Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, nobody but guilds like Limit or Method and few imbeciles buy those items...
    in pvp corruptions are weakened, and do i really care that some average Joe cleared raid or m+ faster than me?

    there are also crapload of posts and videos from influencers how they hate wow, yet they still play it, or in some cases havent played it in years, whole point of these threads is not a change to the game, but getting approval (or money in case of influencers) from others, its pathetic really...
    What I'm getting from this comment is: "just shut up and play the game, if it doesn't affect you first hand, then it's fine".

  2. #62
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No I won't.. Find it yourself, if it's important to you.
    I see... so you make a bullshit claim and wont back it up because you know you cant prove it... got it...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    What I'm getting from this comment is: "just shut up and play the game, if it doesn't affect you first hand, then it's fine".
    more like "it doesnt affect THE GAME at all, so if you dont like it, leave"
    or does anyone else having better gear than you affect you or the game? does it bother you that player from Method who plays the same class you do get the drop you want?

  4. #64
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

    They will not stop going to milk that as much as possible, as long as it works. They will ofc test how far they can go, until it stops being more effective than pure subs. Result: The game becomes CALCULATED worse and worse. By definition.

    I see this as a big dilemma and i do not know what can be done logically wise to stop that downwards spiral.

    Any ideas ?
    If that is indeed your reasoning and you truly believe in it - then no...I don't think you cannot do anything against it.

    Well...you can (but I know already that you won't like it), and that is saying "I do not enjoy the game, it is not worth my money" - and quit. Yes...I know...you WANT WoW to get better - but you can chose to leave the game and watch at the sidelines until Blizzard realizes they crossed a line and change in a way that appeals to you again. When that happens (and I guess you would find out by people praising the game on youtube or here on MMO-C), you come back.

    Oh wait...that last thing with ppl praising the game won't really happen....unless you have people who's opinion you trust here and on youtube.

    But the alternative is paying for a game you dislike in the current state to a company you detest for how you think they operate these days.

    It really is that. Pay or don't pay. I suppose in addition you can make petitions, support you tubers that are also critical, make threads about it etc. There is just no guarantee it will change company policy or the game.

    I mean....there are examples where that worked: Changing the Coca Cola recipe.....the initial Sonic the Hedgehog design in the movie....but at the core it was the threat of losing money because consumers don't buy the product.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    What I'm getting from this comment is: "just shut up and play the game, if it doesn't affect you first hand, then it's fine".
    Meh...I wouldn't suggest that (I know you didn't quote me)

    But how many options do you really have? I think you need to ask yourself how much you agree or disagree with the design choices and the company behind it. And weight that against the money you pay. And everyone has to make that decision for themselves.

    Isn't that something we do (or should do) with everything every day?

    Just because somebody complains about something in the game, doesn't mean they should automatically quit and just because somebody continues to play doesn't mean they must like everything.

    But all in all I think ppl blow this "ruined the game" stuff waaaay out of proportion. Especially since apparently they are ruining the game since 2007 and TBC ^^ https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/

  5. #65
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Hi Folks,

    asked myself a question and i cant find myself a good answer. So i will ask you, the community.

    *snip*

    I see this as a big dilemma and i do not know what can be done logically wise to stop that downwards spiral.

    Any ideas ?
    The solution is easy. Cancel your sub and move on with your life.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  6. #66
    Stop subscribing. It's literally the only metric that matters to them. Your happiness is not something they're interested in. If you keep playing, you're happy enough for them.

  7. #67
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But all in all I think ppl blow this "ruined the game" stuff waaaay out of proportion. Especially since apparently they are ruining the game since 2007 and TBC ^^ https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-m...-wow-25902237/
    100% this. According to the tiny portion of WoW players that actually use forums, Blizz has been ruining the game since pretty much the first expansion.

    And these people asking 'how can we save WoW from Blizz??' - um, you can't? Its like they forget that WoW is Blizzard's game, not ours.

    If you want to play a tangible role in the game's improvement, stop bellyaching on forums, get a degree in game design and apply for a job at Blizz. What's the expression again? Be the change that you want to see?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-25 at 11:12 AM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  8. #68
    I haven't played WoW for like 3 months, originally planned to come back to 8.3

    But when the date approached and I read through the patch notes and saw the trailer I just had 0 motivation to actually play a MMO. If I would return to WoW now I would choose classic. But for now I feel completely unmotivated to ever play a MMO again. Monster Hunter offers me the same grind / hamster wheel but on my own terms and without dealing with other people.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    They should stop listening to every little whine from the community tbh.
    This is the solution.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Your time in WoW has ended? Time to move on to new things?
    People have a very hard time with that idea. I think many see WoW as such a big part of their life they don't know what to do without it, don't think of ever not playing it and any changes they aren't completely on board with is a developer issue not an actual issue with them. At some all things come to an end, hobbies normally don't have this 15 year lifespan many have gotten out of WoW. Yet somehow they don't see it that way almost like a smoker not being able to consider a day with their pack of cigarettes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  11. #71
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    This is the solution.
    Yes, it is.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    but exactly thats the problem here, as i tried to show. it does NOT make MORE ppl happy (more ppl enjoy that route), because of cash grab systems you can make MORE money with LESS ppl.

    its EXACTLY the opposite what you say. and that seems to my like a logical problem.
    the problem is u assume adding a cash grab system will mean less people. What happens when cash grab systems that make more money attract more players or keep players saturated? Complaints on forums, reddit, youtubers, etc. are only a vocal minority. You are nothing more than a nuance and if you all quit nobody would feel it (as most posts are bitching for sake of bitching or endless paragraphs).

    Blizzard uses metrics - thats why when you cancel your sub there is a field to leave a reason why. The real issue is people keep paying their subs for something they clearly dont enjoy. Move on. if you cant move on from something that clearly doesnt give you any joy anymore, you have an addiction problem.

  13. #73
    you guys are just bored of the game because you play it so much and have played it for many years. Maybe to compensate for something that is missing in your real life? I don't know. I play every expansion for 3-4 months on and off and I'm super excited to try every new patch.

  14. #74
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    100% this. According to the tiny portion of WoW players that actually use forums, Blizz has been ruining the game since pretty much the first expansion.

    And these people asking 'how can we save WoW from Blizz??' - um, you can't? Its like they forget that WoW is Blizzard's game, not ours.

    If you want to play a tangible role in the game's improvement, stop bellyaching on forums, get a degree in game design and apply for a job at Blizz. What's the expression again? Be the change that you want to see?
    Happens everywhere these days...only in the past it feels we were easier to walk away from it. Maybe it is a problem because suddenly and MMO can be "endless". In the past I completed a game...and if I liked it, bought the next one from the same publisher. I had companies I trusted and they usually delivered great stuff. But a game was always over. Sometimes had re-playability.

    WoW never ends - and as such also constantly has to change (or at least that is what the devs think). And every change and addition comes with criticism. I thought the moment Blizzard introduced the token, everyone would be happy, because it would solve the ENDLESS issue that apparently ppl had with account theft due to buying gold illegally. But nope...ofc ppl find a fault with it. And not even only the fact that Blizzard makes money from the transaction. I swear these days some people hate Blizzard so much, they rather have the shady gold selling business with all the ugliness back.

    But whatever...yeah..I for example think George Lucas (with Eps 1-3) and Disney now "ruined" Star Wars. But I guess there are still enough happy ppl with the franchise that even the drop from 2 billion for Eps 7 to 1 billion for Eps 9 is "okay" for them and they "didn't listen to all the feedback that the fans gave" (that WoW forum quote fits, eh?)

    So I am having fun with videos from Mr Plinket, Mauler, Critical Drinker etc and....drumroll...don't pay or go to see Star wars anymore after the dissappointment of Eps 1-3. Yeha...it took me all of these 3 films when I should have quit after Eps1. Thus is the denial and the power of love to something that once was great. So I totally understand the ppl who have a hard time quitting WoW. But I also know that there are still millions of ppl who LIKE the current Star wars. I am just not one of them anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    People have a very hard time with that idea. I think many see WoW as such a big part of their life they don't know what to do without it, don't think of ever not playing it and any changes they aren't completely on board with is a developer issue not an actual issue with them. At some all things come to an end, hobbies normally don't have this 15 year lifespan many have gotten out of WoW. Yet somehow they don't see it that way almost like a smoker not being able to consider a day with their pack of cigarettes.
    There is truth in that...hell..how many relationships last 15 years these days? Also wouldn't you know it...there seems to be a fallacy for everything, so we also fall for the "Sunk Cost" one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, but thats what i think about: I.e. what if Blizz makes more profit with this minority paying 260 bucks than with the majority paying solely subs ? this is just an extreme used as an example, but i hope you get what i mean.
    Yeah...what if?

    That is not for you or me to decide HOW they make their money. All you can decide whether you find it okay or it "morally apprehensive" and act on it.

    And at the end of the day...just like with sub numbers...do we actually know how many tokens there are being sold and bought?

    Okay...this is about WoW but I have to ask you this: If already the ABOVE example how Blizzard makes their money troubles you - how do you live your daily life where at every corner you have companies like Apple, Nestle, Amazon, basically any company that makes their products under questionable conditions, here and abroad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    They should stop listening to every little whine from the community tbh.
    Actually I don't think they listen to every little whine. Or if they listen, they certainly don't act on it.

    But ofc you could make a point that current changes of getting more CVs, mementos and removing the cap from Vessels is listening to whine. I mean..I for one like that. Sure, I understand why there was a cap..I just disliked it heavily.
    Last edited by det; 2020-02-25 at 11:47 AM.

  15. #75
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    25,787
    This seems like the same topic as an ongoing thread, and we don't really need a duplicate. Closing this.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •