Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    maybe you should check forums, statistics, watch videos by many influencers (also not a big fan of them) you will realize not THAT MUCH ppl love it, to get BiS gear from the AH by buying tokens.
    yeah, nobody but guilds like Limit or Method and few imbeciles buy those items...
    in pvp corruptions are weakened, and do i really care that some average Joe cleared raid or m+ faster than me?

there are also crapload of posts and videos from influencers how they hate wow, yet they still play it, or in some cases havent played it in years, whole point of these threads is not a change to the game, but getting approval (or money in case of influencers) from others, its pathetic really...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Um... no... 1 month here is 14.99, 3 months here is 13.99, 6 months here is 12.99...

Realizing that not everyone that comes to this board lives in the EU... Priceless, dont you think?
    EU is the biggest player base for subscription based play. Ofc it's safe to assume, OP refers to Euros, when the only "currency" he mentions, is something that doesn't exist: bugs
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

just to clarify a bit my thoughts:

its not that i did not get a „when you do not like something, do not pay for it“ mindset, or something.

imagine the following:

there are 25 devs standing at Blizz HQ around a table and REALLY wanna make a REALLY good game, have the money, the patience, the budget, the will, but: finances (that also would love a great WoW) tell them: Sad to say, but plz make the game more bad than it have to be, because sadly we make more money with that route. So we have to.

The thing here is a pure „logical“ problem. Not a problem „i have“.

Since i am not a natural english speaker (obvious), maybe i cant find the right terms to describe what i wanna saying.
    It doesn't matter what hypothetical you throw at it, the answer is the same; quit.

- If they change the game up to be something 4M vs 8M like, then 4M people quit.
    - They have their 25 developers who want to make a specific game but they say, "No, make this instead." They either make it or, you guessed it, quit.

We, the individual players can voice our opinion, but until they see their bottom line actually hurt, they'll do whatever it is they want.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to remember; Blizzard is a company. They're selling you a product that you choose to buy. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It really is that simple.

It's a good question and Blizzard's been on the path of ruining the game since Cata with brief respites in parts of Legion and MOP. The problem is - the topic of WOWs on-going erosion creates a lot of strange and unique bedfellows. For example, the line wraps around the block and them some with players who'd agree WOW is a shadow of it's former self, but the reasons "why" greatly differ. Someone may "dislike" WOW because of the lack of flying out of the box and another person might dislike WOW because there is no 6vs6 RBGs or the RNG is out of control or there is too many grinding systems with AP, AZ, Isles, Corruption and Essences...and on and on and on we go. In short the problem is Blizzard has no way of qualifying or quantifying what's good and what's not. And then there are the dumb changes for no valid or understandable reason at all - like putting more abilities on the GCD and then there are dumb ideas born from dumber solutions like corruption gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I guess my confusion is with the OP then, because didn't he say if 4 million quit and 4 million started up with tokens, wouldn't that be a net increase for Blizzard. But maybe I'm misunderstanding him because his english hasn't been good at all.
    His argument isn’t good at all he thinks that there will be 4 million people that every month will drop 20 bucks on a token which would be the only way that blizzard in anyway shape or form makes money especially if they only use it for gold transactions which is not something that players do in fact if he paid attention to the economy with the token the sales go up whenever a new game is announced which means that blizzard is gaining minimal profit during those points

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Youtubers are desperate to shit on anything they can for quick views. They will shit on anyone and anything, stretch anything they can, make any tiny little minuscule connection and blow it out of proportion, just for clicks. Youtubers very rarely enjoy what they're playing unless they're massive fan boys (in which case they'd even enjoy if X company fed them a pile of shit) or are being paid to push.

WoW (And MMOs in general I think) was a fad, it will never be as popular or as "good" as it once was. The game needs to change over time to stay at least mildly interesting, and based on how other MMOs have held up compared to WoW... I'd say WoWs not in such a bad spot as people think. We will never, ever, in a thousand million years, get back to the "glory days" when WoW was "good". People need to just accept this, accept the game for what it is now, or move on. The most you can do is give Blizzard meaningful feedback, so, you know, not just random bitching like 98% of people do, and pray they listen. And remember, just because they don't enact what you want, doesn't mean they aren't listening, just means they aren't listening to you out of the millions that still play this game.

All that being said, 8.3 is dog shit and everyone should quit the game because supporting one of the biggest let downs in all of WoW history is terrible, and quitting is the best feedback you can give.
    I like the new patch because the new mythic plus affix makes rogues not mandatory the new Raid is pretty fun the corruption system well extremely imbalanced gives us a good look into what to expect in the future and the vision system is kind of fun along with the fact that there are reusing old zones which is some thing that they need to do more often

just to clarify a bit my thoughts:

its not that i did not get a „when you do not like something, do not pay for it“ mindset, or something.

imagine the following:

there are 25 devs standing at Blizz HQ around a table and REALLY wanna make a REALLY good game, have the money, the patience, the budget, the will, but: finances (that also would love a great WoW) tell them: Sad to say, but plz make the game more bad than it have to be, because sadly we make more money with that route. So we have to.

The thing here is a pure „logical“ problem. Not a problem „i have“.

Since i am not a natural english speaker (obvious), maybe i cant find the right terms to describe what i wanna saying.
    There is no logic in what you're saying. Better game earns more money.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    There is no logic in what you're saying. Better game earns more money.
    No, the game that manipulates people more earns more money lol

7+ Year Old Account
    How.... HOW! do people still not understand tokens. And then there's the whole basic math issue. Good god.

but exactly thats the problem here, as i tried to show. it does NOT make MORE ppl happy (more ppl enjoy that route), because of cash grab systems you can make MORE money with LESS ppl.

its EXACTLY the opposite what you say. and that seems to my like a logical problem.
    There is a simple saying. "different strokes for different folks" or "it takes all kinds of kind to make the world go round". You and me are going to have different tastes for this game that we enjoy. There is very little you can do to change someone's mind if they're playing they want to play.

This i.e. is a video of Preach. I personally do not like that guy. But he talk about the thematics in the video. Also Bellular and others have same videos. As i said i am DEFINTELLY not that „omg my youtube hero said so“ guy (i piss on influencers etc), but it seems many of them say the same. and my personal oppinion is that there is truth in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVRwdJorEw

and before someone start going „He wanna clickbait shit Preaches videos...“ no, i dont and do not know Preach and saw maybe 5 vidoes of him in the last 4 years. Was just one of the many that were posted to me.
    Quoting Preach doesn't give you much points, he's as relevant as a cup of tea Youtubers' job is to be entertaining, not to be right. Guess what gives entertainment points? Shitting on something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    No, the game that manipulates people more earns more money lol
    If you can be manipulated by a game, you deserve to be taken for as much money as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    One easy step would be to convince them to stop supporting esports in WoW. Here's another, stop balancing around the 1% - in fact stop trying to make everyone equal.

Having imbalance between classes in various scenarios makes player choices more relevant and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can be manipulated by a game, you deserve to be taken for as much money as possible.
    Bingo.

If tokens ruin the game for you then admit the game is ruined and find yourself a 'pure' game with no store.

If you truly believe that some person who you don't know and will likely never meet spent real money to buy that BOE from the auction house I don't have any advice for you. If that somehow terrifies or disgusts you and you have no way to discern how that stranger got their gold then withdraw from MMO platforms and stick to single-player games. There's a ton of them and many are quite good.

Be smart about how you spend your money. Don't let yourself be manipulated. Fuck knows that there are daily, almost hourly, warnings about it here.

Last: Ask yourself if another thread is really needed when there are other threads on the front page that are talking about the same exact thing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-25 at 08:03 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

...Lets assume Blizz realized that they can make more profit with cash grab systems like Token...
    Stopped reading right here. The very fact you "assume" that speaks enough to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    EU is the biggest player base for subscription based play. Ofc it's safe to assume, OP refers to Euros, when the only "currency" he mentions, is something that doesn't exist: bugs
    1) I'm gonna have to ask for where you got your 'biggest player base' information, because everything I can find says NA is larger, but only slightly, and China is bigger than the both of us ... OP mentioned only 'bugs' no Euros. But seriously if you wanna fight over nitpicky shit, then I'm not interested...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I'm gonna have to ask for where you got your 'biggest player base' information, because everything I can find says NA is larger, but only slightly, and China is bigger than the both of us ... OP mentioned only 'bugs' no Euros. But seriously if you wanna fight over nitpicky shit, then I'm not interested...
    China is by far, the biggest region, but they don't play sub based; they pey hourly.
    EU region is by Blizzard's words AND sites like warcraftrealms.com (and others) much bigger than NA region.

And I did mention then non-existing bugs-currency. It can be anything: Euros, dollars (and which kind then?), pounds, DKK, SEK or any other currency....we just don't know; this, always assume the most widely used.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    China is by far, the biggest region, but they don't play sub based; they pey hourly.
    EU region is by Blizzard's words AND sites like warcraftrealms.com (and others) much bigger than NA region.

And I did mention then non-existing bugs-currency. It can be anything: Euros, dollars (and which kind then?), pounds, DKK, SEK or any other currency....we just don't know; this, always assume the most widely used.
    Then you'll be more than happy to show me 'Blizzard's words' on the subject matter. Until then I'll have to go with the evidence I've been able to obtain myself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you'll be more than happy to show me 'Blizzard's words' on the subject matter. Until then I'll have to go with the evidence I've been able to obtain myself.
    No I won't.. Find it yourself, if it's important to you.

Nice self-destructive way of thinking.

Unsub and move to something else, then comeback if you think the game is better, that's what a lot of us are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, nobody but guilds like Limit or Method and few imbeciles buy those items...
    in pvp corruptions are weakened, and do i really care that some average Joe cleared raid or m+ faster than me?

there are also crapload of posts and videos from influencers how they hate wow, yet they still play it, or in some cases havent played it in years, whole point of these threads is not a change to the game, but getting approval (or money in case of influencers) from others, its pathetic really...
    What I'm getting from this comment is: "just shut up and play the game, if it doesn't affect you first hand, then it's fine".