champion

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Biggest is obviously WoW, also highest revenue generating, Hearthstone is likely highest ROI rate
    I'd agree with this.

OW, Starcraft, Diablo, whatever, might be popular in their own right, but they aren't cash-making machines.

Having played since release I've never bought a single loot box in OW, nor do you need to buy anything beyond the box to play the game on even the most basic level. Starcraft and Diablo were just single purchases of the game and you were off.

That's not true for WoW or Hearthstone. WoW you obviously have to pay for just to play (in addition to paying the box fee,) while Hearthstone basically requires you to spend money on card packs or adventures if you even hope to perform well in the game.

And, as you pointed out in regards to ROI, the amount of work that goes into making hearthstone (largely contracted out card art, some promotional/UI art, and programming) versus the amount of money hauled in off of card packs (which cost Blizzard nothing to distribute) is probably a pretty good mint for them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd agree with this.

OW, Starcraft, Diablo, whatever, might be popular in their own right, but they aren't cash-making machines.

Having played since release I've never bought a single loot box in OW, nor do you need to buy anything beyond the box to play the game on even the most basic level. Starcraft and Diablo were just single purchases of the game and you were off.

That's not true for WoW or Hearthstone. WoW you obviously have to pay for just to play (in addition to paying the box fee,) while Hearthstone basically requires you to spend money on card packs or adventures if you even hope to perform well in the game.

And, as you pointed out in regards to ROI, the amount of work that goes into making hearthstone (largely contracted out card art, some promotional/UI art, and programming) versus the amount of money hauled in off of card packs (which cost Blizzard nothing to distribute) is probably a pretty good mint for them.
    I have never spent a single cent on HS and I can play just fine with top tier decks. Once you get into a certain loop then you can just save up gold and dust for the next xpac/adv and repeat the process.

WOW, as long as we're talking historical. Right now, it is...not very successful.

This isn't even up for debate. WoW is one of the most successful games ever created, not only for Blizzard. I think WoW's lifetime revenue is around $10 billion (I vaguely remember an article about it).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

WoW is what blew Blizzard up. Warcraft was successful before in a more limited sense, since RTS has always been a kind of limited genre. WoW gained them a massive install base from which to jump everything else off of. WoW drew in shit tons of people that would've never touched SC/Diablo/Warcraft/etc.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2020-03-01 at 03:56 PM.