Poll: Which game is the biggest of em all?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously.

It's WoW, nothing has ever come close, merely on subscription income alone it obviously wins, not even counting box sales.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is standing tall, because it is standing on the shoulders of a giant called WC3 RTS game - which I think, was a master piece at its time.

I would say WC3. It gave us both WoW and Dota. Pretty successful from my point of view.

If it weren't for warcraft 3. Success ... Wow wouldn't exist... Or even the other games

If it weren't for Allen Adham's mom, Blizzard wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, fuck dude, it was literally in the post you quoted. Sure, Warcraft is their most successful franchise, no one is arguing that. Feel better now?

Btw you are quite creepy my dude, stalking me across all the boards here in MMOC. VERY creepy.
    Your tangential supposition has absolutely no place in this discussion. Please learn how to read and comprehend sarcasm.

Also, I'm stalking you because I replied to a post? That's rich. If you don't like people like me quoting you, don't respond back to me, ignore my post then move on with your life. Be an adult. This is a discussion forum, the original post I quoted you on had two other quotes in it. I don't single any one person out but if you engage in a conversation with me I generally reply back unless there's nothing further to discuss. That's how discussion forums work.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-02-25 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    WoW is not only the biggest game of Blizzrad

its also the biggest earning game in the history of computer games. Fortnite , LoL are kindergarten kids compared to WoW totals

if you also adjust for inflation then probably Fortnite and LoL downgrade from kids to embrions compared to WoW
    What? I doubt WoW has made more then LoL has.
    LoL has a fcking huge nerdy playerbase who spend shit on useless skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most popular.
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most profitable.
    Diablo 2 probably put Blizzard on the map, and Wow helped it sustain.
    Probably a combination of Warcraft/Starcraft/and Diablo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What? I doubt WoW has made more then LoL has.
    LoL has a fcking huge nerdy playerbase who spend shit on useless skins.
    You have no idea the revenue wow has generated. League will not come close to the overall of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Probably a combination of Warcraft/Starcraft/and Diablo

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea the revenue wow has generated. League will not come close to the overall of WoW
    Got any number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I know it’s a WoW fan forum, but let’s be real here. WoW is their only IP that is brought up in the same breath as Call of Duty during their ActiBlizz earnings call.

WoW of course. It's sub based. Huge money flow.

Got any number?
    As of 2016 WoW had an estimated 9.39 billion, based almost entirely on subscriptions, in gross sales. As of 2019 League of legends was at an estimated 10.1 billion in sales. It is much harder now that WoW does not release sales or sub numbers. And the earlier figures does not account for merchandising or digital services (name change, server change, faction change ....)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicstorm View Post
    If it weren't for warcraft 3. Success ... Wow wouldn't exist... Or even the other games
    I mean, if we want to go that way about it, nothing would probably be the same without the success of D2. Lifetime Diablo 2 sales: 17 Million. Lifetime Warcraft III sales: 3 million. Arpg is just far more popular than RTS

Considering how people wanna twist and turn the question... I would say Big Bang was what paved the way for Blizzards success.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Why is Heroes even on the poll though lol.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    TOP 3 in my pov are.

WoW because long revenue.

Hearthstone because if igood recall, it was first card board game on PC and later on mobiles.

Overwatch because... Idk i see only copy paste of TF2.

Even today? I assume Overwatch is far more popular atm then WoW.
    You would think that but matchmaking is pretty much dead or very long wait time for a game that supposedly has a huge fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    You would think that but matchmaking is pretty much dead or very long wait time for a game that supposedly has a huge fanfare.
    Depends on your ranking honestly, my wife gets long wait times at diamond+ for dps but my silver ass gets like 5 minute dps queues haha.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most popular.
    Over its lifetime, Wow is likely the most profitable.
    Diablo 2 probably put Blizzard on the map, and Wow helped it sustain.
    I'd say WC2 put them on the map while SC and Diablo 2 sent them in to the sky.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I suppose that's the curse of being good at aiming and logging over 4000 hours on tf2 with a third of it being on sniper and scout alone. Good times.

Biggest is obviously WoW, also highest revenue generating, Hearthstone is likely highest ROI rate